• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 4

It's hard to feel too positive about another loss, but it at least felt like a step in the right direction & we resembled the team that finished last year so strongly. Switching off at critical moments cost us the win last night - too many missed tackles.

CSW has always been a beast of a player, the only question is how long can he stay fit? If he's past the worst of his injury problems then he can be massive for us going forward.

To be honest there's more for you to be positive about than us, despite the result. Te'o, CS-W and DO'C had big games for you and looked dangerous. Plus your hooker can actually throw and hit his man in the lineout, unlike ours...........

I really like the rule change regarding the ball being taken into touch/dead.

Awful pass from May.

That definitely won't do May's chances any good. Your teammate creates a simple walk in from nothing and all you have to do is a simple pass. Awful.

For the first and last time of the my life I want Tiggers to win, largely based on how much quins annoyed me last week with their ****ling. Particularly Yarde.

Hadn't noticed Boyce on the bench. Very similar mould to Genge, without the temper.

That was a tough old game.

Good win.

Ford and Toomua starting to gel the defence from those two where top class, George gets stick about his defence but he was a rock today,

Good game.

Quins need Dimitri to get fit ASAP, Marcus Smith is great, but Swiel isn't reliable as a 10.

We don't have a fit flyhalf in our squad, lol
It's our own doing, as well - we released our reserves and senior academy 10s, signed one 10 who was injured with an undetermined return date and had our first choice as someone with longstanding hamstring issues that can flare at any time.

I expected a drubbing today so I'm not too gutted. Hopefully Byrons two try cameo will get him back in the XV. Either at wing or fullback he needs to be playing.

Wasps allowed to dive on the ball at the base, and kick at the ball by JP. Neither are allowed.

Just watched mallinder kick straight into touch again.

And that's another great example of why tackling low is more often than not, inappropriate.

I disagree.
Unless you are very lateral to, or behind the player, it's safer to try and tackle high.

Most of the time you are fairly head on with the ball carrier, particularly as a forward.

Exeters retention play is very much complimented by the new laws. Makes it easier to hold onto possession. Still think they need a couple more game breakers in the backs. Abendonon from France?

Latest posts