• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 6

He's played for England mroe recently than either Wade of Roko though, the point still stands.

Not especially important given we're talking 4th or 5th choice winger, but still an odd choice

He played over the summer and has trained recently with the squad. Clearly on his radar as a likely playing prospect.

Dislocated shoulder for Clifford - who's next on the list for England?

and scored the game winning try on his debut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He was never going to be a first choice wing but he was worth having a look at

Was a fantastic try... However, he was also involved with multiple miss tackles in the build up to more than one Argentina try.

Dislocated shoulder for Clifford - who's next on the list for England?

Morgan? Beaumont? Armand? 8s seem to be dropping like flys!

and scored the game winning try on his debut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He was never going to be a first choice wing but he was worth having a look at

Roko scored twice the last time he played for England, bite me. Whether he can score tries is not the question anyway

I guess worth a look, but EJ could have had a look at Wade instead, why choose Solomona?

Roko scored twice the last time he played for England, bite me. Whether he can score tries is not the question anyway

I guess worth a look, but EJ could have had a look at Wade instead, why choose Solomona?

Because Wade is 3 years older and roko is 30.

Eddie seems to have the idea that if you're over 25 with limited amount of caps you ain't getting picked.

Because it's blindingly obvious that Wade wouldn't cut it at international rugby?

I don't like Solomona being selected for England, don't think he's good enough and he's on record as saying he doesn't feel a connection to the place (when he said he wouldn't play for us in League) but shiiiiiiiiiiiiit people are blowing this way out of proportion.
Pretty obvious that EJ doesn't rate Roko, for whatever reason.

Because Wade is 3 years older and roko is 30.

Eddie seems to have the idea that if you're over 25 with limited amount of caps you ain't getting picked.
Agree Roko's age is a major stumbling block, plus he has already been loked at. Wade's 26 though, he's older but far from too old

Talking of not-good-enough wingers, shite non-finish from Yarde there

Ok, Beaumont has gone off... Ben Morgan must be feeling good about a chance of a call up. Last man standing now surely?

Ok, Beaumont has gone off... Ben Morgan must be feeling good about a chance of a call up. Last man standing now surely?
Is he even standing, though?
Not in the Gloucester squad again this week - presume he's on the injury list too?

Is he even standing, though?
Not in the Gloucester squad again this week - presume he's on the injury list too?

Well I'm stumped... Haskell for 8? o_O