• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 6

Armand can play 8 right? Played and did ok in Argentina. Whoever we get is a bit of a stop gap really

Sam James is still clearly struggling with the knee injury.....so we take of Macginty?

Swear the sale players just drink cans the entire bus trip down to wherever our away games our, we play so stupid away from home

Jamie Roberts when that physio was working on his knee
2fc29a945dae1ab499b23f89fbf65a31.jpg

Dislocated shoulder for Clifford - who's next on the list for England?

Sam simmonds? ;)

Must be a thought as he has been smashing it for chiefs....or headbutting hughes leg haha. Thats going to be alot of respect for hughes from simmonds if they both make it into the england camp.

Hes not a big physical 8 like billy ir hughes but bench as back row cover he should get a shot against argentina :)

Last edited:
Cracking game at the Stoop. Credit to Sale for not giving up and for putting in a reasonable second half performance.

jono Ross is EQP....

Jono Ross is also playing at 6 and mainly looking off the pace for Sale ...

If fit, Hughes will obviously start for England, so I think it's probably a shoot out between Simmonds and Mercer for the bench spot.

That said, I wonder if Armand or Wilson could be considered? Obviously neither is an 8 by trade but either could do a job there for 20mins or so if needed.

Genge at 8 would probably work to be fair haha!

Jono Ross is also playing at 6 and mainly looking off the pace for Sale ...

If fit, Hughes will obviously start for England, so I think it's probably a shoot out between Simmonds and Mercer for the bench spot.

That said, I wonder if Armand or Wilson could be considered? Obviously neither is an 8 by trade but either could do a job there for 20mins or so if needed.

Same with Mike Williams.

Genge used to be an 8, I believe.

I can see why he was moved and I'm not suggesting we put him at 8 by any stretch, but he reminds me a bit of Facundo Isa in running style and body shape.

TBH I'm still thinking Hughes starts at 8; with Wilson, Underhill and Haskell fighting it out for the 20 shirt.
Simmonds and Mercer fighting to be involved with training (Simmonds in the driving seat there)

Last edited:
What will hold Wilson and Morgan back is they're not featuring in the champions cup.

Curry twins will be fine because there isn't many other options at 7, Kivesic seems to have regressed.

Tell you who is EQP though. Brendan O'Connor. One of the best natural 7's in the league when he's fully fit.

Latest posts