• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Round 19

Tigers look a completely different team when they play off 9 rather than trying to fizz absolutely everything out wide. For a couple of minutes they were Exeteresque in their ball retention.

Well that's Bath's top 4 hopes gone. They need a bonus point win in 2 of their last 3 games just to catch Wasps and Leicester. With Sarries still to play I don't see it happening.

Tigers look a completely different team when they play off 9 rather than trying to fizz absolutely everything out wide. For a couple of minutes they were Exeteresque in their ball retention.

I think ball retention has been one of Leicester's biggest weakness this season, getting into good positions and giving the ball away. They keep playing like that then top 4 is there for the taking.

Tbh fair play to tigers, completly turned around their season. Deserved 3rd spot right now, dont think top 2 will change especially if chiefs win tomorrow but 3rd and 4th are still up for grabs.

The stats from the SarriesStains game are entertaining.

Think Boyd should be able to make fairly quick progress with them.

Saints = Awful
Bath = Bad
Quins = Awful.

No way should Saints and Quins be so poor with the players in their teams. Quins is littered with England internationals and get turned over at home by an average side. How long until Kingston is let go; they look clueless in a lot of aspects of their game.

The stats from the SarriesStains game are entertaining.

Think Boyd should be able to make fairly quick progress with them.

I doubt it.
Boyd had Coles, Franks, Thrush, Vito, Shields, TJ, Nonu, Smith, Barrett, NMS, Savea, Barrett etc to work with.

Who da fuk does he have at saints currently really? when you look at it.
Lawes, Horne and .....

Also at Canes he had one of the best forwards coaches in the world Jon Plumtree and how many NZ rugby coaches have gone straight into the top job at a prem club and really improved them? They seemed to struggle with not having the players with the same skillset as what they are used to in NZ and that is a Academy/Development issue not a first team issue.

I really hope him coming to staints will be of massive benefit to Hills, Ludlam and Collins but I'm not holding my breath about it. (I'm hoping he has no part in the current selection becuase them not getting picked currently is shocking given that they can't get top 6 and are really unlikely to be relegated.

Saints = Awful
Bath = Bad
Quins = Awful.

No way should Saints and Quins be so poor with the players in their teams. Quins is littered with England internationals and get turned over at home by an average side. How long until Kingston is let go; they look clueless in a lot of aspects of their game.

Awful is an understatement. Honestly the worst Quins performance I have seen. Today confirmed my decision not to renew my season ticket.

I doubt it.
Boyd had Coles, Franks, Thrush, Vito, Shields, TJ, Nonu, Smith, Barrett, NMS, Savea, Barrett etc to work with.

I mean because they're an OK side that are playing awfully.... there are a load of easy improvements to make.

Easy improvements yes, although you could say that for pretty much every team in the league on paper.
But I just don't know how much progress he will really get out of them TBH the set-up and quality really doesn't tend to lend itself to "Super rugby" style. I also don't think they have the players really Bigger is a good signing though.

Although if it does get ring fenced then that will take some pressure off.

Hepburn having a stormer.
Was just about to say he's been very impressive

I say it every time i see him but I'm always surprised he's a front rower, he looks tiny compared to everyone else. If you said he was a flanker or centre you'd believe it

Was just about to say he's been very impressive

I say it every time i see him but I'm always surprised he's a front rower, he looks tiny compared to everyone else. If you said he was a flanker or centre you'd believe it
Yup, if you were to swap out Simmonds for Waldrom he'd be our smallest forward. That's said, the way he plays you wouldn't think he's lacking size. Doesn't give anything away at scrum time.

Remember when someone said cowan-Dickie lineout has been great this season.......

That was a rip in the tackle not a knock on.

Love to see the props like hepburn putting in 100% effort knowing they are playing 60 min. Empty the tank and tire the defence.

Damn look at the tackle count!!! Chiefs 30 - 146 Gloucester lol

Latest posts