• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Round 19

Does Cole actually understand how penalties work and that they are not a good stat to have?

You absolutely have, you're suggesting it's wrong that he's attempted to put himself in a position where his shoulder is actually applying enough force to counteract the carrier's own power.

We disagree about the result of him bringing in his other arm.

If you aren't taking issue with him being the second man in then it's irrellevant.
If I've said that, then I've typed messily. Double checking what I've written. I haven't said that.
If you want to know my view, take a breath, and read the words I've written.

Thompstone was in position to catch that before the ball and wilson jumped into him IMO.

But that is a rule problem IMO

So you're not trying to say that players shouldn't do this...

??
Correct, I'm not saying he shouldn't do that. Otherwise I'd have said something about him not being allowed to do that. As it is, I said that that is a thing that happened.
Now read the rest of the post, or hell, just the rest of the sentence

Thompstone was in position to catch that before the ball and wilson jumped into him IMO.

Yup standard problem with the law but at least Barnes is reffing it correctly unlike other refs during the 6 nations...

Agreed, I think Monye has a point, Thompstone is underneath the ball and the player jumps over you and gives a penalty. It allows players to jump regardless and try to get a penalty.

It is, but the law's been around for a while now, and he should have known he putting himself in Wilson's landing zone.
I had a lot more sympathy a few years ago, and actively hated it then, but we now know that if you're arriving too late to challenge the man in the air, then you have to get out of there.

I would still rather a law said that if you create a dangerous situation (jumping into a man already in position) then it's your fault, and your penalty / card.
For this incident I'd need to see it more times to decide fault with that, but either way, it'll never happen as it could mean a player jumping for, and securing the ball being shown a red card as he's stretchered off.

Also does Bateman cover himself in oil before coming on? He also seems to slip out of tackles.

It is, but the law's been around for a while now, and he should have known he putting himself in Wilson's landing zone.
I had a lot more sympathy a few years ago, and actively hated it then, but we now know that if you're arriving too late to challenge the man in the air, then you have to get out of there.

I would still rather a law said that if you create a dangerous situation (jumping into a man already in position) then it's your fault, and your penalty / card.
For this incident I'd need to see it more times to decide fault with that, but either way, it'll never happen as it could mean a player jumping for, and securing the ball being shown a red card as he's stretchered off.

But that's my issue with the law he didn't arrive too late he was in position alreayd to catch it before Wilson jumped into him.

Big Big try for Leicester, they need all the bonus points they can get. They should beat Northampton with how they're playing though not a given by any means. Then they have 2 tough games to finish with Sale and Newcastle also going for top 4.

But that's my issue with the law he didn't arrive too late he was in position alreayd to catch it before Wilson jumped into him.
These days being too late to get into the air means you are too late to challenge a man in the air. Under current laws, he should have taken a step back and let Wilson have or spill it.

I'm still for those being penalties. Faletau's hoping he'll get a chance to catch it, but his first aim is to stop it. Hitting it up doesn't always mean it's a legitimate attempt to catch it.

Latest posts