• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Round 19

And then almost the same thing happens again

Leicester always used to be known for their street smarts but both of these have been as dumb as you can possibly be

Edit: Fotuali'i repays in kind
Maybe Twickenham is cursed
was Kahn's stupid or just blatant and professional?

As for the scrum penalties - I do hate that being worse than your opponent seems to be a penalty offence these days - or is that just my ignorance as a SH not Prop

Nah... just a hard tackle.
Shoulder with no arms (no attempt to wrap the right and vague attempt but no wrap of the left) is a penalty,
Initial collision was legal but it rode high which is a penalty
Combine em for a yellow

was Kahn's stupid or just blatant and professional?
I think it was stupid,
It wasn't quick ball so slowing/killing the ball in that position just gave Leicester a chance to reset and play against 14 men.

I can understand killing it on a break or whatever, but bath had numbers around the ruck for any drive and it was slow anyway

I'd have said penalty for not wrapping the arms, but no card

It didn't ride high, Wilson's head whipped forward and down.

You say there's no attempt to wrap the right arm, but if he does that then he's just going to put his own head into the way of contact. Wrapping with both arms isn't safe when the carrier is directly in front of you.

It was a hard contact. That's all.

Scrums aside Bath are looking much better than Tigers atm, would be really surprised if they don't win.

You say there's no attempt to wrap the right arm, but if he does that then he's just going to put his own head into the way of contact
Which makes the tackle illegal for not wrapping the arm. The reason he didn't wrap is irrelevant,it's the fact that he didn't (IMO) that is relevant.

What he SHOULD have done, is to wrap his left arm, rather than trying to out a sphard shoulder into the ball - because that's legal

Which makes the tackle illegal for not wrapping the arm. The reason he didn't wrap is irrelevant,it's the fact that he didn't (IMO) that is relevant.

The reasoning behind the law (safety) is entirely relevant.

Common sense required.

Scrums aside Bath are looking much better than Tigers atm, would be really surprised if they don't win.
I wouldn't say much but a little better. Not sure if it's by enough to get away from your scrum dominance, you should be able to kill a good 15 points out of that gimme, especially with Wayne around

The reasoning behind the law (safety) is entirely relevant.

Common sense required.
What?
Safety says you have to wrap your arms in the tackle.
"Safety" has never said that it's fine to hit someone with a hard shoulder, and no attempt to wrap. Ever

What he SHOULD have done, is to wrap his left arm, rather than trying to out a sphard shoulder into the ball - because that's legal

If he grasps he'll more than likely be done for ending the contact high as the player slips down. There's only so much you can do when a guy is running directly at you.

If he grasps he'll more than likely be done for going high as the player slips down. There's only so much you can do when a guy is running directly at you.
The laws say the precise opposite.
You are not allowed to not wrap your arms in the tackle, but you won't get done if the player dipping causes you to go high.

Yes, you can trust the primary tackler; you can join legally, or you can join illegally. He chose the latter. Which is illegal

What?
Safety says you have to wrap your arms in the tackle.
"Safety" has never said that it's fine to hit someone with a hard shoulder, and no attempt to wrap. Ever

"Safety" isn't encouraged by strictly saying that wrapping is paramount.
As I've said, if he tries to wrap with both arms, he's only putting his own head in harms way.

The laws say the precise opposite.
You are not allowed to not wrap your arms in the tackle, but you won't get done if the player dipping causes you to go high

I don't give a **** about the laws, I'm talking about safety.

Latest posts