• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Round 19

Oh I agree it's only a penalty, but I called penalty in real time and not even the commentators picked up on it other than Bassett was down injured. I think the issue is that after that you had all the Sale pressure which led to a try. Wasps lineout in the Sale half at 78 minutes would have had an impact. It could have changed the result, we'll never know.

Yeah that's a pretty clear penalty, though I bet if you go through a full game you'll see dozens of collisions like that.

It's unfortunate for Bassett (and wasps) that he got injured from it, but it doesn't look a card (certainly not a red as many are saying) to my biased eyes

Yeah that's a pretty clear penalty, though I bet if you go through a full game you'll see dozens of collisions like that.

It's unfortunate for Bassett (and wasps) that he got injured from it, but it doesn't look a card (certainly not a red as many are saying) to my biased eyes

Pretty much, usually they just have more bodies around the ruck so isn't as obvious.

I think it was mentioned else where that English refs have this tendency to let players fly towards rucks. I've seen other examples where I don't think players are in control. It's also an area where Refs from other countries have given penalties, so at the least it needs a discussion.

Definitely not a card, but whether it's a penalty or a card doesn't matter for wasps, it's more that we would have got out of our own half and had possession for the final minutes.
(By the way, congrats on the win, well earned)

From that footage, it absolutely is.

Even if I accepted that this was a shove, it's one directly to the head with the forearm/elbow. As I said, Bassetts face isn't bleeding for no reason...
And irrespective of that, why exactly is Bassett being cleared out? He is very far from the tackle area..

From that footage, it absolutely is.

Hmm I've watched it again and his forearm makes contact with Bassett's head. I'm changing to penalty and yellow. Watch his right forearm and where it makes contact.

So this is a significant win for sale and loss for wasps. Very important round now as 7th place Gloucester ar 6 points behind 2nd place sarries who are 8 points behind chiefs.

Top 4 is wide open with 20 points remaining, 15 for sale/wasp.

Sale on 10 wins 9 losses 9BP 4LBP, same Bp as chiefs, sneak the top 4, they have to beat the likes of tigers and bath. Down side they play chiefs at sandy park but they know how to score tries and bp's will be crucial.

Bath v tigers is a huge top 4 decider, tigers win and they have a good shot of top 4 but lose and they have to play sale away who are on form and in the mix. Bath win and ot gets interesting could go either way.

Falcons i really dont know tbh i cant see them making the top 5 but then again they have the chance to spoil the party playing, wasps tigers sale and chiefs, might be to much for them

Could all come down to BP with how close it is. It should be a great end to the season cant wait.

Last edited:
Stupidest penalty I've seen in a while, that
And then almost the same thing happens again

Leicester always used to be known for their street smarts but both of these have been as dumb as you can possibly be

Edit: Fotuali'i repays in kind
Maybe Twickenham is cursed

It's been a problem for the last 3 years Oly. Tigers have some great players but on the whole I think they're possibly the least street-smart team in England.

Should just remove scrums from the game, They're an absolute joke in this day and age

Latest posts