• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Final 2015 Bath V Saracens

the point is more that Saracens created more opportunities than they finished (strettle cross field for example), so were a lot more efficient with their possession in creating scoring chances than Bath.

also continuing to code the game (OF tackels) and he's up to 3 primary tackles & 5 assists after 20 minutes, plus a couple fo missed tackles from leading the line.
Don't disagree there hence why Saracens won.

Collapsing the scrum? Leaving the scrum before it's finished?

I'm fairly certain Barnes could of found numerous reasons to ping them for it.

I agree but also think that scrum on the bath 5m where he pinged Saracens for "backrow being in the front row" because our front row had gone through the middle was unusual. I was in agreement that I 100% thought that was a Bath pen when we collapsed. 2 players unbound, at least one popping up and several going to ground. Just think you win some you lose some.

Having said that there were a number of weird decisions against both sides. But I don't think he changed the outcome of the game and no ref can be expected to see everything clearly.

Also Faz had a great game. Especially accuracy with the boot and making territory (as well as attacking organisation). George was much more visible and helped our scrum out. Both contributed massively to different areas as such hard to pick from a number of players (Burger in defence for example). Just whatever your personal flavour for man of the match is I guess. For me it was Alex Goode but hey.

Last edited:
Yeah it was odd game on that front he seamed to make odd decisions in Saracens favour in the first half and Bath in the second. Like Bath clearly holding on in one ruck but then pinging Saracens over it.

I think the only we can feel aggrieved about is Farrell we lost a key player over it. At the time I thought nothing of it but the more I see it and the fact Watson doesn't change his head height I think Farrell should of been yellow carded for it. I don't think it's a red card and ban though (who know these days though they're pretty tough) as I'd reserve that for malicious intent.

Think that's about right. Should have been yellow carded but a ban is harsh.

Agree completely with ncurd's assessment.

I know the finals been played but you have to admit, being threw straight in the deep end, Burgess played a good game. He was well placed against Vunipola.

Latest posts