• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 19

Sums up the game

BlCcpmiCQAAV6oU.jpg

So gowbdid tuilagi do at 12 then? Pass? Offload? Crest space? I really hope he did well from an England view!

So gowbdid tuilagi do at 12 then? Pass? Offload? Crest space? I really hope he did well from an England view!

Was Man of the Match

He create space by knocking the living shyt out of the wasps D, but failed to see anyone around him.

He is a 13 not a 12. scored 2 tries one breaking 4/5 tackles. and was solid in defence made a try saving tackle to hold up the ball.

Logo went off after 15 mins from the bench with a limp so hopefully nothing to bad but Balmain had a really good game I thought.

Mark Anscombe was looking for a new job before signing his contract extension with Ulster and one of the places he was looking was Glaws...
Supposedly was Cardiff-bound until the HC wins over Glasgow.

Anscombe to Glous would be a good move for glous imo.

Davies has been poor.

Not sure Ulster would stand in the way if the move came around again.

Still, main point - coaches think there's a seat opening up at Kingsholm.

Draggs - Didn't know it had got that close, had heard he'd been looking there too... cheers for that one.

Well, I don't know if papers were drawn up, but there was a connection between the two. Perhaps a deal in principle, not sure.

Just caught my recording of Glos vs. Bath. GONG show game, reminded me of an NHL game that has broken down and degenerated into line brawls. Citing commision is going to be awful busy in the next week, though credit to Puafisi for immediately acknowledging his error in the high tackle and showing some remorse and concern before being sent to the dressing room, think he should just get the standard punishment for such a tackle, it seemed very reactionary and not malicious.

Away in New Zealand playing in a weakened England side isn't exactly the opportunity to shine though is it.

England team without Tigers or Bath in the final......

1.Marler
2.Youngs
3.Wilson
4.Attwood
5.Launchbury
6.Robshaw
7.Kveisc
8.Morgan
9.Care
10.Ford
11.May
12.Eastmond
13.Tuilagi
14.Nowell
15.Brown

Not doing the subs but that doesnt look too weak....

Last edited:
yeah, this is the first time in years we're looking at an england squad that has people who can step in an out.

the issue is doing it on mass like that, one or two changes here and there makes - 7 changes before the bench is a lot.

Just caught my recording of Glos vs. Bath. GONG show game, reminded me of an NHL game that has broken down and degenerated into line brawls. Citing commision is going to be awful busy in the next week, though credit to Puafisi for immediately acknowledging his error in the high tackle and showing some remorse and concern before being sent to the dressing room, think he should just get the standard punishment for such a tackle, it seemed very reactionary and not malicious.

Spot on on Puafisi. was a bad tackle, and understand the red, but I thought his reaction to the tackle was excellent, checked on Abendanon straight away, and showed immedtae concern and remorse.

Can see Nick Abendanon getting cited for that fight at the end as well, he comes in from miles out having a bit of a swing 0 May is absoutely incenced at it. Also curious to see what happened with Agulla and Cowan on the side line... big words being exchanged.

Haha just been on Shed Web and one of the threads on there is stating how proud he is being Glos Supporter after Yesterdays disgrace...

Having followed Glos for over two decades and watched my first game as a child, I have to say that was as exciting an occasion as I can remember at Kingsholm and will go down in the annals of history alongside Tione and Azam's tear up, Simmo headbutting Richter, Will Green scoring a try under the posts for Wasps when time was already up etc. etc.
There is something fundamental to me about the identity of being a Gloucester supporter, my enjoyment and when factors such as being cheated by the ref, our players refusing to be intimidated, brewing media storms, the obnoxious behaviour of our adversaries, and a hostile atmosphere are all part of a Saturday afternoon. Happy to be shouted down by the goody two-shoes and be in a minority of one if needs be, but I celebrate the city where I was born and learnt Rugby returning to its traditional roots, if only for one day. Game of the season, performance of the season and good for the soul.

At the end of the day, going to Glos is always going to be a tough game, so to come away with the win is the main thing, obviously there needs to be some kind of investigation into the game. The general conduct of the fans need to be bought into the inquiry, as at the end of the day however passionate you are, you do not throw things at officials, you don't attack the opposition bus, remember we are Rugby Union fans and not Football Fans

Spot on on Puafisi. was a bad tackle, and understand the red, but I thought his reaction to the tackle was excellent, checked on Abendanon straight away, and showed immedtae concern and remorse.

Can see Nick Abendanon getting cited for that fight at the end as well, he comes in from miles out having a bit of a swing 0 May is absoutely incenced at it. Also curious to see what happened with Agulla and Cowan on the side line... big words being exchanged.

It was from a scuffle earlier in the game at a scrum where Cowan politely requested they exchange phone numbers in the car park later.

It was from a scuffle earlier in the game at a scrum where Cowan politely requested they exchange phone numbers in the car park later.
What an idiot.
He's lucky Carl 'One Punch' Fearns was either in the bin or out of earshot, I think he'd have taken great joy out of rearranging the d**ckheads features.

Just seen this on SW:
Gloucester players were facing intimidation from a team that came to bully into submission.

... you mean the Bath Rugby team had a forward pack? :lol:
What a ludicrous comment!

I do find the whole situation slightly strange tbh.
I think a lot of people are letting the brawl distort their memory of the game - which was not particularly ****ly, especially considering it was a local derby.

The yellow cards were for technical rugby infringements not foul play (except for the Garvey one - which was a terrible call anyway).
Puafisi's red was dealth with very calmy - no-one really got amped up about it, no-one got stuck into Puafisi... they left him alone because he showed remorse and it was clearly not intentional.

At 70mins there was nothing to suggest a mass brawl was about to break out.
And when it did it was clearly caused solely by a chippy Welch scrum-half.

Gut feeling Falcons might sneak a win today, will have targeted this game as a game they can win, Richards going for it more in the backline hes chosen, should be interesting

Latest posts