• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 22

Quick question maybe someone can answer who watched Saints vs Tigers when Northampton had their second player sent to the bin (ma' afu) surely that was a penalty try ? The referee signified that he pulled the scrum down straight away . There was only one reason to do that and it's because he knew what was coming .... Is that fair reflection on the situation ?

Ref has to be sure a try would have been scored without the foul play, so unless it was moving towards the line he couldn't have given it.

Yup, same thing happened last season with Henry Thomas repeatedly collapsing on engagement vs Bath. Bath fans were crying out for a PT but in the end it was "just" a yellow.

Yeah seems a bit of a loophole but I am not really sure what can be done. I have always thought a yellow card is sort of harsh anyway. No where else on the field do you get penalised by ref for being a worse player although obviously I understand it is necessary

I personally think most penalties in the 5 meter line are pretty cynical and should almost always result in a YC and PT.

Yeah seems a bit of a loophole but I am not really sure what can be done. I have always thought a yellow card is sort of harsh anyway. No where else on the field do you get penalised by ref for being a worse player although obviously I understand it is necessary

I don't think they should hand out yellow cards . They should just hand out penalty tries a bit more easily . If it's blatant that's someone is immediately fetching the scrum down to stop the opposition from getting on a roll then it should be a penalty try . Hardly any point in sending people to the bin for not being able to handle the quality or technique of a better player and all it ends up being is uncontested scrums which is unfair on the team with a powerful scrum

Latest posts