• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Baldwin bitten by a Lion

Baldrick more like!
He was lucky it was only a '**** off' bite from the Lion as they'd have no problem biting off a human hand.

What a dull numpty. Explains why he often plays as if he's got nothing between his ears as well.

I can't be overly critical as I've been bitten by a Meer cat at the zoo before, and a horse, and a cow come to think of it. However I wouldn't put my hand close enough to a bleedin' lion to be bit!

I was really close to a puma and a jaguar once. They are quite adorable animals but I was appropriately terrified of those beasts.

He is stupid as hell, but they're all culpable for standing around casually laughing and filming it. Not one of them had the brains to say "mate that's a powerful, aggressive animal who really won't like being touched ... get your hand away you ******* idiot". Like Profitius said, that's not just a Rottweiler or something a lion could literally take his arm off if he felt like it.

I am NOT someone who goes around saying this about people who suffer some misfortune ... but he really did deserve what he got.

It's pretty amazing how so many people woulnd't even think about stroking a caged pitbull...but when the animal is huge, wild and beautiful, they do!

He is stupid as hell, but they're all culpable for standing around casually laughing and filming it. Not one of them had the brains to say "mate that's a powerful, aggressive animal who really won't like being touched ... get your hand away you ******* idiot". Like Profitius said, that's not just a Rottweiler or something a lion could literally take his arm off if he felt like it.

I am NOT someone who goes around saying this about people who suffer some misfortune ... but he really did deserve what he got.

What struck me when I saw the video was that judging by his accent and attire, there was and employee of the game lodge stood right behind him at the time, who seemed remarkably calm about the whole thing. Hopefully for his sake, SA doesn't have the blame culture that we have in the UK. I visited a Lion Farm in SA about 10 years ago and was amazed how laid back everyone was. I declined the kind offer of holding a cub, although I must admit that the prospect of being stuck in the clothes I was wearing once daubed in lion **** until I got back to the UK was almost as big a factor in the decision as the tooth shaped puncture wounds in the arms of the guy giving us the tour!

Anyway, it's a while since we had an original World XV thread, have we had an All Time Idiots XV one? Ladies and gentlemen, we have our hooker!

Andy 'I drove a Golf Buggy on the M4' Powell and Gavin 'I ****** On The Boss Of Brains Brewery' Henson have to be contenders.

What did he expect would happen. It's not circus or a British Lion, that's a wild African Lion. King of the Jungle. An actual lion that should be feared.

What struck me when I saw the video was that judging by his accent and attire, there was and employee of the game lodge stood right behind him at the time, who seemed remarkably calm about the whole thing. Hopefully for his sake, SA doesn't have the blame culture that we have in the UK. I visited a Lion Farm in SA about 10 years ago and was amazed how laid back everyone was. I declined the kind offer of holding a cub, although I must admit that the prospect of being stuck in the clothes I was wearing once daubed in lion **** until I got back to the UK was almost as big a factor in the decision as the tooth shaped puncture wounds in the arms of the guy giving us the tour!

Anyway, it's a while since we had an original World XV thread, have we had an All Time Idiots XV one? Ladies and gentlemen, we have our hooker!

Yeah I agree with this. It was very stupid. However the employee probably even ok'd it, as there were a few of the players putting their hand through the fence cautiously. The lion was clearly playing as well, like a cat would when you scratch them. If it really wanted to bite him he wouldn't have an arm right now.

My favourite part of all this was Tandy's interview. At what is a very difficult and serious time for him, he's having to a respond to a journalist who is close to laughing about his player being bitten by lion. He was fuming! haha.

Yeah I agree with this. It was very stupid. However the employee probably even ok'd it, as there were a few of the players putting their hand through the fence cautiously. The lion was clearly playing as well, like a cat would when you scratch them. If it really wanted to bite him he wouldn't have an arm right now.

My favourite part of all this was Tandy's interview. At what is a very difficult and serious time for him, he's having to a respond to a journalist who is close to laughing about his player being bitten by lion. He was fuming! haha.

The thing is at most of these Lion camps, you are allowed to pet them on their body or tail, but never on their face, especially when the Lions is looking straight at you.

The thing is at most of these Lion camps, you are allowed to pet them on their body or tail, but never on their face, especially when the Lions is looking straight at you.

Maybe to a Saffa who has grown up with dangerous wild animals all around this might seem naïve and sheltered, but surely a simple "don't touch, ever" policy is the only sane approach?!

Maybe to a Saffa who has grown up with dangerous wild animals all around this might seem naïve and sheltered, but surely a simple "don't touch, ever" policy is the only sane approach?!

Of course. But my guess is the guys asked the guide if they can touch the magnificent beasts...

Andy 'I drove a Golf Buggy on the M4' Powell and Gavin 'I ****** On The Boss Of Brains Brewery' Henson have to be contenders.

A superb effort from Colin Smart on the aftershave, but only good enough for the bench. The loose head shirt, and probably the captaincy, has to be nailed down by Armand Vanquerin. I didn't mind a spot of Fizz Buzz or Viking Bunnies after a few beers, but Russian Roulette really is the next level.

Jeffry and Richards must be in contention for the back row.

Latest posts