ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
...sucks balls.

So disappointing - any fans of the series feel the same?

Incredibly similar to BF3 - not really worth the price tag.
I do really like it though, I've not really experienced any glitches, and didn't play BF3 enough for this to feel too samey.
Actually, thinking about it, my single player glitched part of the way through (got into a jeep at the start of a cutscene, which then never started - just played jeep noise over a black screen. No amount of resets/reloads fixed it and I didn't want to restart the campaign). I don't buy Battlefield games for the Singleplayer, though.

Not got a patch on Bad Company 2, mind.
Nor Medal of Honour, which had (for me) the best multiplayer going (I know MoH isn't technically BF, but the multiplayer was identical.)

Brought it early on as there wasn't much choice for the PS4, but the online play and it issues meant I never got into it.

Played the Hardline Beta was some interesting game modes, but honestly it is the same old same old.

What platform: console or PC?

I enjoyed BF3 a lot tbh, I thought rush was a good addition (if not entirely original) and that the maps were well designed on the whole.
I still think the whole web browser interface is ****ing retarded, but there you go... it's not a make or break feature.

Then they started adding a load of DLC which turned it into something else... basically making it more like COD.
And BF4 has followed on from that - it's too fast, the maps are not very well designed IMO, and the vehicular side of the game doesn't feel very well integrated.
The maps really are a step down from BF3.

The pace is what really annoys me - and is an issue it shares with COD - it's not fast enough to be a twitch shooter and not slow enough to be a somewhat mil-sim game.
BF has always been a very relaxed arcade-like game with the aesthetics of a milsim game.

I'm actually about to play some BC2, a game which I thought I would hate but turned out to love.

Old school (up until BF2): PC
Up until BF4: Xbox 360
BF4: PS4

The DLC is annoying, I agree with that. To add extra game modes which only open up with a £12 addon is ****ty.
The Vietnam addon for Bad Company 2 was brilliant, was basically an entire new game.

The building damage in the new ones leaves a lot to be desired, as well.
They harp on about "Levolution", but that's just pre-set level changing. In BC2 you could just blast a house out of the way if you wanted to shoot your tank at someone.

Last edited:
I liked it. (PS4)

The single player was looooooooool because of the number of bugs and the scattergun, daft storyline that had no idea what it was doing from one minute to the next. Love the grenade launcher though.

When the multiplayer settled down I thought it was really good and I put well in excess of 100 hours into it so I must have been really enjoying it. It hasn't kept my interest until the end though I only booted it the other day to see if Dragons Teeth was any good.

I quite enjoy it on the Xbox One, well multiplayer anyway. Some changes are a foot in the next update which is due to be released soon.

Find unlocking some of the guns by earning the medals challenging but that's probably down to me being so rubbish!

I do ruddy love the Metro map, absolute non-stop carnage.

Last edited:
Find unlocking some of the guns by earning the medals challenging but that's probably down to me being so rubbish!
Hear you on that! Some of the requirements are nuts - I guess they want to tempt people into paying for unlocks (another thing I dislike from modern AAA gaming).

Have put aprox 300 hours into it on PC but largely because there are no good FPS alternatives and because of the franchise in general. There is a big patch coming in September that will be worth checking out. Net code and CTS (Community Test Server) changes are the big additions.

Latest posts