• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

battlefield bad company 2

E

esoj

I know some of you guys must have played the first one of this series so would be interesting to hear your thoughts on that and what you are looking forward to in the sequel. The first one didn't come out on pc but this one is with a beta starting next week on the 28th which I am looking forward too. the footage so far looks quite good for this game and a singleplayer trailer was just released. game comes out march your thoughts on this and who is getting it?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...field-bad/61088

Im going to buy it, i need to break away from the mw2 crowd full of angry illdiscliplined kids.

SO yes definately.

demo up on xbox live if you have gold and it's also coming to the ps3 next week in europe and a week later in north america. the pc beta went live today too but you have to pre-order or find a key off a site.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...nd-pc-beta.aspx
Stockholm, Sweden - January 28, 2010 - DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that first-person shooter fans will get early access to the best-in-class online war experience in Battlefield: Bad CompanyTM 2. Players can now download a free* console demo worldwide on Xbox LIVETM Marketplace. A PC beta would also be available to players that pre-order** the game at participating retailers in North America, Europe and Asia, and through select community channels at 6pm CET today. On February 4th, the demo will be accessible on the PlayStation®Network in Europe and on February 11th in North America

Just played 30mins or so of the demo and i'm not overly impressed,
Might just be that it was pretty laggy, but it wasn't amazing, a fun game, good promotion/unlockable items system (similar to COD), but i think the demo'll be enough for me,
I prefer Battlefield 1943, which only cost like a tenner

Battlefield 1943 was great. Especially for ten nicker. Nobody plays it now though hardly.

Im playing BFBC2 now. love it, cant get enough. Even my Mrs is playing it!

Just wish the online setup for PS3 was a bit better, but it is free i guess so....

Nice video. actually I never play this game and I show its video first time and I really like it. its graphics was amazing and good sound effect. and after seen this video I need to buy this game.

Nice video. actually I never play this game and I show its video first time and I really like it. its graphics was amazing and good sound effect. and after seen this video I need to buy this game.

Do it! you will not regret losing your social life

any xbox 360 players out there? my gamertag is: allblack al

just got this game 2 days ago.

(sorry for the thread bump :D)

Just seen that there's an expansion pack coming out for this on the 21st (18th for PC) - "BF: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam"
Reckon I'll pick it up as I loved the online for this, but got bored of the maps after a while,
This has:
4 new maps (with a fifth being unlocked after 69,000,000 team actions have been performed (i.e heal, revive, resupply etc.)
6 new vehicles,
15 new weapons
New voice tracks for Americans/Vietnemese
49 in game radio tracks

This video got me interested: Everyone loves a flamethrower! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started playing this again on pc and the new maps that came in the latest patch are pretty cool. a lot bigger and brings back some memories of bf 2. oasis is awesome probably my new favourite map. Vietnam does look pretty sweet especially the recent video makes it very tempting to pick up.

I'll be all over this when it comes out. BC2 is the best shooter out there for mine.

I had Bad Company 2. Sold it on again the following day.

Online play is unmatched. The best on any game out there.

Online play is unmatched. The best on any game out there.

Agree completely,
The only game that comes close, imo, is Medal of Honour, but that was just BC2 but set in the "real world" (maps modeled after helmand etc. all kit the stuff used by US special forces)

I didn't realise I bought the "VIP" edition when I got it, so I just booted it up for the first time in ages, and it downloaded a ton of map packs for free (7 to be precise)
I also handed in my last piece of work this morning, and lectures finished today as well - I know what I'm doing until I go home next week :lol:

After playing this for about 6 hours this afternoon I've come to the conclusions that:
a) It's better than I remember
b) I'm a terrible sniper

Been trying to level up my sniper, but I'm just terrible at it, I'm too slow at aiming. If i find someone camping that's fine, but I can't get people running around and the such, I end up just going after people with my pistol instead

Latest posts