• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BBC SPORT -O'Driscoll issues Lions warning

It's going to be a very different team from 2005 so i'm not sure what lessons would mean anything.

they might have to learn lessons but should he be in the squad? hes been garbage for 4 years

they might have to learn lessons but should he be in the squad? hes been garbage for 4 years
[/b]

Exactly. It's as if he thinks he's a shoe in, where he's really just an average player these days who produces the odd bit of good play.

I totally agree, especially considering the wealth of talent available to the Lions coaches. Sure its not as if he does anything. Defensively he's shite, at the breakdown he's shite, with ball in hand he's shite. In fact, if you look at it, hes really done f*** all over his career. Over hyped, over paid and over here.

Its time to look to the future, its time for ....................... eh ......................... erm .................... Tindell! ............... hmmmm maybe Webster? These two should obviously be included in the squad well before O'Driscoll.

This forum cracks me up sometimes. Some seriously funny comments.

O'Driscoll is a great player, but I have to say I do agree that he's not been as impressive the last couple seasons as in the past... he just doesn't seem to have that same X factor anymore, and while he's still mostly solid, he's not often spectacular anymore.

I totally agree, especially considering the wealth of talent available to the Lions coaches. Sure its not as if he does anything. Defensively he's shite, at the breakdown he's shite, with ball in hand he's shite. In fact, if you look at it, hes really done f*** all over his career. Over hyped, over paid and over here.

Its time to look to the future, its time for ....................... eh ......................... erm .................... Tindell! ............... hmmmm maybe Webster? These two should obviously be included in the squad well before O'Driscoll.

This forum cracks me up sometimes. Some seriously funny comments.
[/b]
Do you think he's done anything in the last 2 years that warrants his selection for the Lions?

He has shown bits of class such as his try against Wales in last years 6N and setting up Kearney's try against Scotland this year but not much else. Has been frequently injured so he should get a long summer break. Next season will be a huge one for him.

Let's hope so !

I think lessons have still being learned with the choice of McGeeghan as Lions headcoach.
It'll change of Sir Clive's awfull management of the 2005 tour...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 28 2008, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jun 27 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This forum cracks me up sometimes. Some seriously funny comments.[/b]
Do you think he's done anything in the last 2 years that warrants his selection for the Lions?
[/b][/quote]

That's exactly what i was thinking.
He hasn't even shone at club level. The man used to be great, no question about it, but like Cyril said, Logorrhea, what's he done in the last 2 years to earn himself a seat in the lions squad?
I hope he steps up his game again becuase with his experience and leadership he would be invaluable to the squad, but if he doesn't display some form in the autumn internationals or 6 nations then the only use he would be is as a waterboy giving out words of encouragement and advice.

hmmm,

lessons learnt from the 2005 tour, and the 2001 tour:

pick on form (surely the most bleedingly obvious, yet most ignored coaching rule)
don't take pre-injured players
you've got players from different countries, you need to do basic drills together (yes you effing do, Austin Healey) for the squad to gel
you need a coach, not a manager
make players fight for their positions, not have a pre-chosen test team and dirt trackers

Latest posts