• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Not in a boxing ring...but I would honestly back myself with how slender he is if it came to elbows , knees grappling ...you know ... fighting

Ha, yeah true, I still would make sure I had a good escape route I would not fancey taking one on the chin from him
biggrin.gif

Is the BBC one done by public vote or am I thinking of something else? I hope Darren Clarke gets it because then he will get a double for the Ireland (Hasn't won it yet but is very liked in Ireland and his achievement this year was huge) and BBC one.

Another BBC sports programme that's been following Question of Sport straight down the plug hole for years. Won't be watching.

Weakest list in forever. Plenty of better quality candidates could have been included.

I'd like to see KJT win - she actually won something big this year which is more than most of the others did and there's a good back story about overcoming injury, beating a strong favourite etc. But for reasons that escape me Earps is an overwhelming favourite.

Hardly inspiring contenders this year for the main prize.

A horrendous shortlist. There is so much political correctness and diversity box ticking in play these days. I read that Mary Earps is the favourite. Really? What Jude Bellingham has done in his first season at Real Madrid and with England is head and shoulders above what Earps has done this year. It's not even about 'personality' and never has been. They should have changed the ***le years ago.

Another BBC sports programme that's been following Question of Sport straight down the plug hole for years. Won't be watching.
I agree, I haven't watched it for so long that I don't really remember why I gave up. Back when I enjoyed it, I remember it as pretty much a review of the year show, which put sport front and centre. This is something I've been advocating in the thread that mentioned QoS's demise first. I think the rise in popularity of reality TV has ruined a lot of sports coverage.

I agree, I haven't watched it for so long that I don't really remember why I gave up. Back when I enjoyed it, I remember it as pretty much a review of the year show, which put sport front and centre. This is something I've been advocating in the thread that mentioned QoS's demise first. I think the rise in popularity of reality TV has ruined a lot of sports coverage.
Not sure about rise in popularity Big Brother season one was in 2000. God i feel old. It's cheap and easy programme making, and when Sky bought all the football, England rugby and Cricket rights it pretty much killed sport on free to air tv.

Latest posts