• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Beer

Stella: 5.2% and made in the Whitbread-Inbev brewery near Preston.

Heineken: 5% and exported in from Holland.

Both are pissy lagers and for girls and people who can't handle real ale.

Like you!
[/b]
I drink stella from time to time and you have admitted to drinking both. Read back on this thread to see what I drink and if I wannabe a big girl now and again I will be. More wifebeater bartender!

Hey - I'll drink anything!

My favourite drinks each have different situations demanding of them; a summer's day in a beer garden requires a fat-neck bottle of Magners on ice; an autumn night by the fire needs some flavoursome ales like Coniston Bluebird, London Pride, Abbots Ale and Wells Banana Bread Beer; grilled lamb on the BBQ goes nicely with Efes Turkish lager; all-day drinking watching the 6 Nations requires some ****-weak lager or bitter like Carlsberg, Tetleys or Fosters; limbering up for a night on the pop involves a few pints of Turbo Shandy; a couple of cocktails before a meal etc etc

It's all good for the pot!

Hey - I'll drink anything!

My favourite drinks each have different situations demanding of them; a summer's day in a beer garden requires a fat-neck bottle of Magners on ice; an autumn night by the fire needs some flavoursome ales like Coniston Bluebird, London Pride, Abbots Ale and Wells Banana Bread Beer; grilled lamb on the BBQ goes nicely with Efes Turkish lager; all-day drinking watching the 6 Nations requires some ****-weak lager or bitter like Carlsberg, Tetleys or Fosters; limbering up for a night on the pop involves a few pints of Turbo Shandy; a couple of cocktails before a meal etc etc

It's all good for the pot!
[/b]
Chill mate our tastes are very similar.

<div class='quotemain'>
If I were to choose one beer to live with for the rest of my life it would be Speights. Easily.
I love to drink it when I'm smashed, after a hard day's slog or when I feel like a nice quality drop. Definitely a great, great beer.
[/b]
I second that motion.

All the non-believers deserve to be shot. [/b][/quote]

Speights is Horse ****.

Export Gold is the best non-****** beer out there, preety much all I drink apart from that new Tui 5 stuff (not normally a Tui drinker, but it's cheap when you buy it in the jugful)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
If I were to choose one beer to live with for the rest of my life it would be Speights. Easily.
I love to drink it when I'm smashed, after a hard day's slog or when I feel like a nice quality drop. Definitely a great, great beer.
[/b]
I second that motion.

All the non-believers deserve to be shot. [/b][/quote]

Speights is Horse ****.

Export Gold is the best non-****** beer out there, preety much all I drink apart from that new Tui 5 stuff (not normally a Tui drinker, but it's cheap when you buy it in the jugful)
[/b][/quote]

LOL, Export Gold is the ultimate wankers drink. No wonder it's only drunk in Auckland.

I'd rather drink Ranfurly or Tasman than Export not only because they taste better, but to also avoid having the crap beaten outta me.

yeah i would have to say that export is one of the worst, over-rated beers ive ever drank. it just tastes like nothing. its garbage. its weak tasting, and bland. tui 5 is also awful. im sure its the dreads of tui. im sure of it.

The only Australian beer I've found interesting was Victoria Bitter, but only about the same depth as John Smiths or Tetleys.

America has some good brews like Anchor Steam Beer

Guinness all the way, even though it is stout, not really pils. Oh, and Murphy's.

The only Australian beer I've found interesting was Victoria Bitter[/b]
Oh dear god, please don't tell me that.

VB is shocking! Vomit Bombs!

Tell me...what other "Australian" beers have you tried? :)

[/b]
But the thing his he mentions Tetleys, that must be the most horrid beer next to VB, so I suppose he just likes punishment?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
But the thing his he mentions Tetleys, that must be the most horrid beer next to VB, so I suppose he just likes punishment? [/b][/quote]
Quite true.

Just aslong as we aren't attributed to the embarassment that is Fosters.

All the other Australian beers I've seen have been non-descript lagers. Do you have any ales, stouts, porters or anything with taste?

All the other Australian beers I've seen have been non-descript lagers. Do you have any ales, stouts, porters or anything with taste?
[/b]
Alot of our good beers are boutique so you wouldn't get it up your way, I mean, Fosters you get despite the fact we hardly get it ourselves. :D

Little Creatures Pale Ale is probably one to try, very original..

Boutique?

In England that means 'gay'!

But I think I know what you mean - craft, small-term brewers? Shame we don't get some of those beers over here, I'd like to try them. We have your bloody TimTams, Anzac biscuits and Vegemite in our shops...

Cool, glad to see that Australia's not all 'ice cold lager' land. Might emigrate there then...

175px-Newcastle_brown_ale_f.jpg

Newkey Brown!!!!!!!!11

Latest posts