which is the best backrow

• Total voters

superrprop

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Just wondering who you guys think has the best backrow unit. Guessing most will say new zealand but I'm too patriotic.

Last edited:
Ireland has a clear advantage in the poll as they have 5 backrowers - I'm sure the IRB would have something to say if they fielded a 17man team every match

Familiar with life in general...everything goes off in one whopper tangent

Not another one of these poll type threads ... :(

Why not South Africa?

6.Burger/Brussouw
7.Juan Smith/Alberts
8.Pierre Spies/Willem Alberts

In my opinion that is an awesome group of loose forwards; big and fast, then Brussouw to balance it with his great fetching skills.

Would not expect anything less from a New Zealander...Always thought Richie steals/spoils ball illegally; even a interview i saw two weeks back by a new zealander he questioned weather Richie is off side all the time...Ha Ha. Who cares about a spoiler of good ball; i care about huge ball carrying loose forwards and a fetcher in Brussouw that actually steals ball whilst on his feet with at least 2 guys trying to clear him...he is a true fetcher, does it to the book.

Oh wait hang on......

.......... nup. Still don't care. McCaw is a genius. You play the game by what you can get any with - it's not Richie's problem Brussouw's too thick to figure that out.

Last edited:
Brussouw has to do it to the book...Refs always blow the South Africans harder than anyone else. No one can deny Refs are biased against South Africans at inetrnational level since the Lions tour. So many "Baby" yellow cards; it was as if the rugby refs were substituted for Football ones.

Brussouw has to do it to the book...Refs always blow the South Africans harder than anyone else. No one can deny Refs are biased against South Africans at inetrnational level since the Lions tour. So many "Baby" yellow cards; it was as if the rugby refs were substituted for Football ones.

Most people would say it's about bloody time.

As for Brussouw not being anywhere near the level of McCaw? Meh, cry me a river.

Someone mentioned Mccaw/SA/referees..........

AwHereItGoesKenanAndKel.gif

Would not expect anything less from a New Zealander...Always thought Richie steals/spoils ball illegally; even a interview i saw two weeks back by a new zealander he questioned weather Richie is off side all the time...Ha Ha. Who cares about a spoiler of good ball; i care about huge ball carrying loose forwards and a fetcher in Brussouw that actually steals ball whilst on his feet with at least 2 guys trying to clear him...he is a true fetcher, does it to the book.

To summarize...
3.JPG