Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
just to make Big Ewis happy so. here is mine

6.) Nyanga
7.) Dusautoir
8.) Picamoles

20.) Le Roux

well you make me look like a little piece of shiit now though crying for his little prize ! XD

uhmm....nice, but I want Burban somewhere in there though...

well you make me look like a little piece of shiit now though crying for his little prize ! XD

uhmm....nice, but I want Burban somewhere in there though...
i do rate Burban quite a bit, i saw his debut for france and i was impressed.

i do rate Burban quite a bit, i saw his debut for france and i was impressed.

you should see what he's been doing in Paris.

6.Chouly
7.Dusautoir
8.Picamoles

20.Burban/Nyanga

Chouly as a 6 ?...mmm, why not. There really isn't a typical French back row, it all depends on who we're facing. Chouly is a utility guy so he serves a purpose against anyone, and Picamoles' strength helps in any match. But then, Burban is a big tackler/carrier, Nyanga is the lighter more athletic kind, Lauret a brilliant tackler and good fetcher but lacks power, Lapandry has proven a fine warrior, Dusautoir is iconic but his form must be assessed...then you've got Le Roux, he brings a Saffa style with lots of power, good in the rucks and with tackles...

Chouly as a 6 ?...mmm, why not. There really isn't a typical French back row, it all depends on who we're facing. Chouly is a utility guy so he serves a purpose against anyone, and Picamoles' strength helps in any match. But then, Burban is a big tackler/carrier, Nyanga is the lighter more athletic kind, Lauret a brilliant tackler and good fetcher but lacks power, Lapandry has proven a fine warrior, Dusautoir is iconic but his form must be assessed...then you've got Le Roux, he brings a Saffa style with lots of power, good in the rucks and with tackles...
Well i had the thought that Chouly and Dus would go round hitting everything that moves, leaves Picamoles to run and hurt people. Nyanga was incredible when he was in the 6 nations( when fit) but i think he would serve more threat off the bench, Burban is a scary mother ****er and he would keep up the intensity for either 8 or 6.

Burban is a workhorse and never gives up on a play, ever. I'd say it's too bad we haven't seen much more of him in Bleus, but tbh, it's not the individual quality that lacks in those French squads, obviously it's the collective binding...
Yes, I'm very glad Nyanga exploded the way he did for everybody to see in the context of a "crunch" FRA ENG Six Nations game. There's no doubt that the Toulouse third row, Nyanga-Dusau-Picamoles, when fully fit and motivated is potentially one of the most dangerous ones in the world, and it's not all MASS. I'm afraid our current generation will have gone to waste entirely. From our current era (Picamoles, Machenaud, Fofana, Bastareaud, Chouly...under PSA), we'll have only dominated properly once, 2012 from Arg Test 2 til the end of the year, those 4 tests. A shame, given the names on the sheets.

Latest posts