• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best current six nations XV..

agreed stormer about the English and picking Tuilagi at 13. They're making it more complicated than it really is. Because they're so close from the "issue", they're a bit like fish in a bowl, but for an outsider watching what he does and then looking at all those other centers Eng's tried out, there's no hesitation whatsoever. Mass, guys. Rugby's as simple as that sometimes and there just is no substitute for thighs the size of the largest tree in my garden each. Can't get tired of saying this. Plus, in the context of this thread, just imagine Fofana+Tuilagi on a team that knows how to use them. Devastation almighty. Dwelling in that instance, replace Fofana's partner with any of Twelvetrees, Eastmond, Barrett, Burrell, whoever else from England. No way would those qualities be even remotely close to the power and constant going-forwardness of Tuilagi, the pace and monster tackles in his Pacific Islander style.

I believe right now 12.Fofana 13.Tuilagi would be the single deadliest midfield pair in the world.

Props to Tigsman for picking Kayser. The guy is big for a hooker, mature and is one of the rare guys in the French xv who's got a bit of leadership. He's textbook good with his throws and hooker duties and a consistent force. Not picking him at all in my xv because we just haven't seen much of him recently.

But sorry, no way Trimble gets a starting role on this XV, not over Guitoune, North or some of those other guys. Scotland alone has a bunch of serious wingers.

Sorry but there's no way at all that Guioune is even in the conversation. How many caps does he even have? Less than 5 anyway as far as I can remember, way to early to even think about him given some of the wingers out there. I'm amazed that only one team has Bowe in it. Trimble might not be flashy but he won IRUPA player of the year as well as being shortlisted for 6N player of the tournament for good reason.

I understand what you're saying and you're probably right, but based on raw ability rather than accolades/experience, Guitoune is just outstanding, as in, very few backs in the world are on his level and can stay with him. He "stinks Rugby".
My NH team, I'm taking the risk and putting Guitoune on one wing. I'm gambling on his raw ability to just explode on the pitch. He led the Top 14 in tries scored with 9 then got injured. The record stood months after the injury and still features at the top, in a league with an insane amount of world class wingers, although he played like half the season; and Perpignan really didn't utilize him all that well, he went to get those scores himself. He's that good.

It's so, so sad he's playing under P.S.A. and Lagisquet right now...he's just 25, so hopefully he'll be utilized well for France eventually under a new staff.

1. Corbs - When he's fit, he is the most likely of the lot to pick out an oppo TH and take him back to the changing room for a prison drama, and still does plenty of work in the loose. So he's in.
2. Best - Far better than the likes of Fatrick Swayze, Angry Dylan, Won't Throw Tom and the other tools that people are picking. Scientific fact.
3. Cittadini - I like what I see, which is rare in the 3 shirt atm
4. AWJ - Relentlessly physical and hard working. Will probably never truly get the plaudits he deserves.
5. Toner - I feel dirty for saying this, but he's been in great form, and has certain special advantages in the lineout.
6. Thierry - No I can't spell his last name. No I'm not looking three up the thread to find it. He's like Robshaw plus.
7. SOB - Next.
8. Parisse - Next.

9. Murray - Probably the most consistent and dead on guy at the simple duties of being a 9 around
10. Sexton - Next
11. Bowe - Has hit an injury run but is otherwise as consistent and canny as they come
12. Twelvetrees - Fofana is an out and out better player but I wanted a distributor and struggled to think of better than Twelvetrees, which is mildly worrying. I nearly put Olding...
13. Tuilagi - Ewis and Stormer are right here.
14. North - Maybe a touch off form but has that something special
15. Dulin - Somewhat put off by Brown's Summer Tour

16. Ghiraldini - Yeah. YEAH.
17. Healy - Unlucky not to be in the starting team, but needs to collect more prison wives
18. Wilson - Has been doing well
19. Launchbury - Couldn't not pick him. So very influential when at his peak.
20. Henry - Covers the whole back row by covering O'Brien
21. Parra - Classy wee gobber.
22. Biggar - Tbh, not very happy about having to pick any of them...
23. McLean - Covers wing and full-back and I believe he's shown enough to show he could be very good in a better team

How did O'Brien not start for the Lions until the last test? 7/8 teams on here he is the starting 7.

How did O'Brien not start for the Lions until the last test? 7/8 teams on here he is the starting 7.

Gatland stuck by his boys Warbuton and Lydiate. From memory most though that Tuparic and SOB were the inform flankers on the tour.

23. McLean - Covers wing and full-back and I believe he's shown enough to show he could be very good in a better team

No intention of this coming across badly, but I highly suspect you missed Italy's June tour with both these selections. Cittadini was going backwards at a rate of knots against both Samoa and Japan at scrum time whilst lacking the ball carrying game of Castro to make amends. McLean was part of 3 utterly inept Italian backline performances, not all his fault of course but he didn't particularly offer much and was contributing to a large unforced error count their backs were making, Venditti was the only back to come out of that tour with any credit intact. Considering the full back is pretty good in Europe, there are a dozen better options who offer more tbh.

Gatland stuck by his boys Warbuton and Lydiate. From memory most though that Tuparic and SOB were the inform flankers on the tour.

Warburton was pretty magnificent in that 2nd test before he went off though.

No intention of this coming across badly, but I highly suspect you missed Italy's June tour with both these selections. Cittadini was going backwards at a rate of knots against both Samoa and Japan at scrum time whilst lacking the ball carrying game of Castro to make amends. McLean was part of 3 utterly inept Italian backline performances, not all his fault of course but he didn't particularly offer much and was contributing to a large unforced error count their backs were making, Venditti was the only back to come out of that tour with any credit intact. Considering the full back is pretty good in Europe, there are a dozen better options who offer more tbh.

You're right that I missed them but... eh. It's not unknown for teams to not really care too much on those tours. Cittadini's been pretty impressive last 2 6Ns, so I'm keeping him.

And full-back/wings are somewhat rarer, which is what McLean offers, but I did somehow manage to forget Halfpenny who I'd probably include ahead of him, yeah...

I agree on Cittidini Peat. He converted me to fanboy status after the last two 6N, and I don't think a single tour against Japan vs 10 games in the 6N is indicative of any permanent decline.

My team would be:

Healy
Kayser
Cittidini
Lawes
AWJ
Robshaw
O'Brien
Parisse
Care
Sexton
North
Fofana
Tuilagi
Seymour - difficult, but most potential
Brown

5. Toner - I feel dirty for saying this, but he's been in great form, and has certain special advantages in the lineout.

maxresdefault.jpg

You're right that I missed them but... eh. It's not unknown for teams to not really care too much on those tours. Cittadini's been pretty impressive last 2 6Ns, so I'm keeping him.

None of the other tightheads were getting shunted back like 10 metres against Japan (http://gfycat.com/ComfortableElaborateGroundhog), similar thing happened against Samoa up against Mulipola. I agree he has done quite well last couple of years (albeit usually as a bench prop), but it's hard to put him forward as the best in the 6N in light of his most recent games. I doubt Ross, Cole, Lee, Wilson, Castro, Adam, Slimani would not just struggle, but struggle in such a manner that they've also gone backwards 10 metres.

1.Healy
2.Hartley
3.Ross
4.Lanuchburry
5.POC
6.Wood
7.SOB
8. Parrisse
9.Care
10.Sexton
11.North
12.Fofana
13.Tuilangi
14.Huget
15.Brown
15.Brown

16.Best
17.Marler
18.A.Jones
19.Toner
20.Vunipola
21.Muarry
22.Farrell
23.Medard

Not really on form just quality + still playing.
can i just point out he's injured atm

1. Corbs - When he's fit, he is the most likely of the lot to pick out an oppo TH and take him back to the changing room for a prison drama, and still does plenty of work in the loose. So he's in.
2. Best - Far better than the likes of Fatrick Swayze, Angry Dylan, Won't Throw Tom and the other tools that people are picking. Scientific fact.
4. AWJ - Relentlessly physical and hard working. Will probably never truly get the plaudits he deserves.
6. Thierry - No I can't spell his last name. No I'm not looking three up the thread to find it. He's like Robshaw plus.
7. SOB - Next.
8. Parisse - Next.

9. Murray - Probably the most consistent and dead on guy at the simple duties of being a 9 around
10. Sexton - Next
11. Bowe - Has hit an injury run but is otherwise as consistent and canny as they come
12. Twelvetrees - Fofana is an out and out better player but I wanted a distributor and struggled to think of better than Twelvetrees, which is mildly worrying. I nearly put Olding...
13. Tuilagi - Ewis and Stormer are right here.
14. North - Maybe a touch off form but has that something special
15. Dulin - Somewhat put off by Brown's Summer Tour

16. Ghiraldini - Yeah. YEAH.
17. Healy - Unlucky not to be in the starting team, but needs to collect more prison wives
18. Wilson - Has been doing well
19. Launchbury - Couldn't not pick him. So very influential when at his peak.
20. Henry - Covers the whole back row by covering O'Brien
21. Parra - Classy wee gobber.
22. Biggar - Tbh, not very happy about having to pick any of them...
are you sure ? so could hogg ?

Latest posts