• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best EVER Present

H

Hazey

Hey all,

Having just received a Boston Red Sox shirt this morning as a present from my mum, and being someone who loves the whole idea of buying and giving someone a present, whether it be a birthday, Christmas or just for the hell of it, I was wondering, what is the best ever present you have received, or bought for someone?

Best gift I've bought for someone: As a total surprise, I bought one of my best friends a South African rugby shirt (he moved over a couple of years ago) and had his name and his age (mwuahaha :D) put on the back! He was absolutely chuffed, couldn't believe I had got it for him. Either that, or buying Aerosmith tickets for my girlfriend last month...

Best gift I've received: This one's more tricky... as a kid, maybe a really expensive remote control car which my mum and I spent about 3 days trying to assemble!

Thanks,

Hazey

It's really hard to think of this, but it's too good a topic to let it just go without an answer.

Best gift I ever gave someone, a cape. Sounds strange, but she wanted one, so I bought cloth, pattern, hurt myself a few times using the sewing machine, and gave her a cape that matches perfectly. I was just very happy that she liked it, since I had put so much effotr in it.

Same with a purse I gave a friend of mine a bit back, although that had many mistakes init, because I didn't use a pattern and had to improvise halfway through. So the cape wins it from the purse.

Best gift I ever received is hard. Miost expensive was from my parents when I got 18, driving lessons, so I could get a licence. That was probably also the most useful one.

Can't think of the best gift when it comes to emotional value, I received too many great gifts (like a rose for no good reason, a pair of socks for no good reason, ... best gifts are the ones for no good reason, sicne they take you more by surprise :p)

my parents completely suprised me last birthday with a PSP...awesome gift. Sadly it was stolen.
I've given some great gifts...but that's all in the past.

Best gift I ever gave someone, a cape. Sounds strange, but she wanted one, so I bought cloth, pattern, hurt myself a few times using the sewing machine, and gave her a cape that matches perfectly. I was just very happy that she liked it, since I had put so much effotr in it.[/b]
Can you introduce me to Superwoman? :p

It is a harder thing to think about then I realised when I created the topic, I mainly did it on the back of giving a present, and didn't realise until I was trying to write it that thinking of the best present you have actually received is very difficult...

It's not that sort of cape :p

I think I used the wrong word here, believe 'cloak' would be more appropriate :p

It is indeed very hard to think of it, since you have to distinguish between different awesome gifts

Or like Madness once said, one step beyond.

I find it pretty hard to believe people have never gotten an amazing gift in their lives.

When I was seven I got a tackle bag, which I think is the present I was most excited about at the time.

by miles the V100 cricket bat under the xmas tree in 1993

when i saw that i started crying

since that day......i have subscribed to kingsgrove catalogue, and have loved cricket ever since.

hmm best pressie that i have got? um.. honeslty i have had some great ones.

probably the one i loved the most was my sega mega drive with NBA Live 95 on it. I loved that game, and that game ended up sending me to aussie when i was 15 since i won the blockbuster tornament over here. that was awesome, and seeing that mum bought me it i took her over with me (since i wasnt old enough to go by myself)

best i have given? i gave my sister a lord of the rings ring, that would have to be the most expensive one i have given. Given mum and dad some nice stuff in the past, mainly dragon/bird ornaments that are hand made or something, they look cool and thats what mum and dad are into.

or buying my girlfriend random jewlery when i feel/can afford it. just for the hell of it.

Best present i have given myself (for various reasons) a projector, 42 inch tv and a home theatre system :)

The best present I ever received was my Dell 24" Widescreen LCD monitor.

The best present I ever gave was the engagement ring I worked my ass off to be able to afford. Nothing was more satisfying.

Let me think, the nest present I have received has to be my first guitar on my 16th Birthday.

It wasn't a brilliant guitar, but it was my first which is now sitting in my mates room as part of a trade.

I guess the best gifts/most expensive it probably for my fiancee...which was a big bottle of Britney Spears Curious perfume, cost me over £30!

I couldn't believe it :p

Good to see how a dad-to-be doesn't consider his unborn child to be his best gift ever.
Who says this world's falling apart?

My Bday pressie this year was a ticket to Melbourne to watch the Bledisloe cup, my first rugby game in a stadium other then Subi, which is absolutely shithouse. (Hate you AFL) Anyway, I watched the game, partied like crazy, I have only been to New Zealand (heaps of times) so going to a city larger then Perth you can actually see some of the fun stuff around the place...I NEARLY teared up when I got it but, you know...my Chabalistic instincts kicked in and I drop kicked the present givers...

Latest posts