• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Movies of 06

Brokeback Mountain..................?

I have nothing of value to add to this topic.

Do you have to be gay to watch a film that has gay people in it?
I'm watching The Hills Have Eyes tomorrow ... what will happen to me then! :p

pride and prejudice, i thought it was good :) i like kiera knightly maybe that was the only good bit i cant remember

also liked the island

Jarhead was good for me, but i love war related stuff. Such as Black Hawk Down and Over There.

I would also recommend Final Destination 3, no oscar winner but it gets the mind working overload.

Flightplan was a bit meh, spose it was alright

BM

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 15 2006, 07:28 AM
pride and prejudice,
Have you seen the indian version?...i didnt watch the whole movie, just watched 1 hour..

indian films should get the "best comedy" award, its f***en funny!!

they dont know how to act...and they always have to dance and sing..ow and the violence has gotta make you cry...ahhhhhh..

My favourite movie this year so far would probably be Wallace & Gromit....

okay........ that makes you a - wait for it.................

A plasticine model that can't talk properly, loves cheese and has shrek like ears.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 17 2006, 05:16 AM
okay........ that makes you a - wait for it.................

A plasticine model that can't talk properly, loves cheese and has shrek like ears.
And is gay :p

Yes, definately and wasn't that a 2005 movie anyway?

I liked Harry Potter 4 a lot - I saw it in 06, not 05. I mainly liked it because Mrs. E. Watson was in it!

I just watched Kong & its got to be the worst film of 06 so far!

I can't believe people reviewed it 12/10, Its too far fetched. I stopped watching it just after Kong first appeared. I just couldn't handle it. The only positive about the film is the special effects, that's it.......ohh Kong dies at the end, aparently

I rate it 2/10. Stay well clear, unless your 10 yrs old.

kong is a beautiful metaphore on how humans victimise things that is different. It shows how large majorities prejudice minorities. it is a very clever written film and the idea of kong inspired so many films in hollywood.

Wasn't Kong originally meant to be a metaphor for the African Slave, how we invaded brought them back, then used and paraded them. Although this is now less publicly stated for peter jackson as it is Un - PC.

BM

It's the main human characters are invincible or invisible to death that ****** me off about Kong. Its so frustrating/embarrassing to watch.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Apr 16 2006, 05:44 AM
ohh Kong dies at the end, aparently
Thanks i was just about to watch it tonight :cheers:

I recommend "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", good movie

For me The Worlds fastest indian has been the best thing i've seen all year, but then I'm an ol' prick so the pace of the movie suited me... Anthony Hopkins puts in a pretty good effort at being a South Islander from NZ.

Oh and Walk the Line... just remember pups never NEVER f&*K with Johnny Cash.

Latest posts