8 Easter
9 Care
10 Wilkinson
11 Volcano
12 Flood
13 Tindall
14 Strettle
15 Cipriani

I would then let a few Celts go as Dirtrackers and have the Scots as ballboys. :D
[/b]

stop. you are making a dick of yourself.
[/b][/quote]

OK, OK.....Let the Scots be promoted to Waterboys. :D

I agree with Sir Speedy

1) Sheridan
2) Szarzeski (sp?)
3) Vickery
4) Doncha O'Callahan
5) Alun WJ
6) Denis Leamy
7) Martyn Williams
8) Ryan Jones
9) Dwayne Peel / Reddan
10) Stephen Jones / Hook / O'Gara
11) Shane
12) Henson
13) O'Driscoll
14) Rory / Sean Lamont
15) Lee Byrne

I agree with Sir Speedy

1) Sheridan
2) Szarzeski (sp?)
3) Vickery
4) Doncha O'Callahan
5) Alun WJ
6) Denis Leamy
7) Martyn Williams
8) Ryan Jones
9) Dwayne Peel / Reddan
11) Shane
12) Henson
13) O'Driscoll
14) Rory / Sean Lamont
15) Lee Byrne
[/b]
Then you'll agree that Szarseski is, in fact, not French? :blink:
Otherwise yeh, I'd say that's the ideal team with all players on form.

I can't quite see Hartley being 1st choice for Lions right now. He is still uncapped and playing in ND1 isn't he? I agree he looks an extremly good player, with phenomenal potential, but he needs to be tested at the highest level before i would even consider naming him as 1st choice hooker, although he could be a great choice to tour and then make him fight to see if he could get a test spot.

I can't quite see Hartley being 1st choice for Lions right now. He is still uncapped and playing in ND1 isn't he? I agree he looks an extremly good player, with phenomenal potential, but he needs to be tested at the highest level before i would even consider naming him as 1st choice hooker, although he could be a great choice to tour and then make him fight to see if he could get a test spot. [/b]

Many people have been capped for the Lions before they got capped for their respected countries one being Brynmor Williams so Hartley has every chance of touring

<div class='quotemain'> I can't quite see Hartley being 1st choice for Lions right now. He is still uncapped and playing in ND1 isn't he? I agree he looks an extremly good player, with phenomenal potential, but he needs to be tested at the highest level before i would even consider naming him as 1st choice hooker, although he could be a great choice to tour and then make him fight to see if he could get a test spot. [/b]

Many people have been capped for the Lions before they got capped for their respected countries one being Brynmor Williams so Hartley has every chance of touring
[/b][/quote]

Every chance of touring, but i think he won't be as awesome as people think, simply from not having played at the top level for so long. The gap from playing at premiership level to internationals is big at the best of times, but from ND1 to touring south africa is a step of Everest proportions. If the selectors are bold andtake a gamble on him, i think he will really have his work cut out to make the tests. Not saying he can't do it, just that he will have his work cut out to prove hmself for the midweek side first.

Anyone who saw the impact Hartley made when he came on for the Saxons against Ireland A will see that a year in NL1 hasn't dulled his skills in the slightest. I genuinely think that he has a chance of being England's number one hooker by next year's Six Nations, so I don't think touring with the Lions is out of the question.

1.Balshaw
2.Balshaw
3.Balshaw
4.Balshaw
5.Balshaw
6.Balshaw
7.Balshaw
8.Balshaw
9.Balshaw
10.Balshaw
11.Balshaw
12.Balshaw
13.Balshaw
14.Balshaw
15.Balshaw

I win.

I was actually taking the p iss as I believe any talk of playing staff for the Lions tour in Summer 2009 is a bit premature in Feb 2008. Anything can happen between now and then. And players like Hartley, even those players not known yet, will have plenty of opportunities to come to the fore.

I was actually taking the p iss as I believe any talk of playing staff for the Lions tour in Summer 2009 is a bit premature in Feb 2008. [/b]
Your right about the conjecture but you could have just not contributed to the thread then. Alternatively you could have just pretended that the thread was actually called "Please pick a team, comprising of players that qualify to play for either Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. This team should try to reflect current form either for club, or country."

We should probably put in a sub-note stating the French players do not qualify, and Szarzeski is French.

and also remind everyone that the team posted with Szarewski was Stuart Barnes' team of the week for the 6N stating that it only included 2 French so it was relevant to the thread.

Jesus were not THAT stuck for a hooker are we. And he doesnt qualify to play for the Lions anyway!

Anyone who saw the impact Hartley made when he came on for the Saxons against Ireland A will see that a year in NL1 hasn't dulled his skills in the slightest. I genuinely think that he has a chance of being England's number one hooker by next year's Six Nations, so I don't think touring with the Lions is out of the question. [/b]

I'd temper that with the fact that even Italy A are probably going to hump Ireland A. Heck, even the Barbados Rugby team would hump Ireland A right now with their form.

That said, only one way to find out...

HOOKER FIGHT!

Don't get me started on Ireland A, they have good players and probably should have beaten Scotland A but Bradley can't coach(Look at Connacht).

The Lions team I would pick is

1. Sheridan
2. Flannery
3. Stevens/Vickery
4. O'Callaghan
5. Hines
6. Haskell
7. Wallace
8. Jones
9. Reddan
10. O'Gara
11. Williams
12. Henson
13. O'Driscoll
14. Strettle
15. Byrne

No bias there at all MunsterMan? :huh:

Best possible would be:

1) Sheridan
2) Szarzeski (sp?)
3) Vickery
4) Doncha O'Callahan
5) Alun WJ
6) Denis Leamy
7) Martyn Williams
8) Ryan Jones
9) Dwayne Peel / Reddan
11) Shane
12) Henson
13) O'Driscoll
14) Rory / Sean Lamont
15) Lee Byrne

Also Prestwick, I didn't get to see that cat so I'm slightly disappointed. PM it to me, pronto.
[/b]

You seriously think Leamy is better than White? :huh:

well if we're asking that this team be picked on form then yes Leamy is better than White.

White is in such bad form at the moment he couldnt possibly be picked to tour. He looks very slow and off the pace. Maybe time for him to move to the 2nd row where I think he could be more effective with less competition also.

hi i'm new but i love this kind of "game", as i see during this 6n, the best lions XV is:

15 Byrne
14 Murphy
13 O' Driscoll
12 Henson
11 Lamont S.
10 Wilkinson
9 Peel
8 R. Jones
7 Moody- Haskell
6 White
5 Borthwick
4 O' Callagan
3 Jenkins
2 Jackman
1 Sheridan

You seriously think Leamy is better than White? :huh: [/b]
Yeah Whites one of my favourite players in rugby but at the moment he just looks way off the pace and off form.

Latest posts