• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best possible Lions squad.

Reading somewhere that England are willing to pull out of the Lions Tour for some wacky reason!

If so I hope they do dont come on tour, it shows then how much of a shambles England rugby is!

<div class='quotemain'>
O'Gara has been controlling games for Ireland, but he seems to lack a certain spark (he never had this). I'd prefer Hook as he adds options with the ball in hand. Parks hasn't been good, and Wilko hasn't convinced me much. Hines needs to learn discipline, but Borthwick only really stood out for England against Italy, while Hines has been a good performer for the Scots in nearly all their games. Sheridan has been a constant performer, and while he hasn't been great he always does his work properly, and the other options haven't performed much better than he has.[/b]

Hines a good performer in their recent games? All he's done is get himself in the bin and put Scotland on the ropes! He's doing exactly the same as Danny Grewcock did. He always had his apologists who said that he was fantastic in the short time he was on the field during his England games but his dicipline was so horrible that he was getting binned or at least hemoraging points for England every game! There are better people to pick at lock than Hines in the British Isles and I'd be up for putting Tom Croft in there instead.

Now if you want a Scottish player who has sweated blood so far, look for Gloucester number 8 Alasdair Strokosch. The guy had a really good introductory game and if he plays to that same high standard in the rest of his games in the Six Nations and if he continues his good form at club level he will be a contender for the Lions.[/b][/quote]

I guess you are right there, I kinda forgot about his discipline :lol:

Getting too many penalties/yellow cards is never a good thing. Croft would be exciting to have in the second row. Strokosch has played well, but the back row is one of the most contested parts of the team. He has been good, but good enough to oust R.Jones, M.Williams, J.Heaslip etc?

<div class='quotemain'> You seriously think Leamy is better than White? :huh: [/b]
Yeah Whites one of my favourite players in rugby but at the moment he just looks way off the pace and off form.
[/b][/quote]

Form is temporary,class in permanent. Surely having the biggest hitter in the Northern Hemisphere can only be a plus. He has been a bit off form to be fair, he hasnt been back for that long since his injury so give him a bit of time.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> You seriously think Leamy is better than White? :huh: [/b]
Yeah Whites one of my favourite players in rugby but at the moment he just looks way off the pace and off form.
[/b][/quote]

Form is temporary,class in permanent. Surely having the biggest hitter in the Northern Hemisphere can only be a plus. He has been a bit off form to be fair, he hasnt been back for that long since his injury so give him a bit of time. [/b][/quote]

So true. He is an awesome tackler, and an inspirational leader. He's off form, but surely will get back to form at some point. If he does, i think he would make an excellent Lions captain.

Reading somewhere that England are willing to pull out of the Lions Tour for some wacky reason!

If so I hope they do dont come on tour, it shows then how much of a shambles England rugby is! [/b]

Er...England don't want to pull out of anything.

What has really happened is that the Lions board have f***ed up the arrangements with the SARFU which means that the tour will start about a week or two before the Guinness Premiership final for that season.

It really shows how much of a shambles world rugby is if nobody in Lions HQ or South Africa can read a calendar properly!

<div class='quotemain'> Reading somewhere that England are willing to pull out of the Lions Tour for some wacky reason!

If so I hope they do dont come on tour, it shows then how much of a shambles England rugby is! [/b]

What has really happened is that the Lions board have f***ed up the arrangements with the SARFU which means that the tour will start about a week or two before the Guinness Premiership final for that season.

It really shows how much of a shambles world rugby is if nobody in Lions HQ or South Africa can read a calendar properly! [/b][/quote]

Not want Rob Andrews and the top blokes said from the RFU

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Reading somewhere that England are willing to pull out of the Lions Tour for some wacky reason!

It really shows how much of a shambles world rugby is if nobody in Lions HQ or South Africa can read a calendar properly! [/b][/quote]

Not want Rob Andrews and the top blokes said from the RFU
[/b][/quote]

which was what exactly?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Reading somewhere that England are willing to pull out of the Lions Tour for some wacky reason!

Not what Rob Andrews and the top blokes said from the RFU
[/b][/quote]

which was what exactly? [/b][/quote]

Both claim that if the Lions Tour does not change then they will not allow the selection of English players for the tour and therefore wont take part in future tours!

That simply isn't true I'm afraid and Rob Andrew hasn't said anything of the sort, if he has, his comments have not appeared on the bbc or the telegraph. For a start, even under the new agreement with the clubs, he has not got this kind of power to do this. In any case what business has Rob Andrew got sticking his nose into what is an argument between the lions and the english clubs?

The fact is that what has really happened is that the tour has been poorly planned without consulting the english clubs and a large chunk of the tour is due to fall over the last few weeks of the guinness premiership. The players have club commitments to fulfil first and foremost and in actuality, the blame for this lies with the unions, the RFU included.

Latest posts