• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Betsen calls time on France duty

and played in France's World Cup 2003 and 2007 semi-final defeats.

England won both those semi-finals

I especially like that bit :D

He was an absolutely marvelous tackler (best tackler of Six nations 2007). But still Dusautoire seems to be more than able to replace him.

a great ambassador to rugby throughout the years, with no fear or care for his body and something which any flanker can aspire to. a real pain the in ass for many international no.10s down the years. great timing for dusautoir and a more than capable replacement.

yes dusautoir is his successsor^^...I think that its good that the "old" players quit the french team to let the young players have the chance to confirm their good performances and to improve the french team

A great player and France will surely miss his presence. I saw Dusatoir in RWC and was very impressed but how does he compare to Yannick Nyanga, a player who I have also been impressed by.

Nyanga is dynamic and Betson was a grinding tough defensive player. I am a fan of both guys. Dussetoir I don't know

thanks for all betsen but Thierry dusautoir will be a great french player, and f.ouedraogo HAVE A GREAT TALENT, with nyanga, the french team have the" black power" :cheers:

Great player and above all great man
I think he's respected in the all rugby world, and it's quite deserved.

As every player, he can have physically ups and downs, but never saw this man leaving a stadium without having given 100% of him.
Sure he will be welcome by the Wasps

France do not need Betsen anymore. They have Thierry Dusautoir and Nyanga who are brilliant back rowers. But Serge Betsen has contributed to French rugby a huge amount.