• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

time for wayne pivac to go

ruck987

Academy Player
lost 12 out of 18 that is not good enough and no good saying a team in progress this is a team going backwards, Pivac must go he has had enough time No line out last week, no scrum this week, no cutting edge behind, our 9's continue to kick the leather off the ball

i think if wales have a crap six nations in 2022 wayne will be out

its time for wales to bring in scott robertson in 2022

and the next coaching team should be

head coach Scott Robertson
Assistant coach dai young
attack coach mark Jones
Scrum coach Adam Jones
Forward coach Jimmy Duffy
Defense coach Kevin sinfield

Harsh.

I'm of the opinion that a bit of fortune in last years 6 Nations masked how poor Wales really are but to look at it another way, who is Pivac not picking that he should be?

As far as I can see, he's aggressively tapping up anyone with a vague connection to Wales in effort to increase the player pool and is mostly picking the best players available to him.

If the raw material isn't really there, anyone coaching Wales is going to be limited and changing half way through a RWC rarely works out well.

and is mostly picking the best players available to him.
For most other top nations the Lions would of almost certainly of been Old Man Jones' last hurrah (possibly even the world cup) they'd have a young whipper snapper who'd be just as capable but have some speed about them. It really is a case of how bear the cupboard is post injury he hasn't even retired and that wasn't the end for him.

I think this is harsh but then it appeared he was half way out the door prior to last years six nations but obviously, and rightfully so, he kept his job after we won it.

I guess if we get pumped by Australia (even with a weaker team) and then we lose all 6N games bar Italy while putting in poor performances then I might be asking the question again but even then, sacking a manager a little over a year away from a WC isn't ideal. Having said that if Scott Robertson was available I don't think I'd be too objectionable. A big 6 months for him but I do think he's had a lot to deal with in terms of injuries and what not and he won us a 6N at the end of the day and even though even that left a bitter taste in my mouth as it should've been our 2nd GS in 3 years it's still a decent achievement. I don't mind finishing 4th next 6N but I was to see us building so decent phases of play in attack and some ******* offloads would be nice seeing as that was one of the things we were meant to be seeing more of.

Why would Scott Robertson want to go near Wales though
I mean, for all we know he might have no interest in coming to Wales at all but equally he might be very keen on the idea. Do you have any information on this or are you speaking more from a "Wales are **** and Robertson is too good for us" kind of way?

I was under the impression that Robertson is very keen to get into international management and I don't see why, if it was financially and personally (family etc) acceptable to him why he wouldn't at least give it some serious consideration to managing Wales.

I like to think he'd like the challenge. We've also had previous Kiwi players and coaches who speak about some similarities between NZ and Welsh culture with regards to rugby which is appealing to some of them.

Because I think he very much views NZ as the top job to have and don't really see how coaching Wales would help him with that.

Because I think he very much views NZ as the top job to have and don't really see how coaching Wales would help him with that.
Oh yeah for sure, but that goes without saying doesn't it.

This is all under the assumption that the NZ job isn't available, as it currently is.

If anything, as shown with Henry and Hansen, Wales is a good springboard onto coaching the All Blacks so I don't see why he would be put off by Wales if it looked like he wasn't going to get the NZ job. But yeah, if tje NZ job becomes available then there will be zero point in pursuing him. But, as it stands…..

The NZ job is about as available as the welsh job though......... reality is neither Foster or Pivac will be fired till after RWC

Henry wasn't even the fully Pro era and Hansen had 7 years as an NZ assistant coach before the head coach role not really a springboard.

The NZ job is about as available as the welsh job though......... reality is neither Foster or Pivac will be fired till after RWC

Henry wasn't even the fully Pro era and Hansen had 7 years as an NZ assistant coach before the head coach role not really a springboard.
Again, I agree, and you're more than likely right about neither getting sacked prior to the World Cup but I was talking in the context of the hypothetical scenario I mentioned earlier where we get pumped against Australia and bomb in the 6N and sack Pivac. Unlikely still but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I guess there's also the possibility that NZ win another WC and keep Foster on and we get knocked out of the group at the next WC and sack Pivac (which we most definitely would) and then approach Robertson.

I think it would be a decent springboard for him if it did happen as he would be able prove himself on the international stage with Wales and obviously he would ditch us at the drop of a hat as soon as NZ came knocking.

A few vultures are beginning to circulate for NZ too. I don't think Schmidt's timing to get involved with the Blues is an accident.
Yeah I could actually see him getting the chop before Pivac but as tigsman said above the likelihood is that both managers will be managing their sides at the WC. Obviously NZ will demand/expect to win and anything short of that will be deemed a failure, at which point you'd imagine he will go. I guess our objective has to be a final/win it as we've had 2 semis in the last 3 world cups now and have fallen agonisingly short on both those occasions in 2011 and 2019 but I guess you have to be realistic about these things.

Again, I agree, and you're more than likely right about neither getting sacked prior to the World Cup but I was talking in the context of the hypothetical scenario I mentioned earlier where we get pumped against Australia and bomb in the 6N and sack Pivac. Unlikely still but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I just don't see Robertson making a call on a international job before this World Cup, he's in prime position to be called up should Foster get the sack, and being in wales 2 years before a World Cup might hinder him.

I think there's more chance of him going to the top 14 than the Welsh job as things stand.

I also reckon Schmidt is targeting a assistant coach role for a new head coach imo.

I just don't see Robertson making a call on a international job before this World Cup, he's in prime position to be called up should Foster get the sack, and being in wales 2 years before a World Cup might hinder him.

I think there's more chance of him going to the top 14 than the Welsh job as things stand.

I also reckon Schmidt is targeting a assistant coach role for a new head coach imo.
What about after the WC if the ABs keep Foster and we get rid of Pivac? Or if he just gets word that Foster isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable and at the same time gets a call from the WRU. It's definitely possible but I agree with the general gist of what you're saying.

What about after the WC if the ABs keep Foster and we get rid of Pivac? Or if he just gets word that Foster isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable and at the same time gets a call from the WRU. It's definitely possible but I agree with the general gist of what you're saying.
Then England would likely be on the phone too offering more money, better facilities and a bigger and better playerbase. May be proved wrong but I don't see any scenario where he goes to Wales

Then England would likely be on the phone too offering more money, better facilities and a bigger and better playerbase. May be proved wrong but I don't see any scenario where he goes to Wales
Yeah, possible for sure, and I don't think we could compete with England. But I still think we'd be an attractive proposition that he would seriously consider if there weren't any other better international offers on the table

We should sack Pivac and go for Rassie Erasmus ….. that would make Wales really popular on all the threads here

Why would Scott Robertson want to go near Wales though
because he was told straight out he didn't get the AB job because he didn;t have international experience...and theyve just renewed Fozzie even thought he has been less the stellar, i think he would take it, a proven route to the AB job

You can forgive poor results as long as it seems that the team is building towards something. First AI was rough, I expected that, 6 nations they did get lucky with a number of decisions but the general play was a lot better, the team started to look like they were getting how privac wanted to play and had something to build on. Summer, a lot of people away, can't take to much from it but this AI it's like they are all new to the camp. It's strange, players often look like they don't know what to do or what they are meant to but they did seem to be getting there in the 6 nations? Privac get's another 6 nations for me, regardless but if it's like this AI questions really have to be asked.

Latest posts