Club or Nation
Leinster
Biarritz v Ospreys
Venue: Estadio Anoeta
Date: 10 April 2010
Kickoff - 16:00
Referee: George Clancy (IRFU)

Live Coverage: France2/Sky Sports 2/Sky Italia

Biarritz find themselves back in the knockout stages after a 3 year absence, while the Ospreys have flattered to deceive on their last 2 appearances in the quarter finals. Will it be third time lucky for Holley's charges or will Biarritz book another outing in San Sebastien in 3 weeks time?

It's the first meeting between the 2 sides so there's no previous form. Currently though Biarritz's form is patchy with 3 defeats and 2 wins in their last 5 outings, the Ospreys form is slightly better with the only defeat in the last 5 coming last weekend against the Dragons.

With the class they have in their side it's time for the Ospreys to deliver in a knockout European game. Still though I think Biarritz may just have enough to take this by a score.

My heart sank a few minutes ago when I discovered that Harionique plays for Biarritz.

Biarritz have a load of quality internationals, with Harinordoquy being one of my favorite players to watch when France play. They also have home adv in a strong ground so it'll be interesting if the Ospreys can fulfill their potential, only then would they trouble to Basque side.

Against my will, I find myself wanting a team containing Iain Balshaw to win the HEC. Should I seek help?

I for one cannot wait for this match!!! If both sides play to their potential, it is going to be a HUMDINGER of a match. Which brings me to my biggest concern. Like any Ospreys fan, i haven't got the foggiest how the Ospreys are going to perform. ON paper, we have possibly one of the strongest squads in the Northern Hemisphere (which i know will cause much debate), but this season and every season past, we have only shown glimpses of how we should be playing. Its make or brake for the Ospreys this weekend, hopefully it will be positive.
God i love the Heineken Cup :D :D :D

Ospreys were very lucky to get into the quarters,
Can't see them getting any further (apart from Tommy Bowe dragging them kicking and screaming all the way)

Doesn't Ngwenya play for Biaritzz? He has to be a contender for the quickest player in the world.

Well we can do it... it's just whether the full potential is unleashed on Saturday.

I hope Tommy and Shane are on fire!!!

C'mon Ospreys!!!

Who cares who Biarritz have .............. Ospreys have TOMMY BOWE :D

Ngwenya>Bowe
Bidabé<Williams

That's 1-1 on the wings. Other positions plz.

Ngwenya is faster than Bowe, but a fast runner does not a winger make.
Just ask Tom Varndell :p

Ngwenya>Bowe
Bidabé<Williams

That's 1-1 on the wings. Other positions plz.

Tis a bold statement, Bowe's probably the form wing in the world. He's the top try scorer in the HC with 7, Ngwenya has 5 though. I think Bowe is definitely the better player but Ngwenya is really really really really fast. Sonic the hedgehog fast.

Not to be biased, but Bowe is possibly one of the in form wingers in the world atm, and Williams is a match winner despite his age. its gonna be between the forward me thinks. I don't have much knowledge on Biarritz but from what i've read, and adding a stereotype i have of french teams, they are gonna be big forwards and quick backs. The Ospreys have got a lot of work to do up front, need to secure ball up front and "earn the right to go wide".
and for the record FAST doesn't exactly mean good.... ask Tom James ;)

Not to be biased, but Bowe is possibly one of the in form wingers in the world atm, and Williams is a match winner despite his age. its gonna be between the forward me thinks. I don't have much knowledge on Biarritz but from what i've read, and adding a stereotype i have of french teams, they are gonna be big forwards and quick backs. The Ospreys have got a lot of work to do up front, need to secure ball up front and "earn the right to go wide".
and for the record FAST doesn't exactly mean good.... ask Tom James ;)

And Tom Varndell...

Tommy, Shane ans Jamesy are the keys to unlocking Biarritz. We should be able to do it if they play well.

Latest posts