• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues v Dragons

L

LydiatesGirl

Team news
Blues - Tom James, Casey LuaLua, Bradley James, Maama Molitika and John Yapp are all out

Dragons - Ashley Smith, Dan Lydiate, Wayne Evans, Alex Walker, Nigel Hall, Ben Castle, Pat Leach and Luke Charteris are all out Jason Tovey is expected back affter resuming training. James Leadbeater expected in squad as replacement scrum-half

Blues team - 15 Ben Blair 14 Richard Mustoe 13 Tom Shanklin 12 Jamie Roberts 11 Tom James 10 Sam Norton-Knight 9 Richie Rees

8 Xavier Rush 7 Martyn Williams 6 Sam Warburton 5 Scott Morgan 4 Bradley Davies 3 Taufa'au Filise 2 T Rhys Thomas 1 Gethin Jenkins ©

16 Gareth Williams 17 Gary Powell 18 Paul ***o 19 Andy Powell 20 Gareth Cooper 21 Ceri Sweeney 22 Gareth Thomas

Dragons expected team - 15:Tovey
14:Brew
13:Riley
12:Watkins
11:Fussell
10:Arlidge
9:Leadbitter
8:Webb
7:Thomas
6:Bearman
5:Sidoli
4:Macdonald
3:palmer
2:Wilis
1:Mckenzie

Blues: Ben Blair; Richard Mustoe, Tom Shanklin, Jamie Roberts, Tom James; Sam Norton-Knight, Richie Rees; Gethin Jenkins (capt), T Rhys Thomas, Taufa'au Filise, Bradley Davies, Scott Morgan, Sam Warburton, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush.
Replacements: Gareth Williams, Gary Powell, Paul ***o, Andy Powell, Gareth Cooper, Ceri Sweeney, Gareth Thomas.

Dragons: Jason Tovey; Aled Brew, Rhodri Gomer-Davies, Tom Riley, Richard Fussell; James Arlidge, Danny Lee; Hugh Gustafson, Tom Willis (capt), Patrick Palmer, Hoani MacDonald, Robert Sidoli, Joe Bearman, Gavin Thomas, Lewis Evans.
Replacements: Steve Jones, Peter Bracken, Adam Jones, Grant Webb, Will Harries, Matthew Watkins, Gareth Williams.

Referee: James Jones (WRU)

Backing the dragons all the way on this one.
Go on <strike>Newport</strike> Dragons!

Is Tal Selley not good enough for the Dragons now either.
Gaaaw, there was a time in the early Noughties where I thought he was amazing...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Dec 25 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
is this gareth williams any good? never heard of him[/b]

Ah they signed him off Quins right? I've heard he's pretty good, he played for the Wales u20's in 2008 apparently, so he must be alright.

Looking forward to this one though :D If the Dragons were full strength I'd tip them for the win, but not sure they can with the amount of injuries they've got. Would be very useful for the Blues to get a win, lets just hope Norton-Knight doesn't have a Mare of a game <_< At least Dai Yoing has finally picked Rees over Cooper.

Yeah, the Blues shirt can sit in the wardrobe tommorow. I'll be proudly wearing that new Dragons shirt I got for Christmas. Sorry, Blues, but that's the way it goes...

Dragons barely 60 seconds into the game have conceded a penalty.

Ben Blair steps up...

looks to miss by a country mile but curls the ball back in and hits the post.
Dragons escape a lucky punishment.

Penalty to blues from a scrum right in front of the posts a few metres out.
Blair doesn't miss this time.

3-0 to blues

Jamie Roberts makes a schoolboy error running infront of the kicker and gives dragons a chance to equalise with a penalty.
But in the words of hte commentator, "Not enough accuracy, not enough power"...only he said that in welsh.

Still 3-0 to blues

TRY DRAGONS!

Aled Brew gets a try after a prop who wasn't good enough to play for the blues, makes a break for the dragons from a ruck and puts brew in for a sprint to the line.

Converted.

Blues 3 - 7 Dragons.

A little girl in pink in the crowd was waving at the camera, my dad felt obliged to wave back and say hello.
I didn't have the heart to tell him she can't hear him...

Yeah, it's on s4c. I think you may be able to get it if you have sky digital (on one of those obscure 900 channels along with the other bbc regional channels)

Rhys Thomas gets yellow carded after what's been some positive play so far.
Dragons get penalty close and infront of posts and miss the penalty.

Really entertaining game so far.

Still 3-7 Dragons

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 27 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, it's on s4c. I think you may be able to get it if you have sky digital (on one of those obscure 900 channels along with the other bbc regional channels)[/b]
Have it now, Cheers

Gethyn Jenkins penalised for not binding in the scrum.
Dragons penalty earns them 3 points.

Blues 3 - 10 Dragons.

Latest posts