• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Wallabies

It's incredible South Africa are able to win games in a convincing manner with such a sluggish game plan. They have a very good/clinical forward pack and a traditionalist rugby flyhalf who can kick goals from just about anywhere, but it really comes down to the discipline of the opposing teams. They are winning games and good on them, but I'm not entirely convinced by De Villiers. Let's just see how they go away from home.

Australia have no chance without Rocky Elsom. I also wish we had decent wingers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Aug 9 2009, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's incredible South Africa are able to win games in a convincing manner with such a sluggish game plan. They have a very good/clinical forward pack and a traditionalist rugby flyhalf who can kick goals from just about anywhere, but it really comes down to the discipline of the opposing teams. They are winning games and good on them, but I'm not entirely convinced by De Villiers. Let's just see how they go away from home.

Australia have no chance without Rocky Elsom. I also wish we had decent wingers.[/b]

+ Will Genia starting would be a good option me thinks...

Thats right South Afirca's wins arnt that flash, but it is winning them games

Burgess was shite again but Brussow and the box put too much pressure on aus.

Springbox are training at my school in the lead up to the game in Brisbane!

The Springboks will be pumped to have a cheer squad of Woldog and Dale, wearing grey short-shorts, ties and pulled up socks; squealing wildly whenever Francois or Percy run past.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Aug 9 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Brussow is a FREAK! He has got to be by far the best openside in the world atm! Can't believe he didn't make the initial team against the Lions.

I hate this kick the ball up bull**** but it works and we're winning so its bearable. To everyone that thinks the SA backs are useless, kindly shut up! If they only ever get the ball as a last desperate option, of course they won't be able to shine! Every single player in the Bok backline has amazing skills and ability. You can't say they're **** if the team's game plan doesn't provide them with any ball!

Also, wtf is up with the Australian commentators? Phil Kearns et all are the most one eyed ******** to walk the earth since the days of the Caribbean Pirates!

Anyway, I enjoyed the win, but I can't say I'm really enjoying the game plan, as successful as it is. Good win to the Boks, one more and it's in the bag.[/b]
I love the Australian commentators! Sure they are one eyed and all that but they make it really really interesting. It's good listening to them when the Wallabies are losing, when they are winning is a different story.

The Tri Nations tournament now depends on what NZ and Aus have learnt from these games. They should now know to be disciplined and a more conservative , territorial game. I think England vs South Africa could be a really close game. They both play in the same style. I think we can and will beat South Africa over here which is all that matters come 2011.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Aug 9 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone think that Rugby is being decided less on player talent and more on the players abuility to strickly follow the rules? Like when the game is being dominated with penalties, it sort of ruins it in my view, and the ref becomes too relavent in who wins and loses. I see this alot with SA. If you look at their try scoring acheivments, they have hardly been impressive, it seems they just rely on refereeing to win.[/b]

:lol: :lol: yes we pay the refs well in SA. Boks win had nothing to do with territorial advantage, massive hits, winning alot of the collision points, awesome lineout(Oz lost 8 of their own throw-ins), huge counter rucking, Brussow destroying all sorts of Oz momentum with turn overs and the list goes on................

Carry on living in denial bud. Its true at not playing very attractive rugby at the moment but hey Iwill take a win any day of the week.

Does anyone else think James O'Connor played well when he came on for Mortlock?

I think the biggest problem in rugby is that you don't need to play attacking. It makes many of the games boring. The best rugby games are when the two teams just attack. Those games stick in your mind forever. I'll forgot about these 4 tri nations games pretty quick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Aug 9 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Springboks will be pumped to have a cheer squad of Woldog and Dale, wearing grey short-shorts, ties and pulled up socks; squealing wildly whenever Francois or Percy run past.[/b]

Except I'm finished school and I didn't go to his school... and I hate Francois and Percy, I only squeal wildly when Fourie or Schalk run past me.

i was pretty impressed with the wallabies performance even though the boks were too strong. the wallabies started of great, lost their way a bit but then came out after half time like they meant it. unfotunate about the multiple yellows, but those are the rules. boks too good in the lineouts as well.

it's been 3 weeks now and i still don't know who this brussow character is, i know what he looks like, saw him clapping last night but i've never seen him holding the ball in the field of play. must be something wrong with my eyesight, because everyone seems to think his **** doesn't stink.

Before I analyze anything I want to congratulate P Divvy and the Boks. P Divvy gets special praise for keeping the mumblings to a minimum and getting on with it. He's left the clown behaviour to Januarie.

Onto the game. Effective, clinical and winning rugby from the Boks. If this is what it takes to win then so be it. In my eyes this Bok team has nothing to prove anymore. They've won everything they can in rugby. Tri-Nations, WC, Lions series, they've got it all. We've showed we can score tries from the backs, through our forwards and with set pieces. All that matters now is to keep winning. As a Bok fan I'm 100% satisfied with the position we're in and how we're winning.
IMO the Bok management is showing very clever thinking here. We're playing according to the ref more than anything. NH refs are renown for being more technical in the interpretation of rucks. Therefore making any rugby played in our own half high risk, especially with Oz's accuracy and nous in that area. So kick up and unders just outside their 22 and apply pressure with our dominant pack with the momentum we're gaining by always going forward. Works like a charm.

Morne Steyn's and Heinrich Brussow's superb entrance into International rugby doesn't hurt either! Brussow is applying immense pressure on the ground, I've never seen anything like it, to this degree, in Bok rugby. Absolutely fantastic. That combined with an on form kicking flyhalf and a dominant tight 5, is proving lethal.

One thing I've noticed that hasn't been brought up was the Wallabies discipline. How about Giteau taking out Du Preez. Shocking, should be cited. Imagine the anarchy inspired attacks that would of ensued if Bakkies Botha did that ;)
The constant spoiling of our ball and taking the man without the ball whenever we got near our 22 didn't help the flow of the game either. 3 Yellows was deserved punishment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Aug 9 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Springboks will be pumped to have a cheer squad of Woldog and Dale, wearing grey short-shorts, ties and pulled up socks; squealing wildly whenever Francois or Percy run past.[/b]

I'll say it again. Burgess is shite. I'll be looking forward to the Beast and Matfield though. It's funny that you'd mock the GPS private school system, when pretty much every Wallaby went to a GPS school in QLD or NSW.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Aug 9 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does anyone else think James O'Connor played well when he came on for Mortlock?[/b]

Best performance from a 15 year old on debut!! Geez he looked young - but very impressive and strong.

I think Next year will be Aussies year - they have some good young talent coming though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Aug 9 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Arguably, the French that faced Australia was probably tired after a season of rugby (including French rugby finals not long before, I believe) and two matches against the All Blacks[/b]
We just finished Super 14, and had three matches before France.
[/b][/quote]

Wow, 16 games. Don't over-do it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (I Bleed Black @ Aug 9 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Aug 9 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone else think James O'Connor played well when he came on for Mortlock?[/b]

Best performance from a 15 year old on debut!! Geez he looked young - but very impressive and strong.

I think Next year will be Aussies year - they have some good young talent coming though
[/b][/quote]

Yes given the time O'Connor definately one for the future.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Aug 9 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i was pretty impressed with the wallabies performance even though the boks were too strong. the wallabies started of great, lost their way a bit but then came out after half time like they meant it. unfotunate about the multiple yellows, but those are the rules. boks too good in the lineouts as well.

it's been 3 weeks now and i still don't know who this brussow character is, i know what he looks like, saw him clapping last night but i've never seen him holding the ball in the field of play. must be something wrong with my eyesight, because everyone seems to think his **** doesn't stink.[/b]

Thats cause he is tiny lol. He has been nothing short of phenomenal at the break down,against the Lions and now against the second and third place team in the world.

The work he does is amazing! It is about his instinct, timing, low center of gravity, techique and work rate. The steal he made on Mortlock was nothing short of amazing. One of the best things so far for an openside playing on he edge of the laws he hardly gives away any penalties.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Aug 9 2009, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Australia have no chance without Rocky Elsom. I also wish we had decent wingers.[/b]

Decent wingers... I thought Drew Mitchell had a great game under the circumstances yesterday. And Turner's a nice player. Australia need a front 5 and Genia at 9; the rest of the team is world class.

What Posistion did Pienaar play last night when he came on? On SS they said he was flyhalf but he looked he was playing on the wing. Barnes is great his drop goal came out of nowhere but Burgess sucks so bad, his passes were going nowhere when Genia the aussies played a lot better

It is amazing that the Boks are not quite firing on all cylinders, as has been mentioned above their backs could be playing quite a bit better, yet they are still clearly the best team in the world, at least in SA, as they have beaten all opponents in the last couple of months starting with the first Lions test. It is scary to think how dominant they would be if backs like Habana were shredding through their opponents.

Latest posts