• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Wallabies

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Aug 9 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Springboks will be pumped to have a cheer squad of Woldog and Dale, wearing grey short-shorts, ties and pulled up socks; squealing wildly whenever Francois or Percy run past.[/b]
:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 9 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Aug 9 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Arguably, the French that faced Australia was probably tired after a season of rugby (including French rugby finals not long before, I believe) and two matches against the All Blacks[/b]
We just finished Super 14, and had three matches before France.
[/b][/quote]

Wow, 16 games. Don't over-do it...
[/b][/quote]

Yes. A top 14 season = 26 games (+2) + 6 H-cup games. (+3 if you make it to the final)

The smaller club are playing the European Challenge too. Plus, that was a mixed team in the last game, the tour was already a succes by winning the serie against the ABs. And don't forget the disturbing Bastareaud affair.

I reckon that expecting to beat the Boks is a bit arrogant considering we can't even win the 6 Nations since two years, but the french are not that bad and always good for a one night stand. (sadly, nothing more)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
And don't forget the disturbing Bastareaud affair.[/b]

The guy who said he got beaten up by New Zealanders than admitted he had gotten drunk and fallen over?

France need to stop blaming their losses to better teams on 'tiredness' and 'David Skrela'...

To be fair, the ratio is about 4 Northern Hemisphere to 1 Southern Hemisphere game. I play plenty of street basketball but I would say that a fella in the NBA would be far more tired then me at the end of the year. Hows that for a metaphor? ;)

They weren't that 'tired' a week or two earlier when they beat the AB's followed up by a very close loss...

I understand they have a long season but they can't claim 'tiredness' every time they lose...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Aug 10 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They weren't that 'tired' a week or two earlier when they beat the AB's followed up by a very close loss...

I understand they have a long season but they can't claim 'tiredness' every time they lose...[/b]

Nah we have David Skrela when it's not tiredness :D :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Aug 10 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Aug 9 2009, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's incredible South Africa are able to win games in a convincing manner with such a sluggish game plan. They have a very good/clinical forward pack and a traditionalist rugby flyhalf who can kick goals from just about anywhere, but it really comes down to the discipline of the opposing teams. They are winning games and good on them, but I'm not entirely convinced by De Villiers. Let's just see how they go away from home.

Australia have no chance without Rocky Elsom. I also wish we had decent wingers.[/b]

Decent wingers... I thought Drew Mitchell had a great game under the circumstances yesterday. And Turner's a nice player. Australia need a front 5 and Genia at 9; the rest of the team is world class.
[/b][/quote]
They are too white / slow.

Digby Ioane was 3rd best player of the 09 super 14 season. Could be next 13 after mortlock but that wont be anytime soon.

Missed it, but I'm assuming the Beast was still up to his old tricks and collapsed every Aussie scrum?

I thought it was a good match, the second half was a bit boring but we'll take that win. It was really awesome to see Matfield scoring, and Smit doing that grubber! Couldn't believe my eyes.

Brussouw again proved he is FAR FAR better than Burger. ( I heard his in the squad :eek: )

Giteau should have been red-carded the dirty *******, but I guess its karma for Burger not getting one.

I thought Australia's no 12 (Barnes I think) was kicking very well. The Australians might have gotten a try in the first two minutes and another one but I think the game was always ours.

I know our tactic is winnning us games, but I'm worrying its going to get a bit predictable, we have a dangerous backline and we need to use it.

Juan Smith is a beast!

PS: What's up with our scrum? We were dominating them and suddenly... what?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Aug 9 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes. A top 14 season = 26 games (+2) + 6 H-cup games. (+3 if you make it to the final)

The smaller club are playing the European Challenge too. Plus, that was a mixed team in the last game, the tour was already a succes by winning the serie against the ABs. And don't forget the disturbing Bastareaud affair.[/b]
But how many of the players will play in all of those matches? We don't get to see the Top14 games here in Canada but I do see Magners, Guiness and Heineken. In those competitions it appears that the teams will rest some of their top players in the less important domestic league games. And then you have the periods when the top players are away for the Six Nations so they miss more club games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayner @ Aug 10 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Aug 9 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The smaller club are playing the European Challenge too. Plus, that was a mixed team in the last game, the tour was already a succes by winning the serie against the ABs. And don't forget the disturbing Bastareaud affair.[/b]
But how many of the players will play in all of those matches? We don't get to see the Top14 games here in Canada but I do see Magners, Guiness and Heineken. In those competitions it appears that the teams will rest some of their top players in the less important domestic league games. And then you have the periods when the top players are away for the Six Nations so they miss more club games.

[/b][/quote]

The Frenchies take their Top 14 very seriously. The big teams have been more likely to rest players in their Heineken Cup matches than in the Top 14.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Aug 14 2009, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 9 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They've won everything they can in rugby. Tri-Nations, WC, Lions series,[/b]

Didnt the springboks come last in last years tri-nations though??? hahahaha :lol:
[/b][/quote]

/FAIL.

Anyway, i don't think we have ever won a grandslam have we? Beating Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England in the end of year tour. Enlighten me...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Aug 11 2009, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know our tactic is winnning us games, but I'm worrying its going to get a bit predictable, we have a dangerous backline and we need to use it.[/b]

I was amazed SA were still continuing to kick for territory even when the wallabies were down to 13. With jets like habana and jp out wide i was absolutely gobsmacked when the boks kept going for box kicks and aerial bombs.
I think the next time the wallabies play SA it will be like the match they played in sydney a few years back where it was just a kick to game.....anyone remember that absurd example of a rugby game?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 9 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Didnt the springboks come last in last years tri-nations though??? hahahaha :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Aug 14 2009, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 9 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, i don't think we have ever won a grandslam have we? Beating Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England in the end of year tour. Enlighten me...
[/b][/quote]
I really can hardly remember the last time we played all the teams. We didn't last year and we're not this year. The last time we actually did go for it was with a very young team back when Frans Steyn, Bevon Fortuin (my god), JP Pietersen, Bismarck made their debuts. I probably left out a few names but ja that was the last time I remember. The grandslam went to **** when O'Gara, that twat, cheated us out of victory. But I guess we got him in the end :lol:

EDIT: BTW I think we're the only team to win the TN grandslam back in '97?

It was in 1998 under Nick Mallet. New Zealand won all their Tri-Nations games in 1996.

Latest posts