• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Border Reivers vs Ospreys

R

Rugby_Cymru

Line up

Border Reivers: Stuart Moffat; Dougie Flockhart, Ben MacDougall, Nick De Luca, Calum MacRae; Gregor Townsend (capt), Rob Chrystie; Gavin Kerr, Ross Ford, Bruce Douglas, Stuart Grimes, Opeta Palepoi, Scott Gray, Andy Miller, Kelly Brown.
Replacements: Steve Scott, Ed Kalman, Craig Hamilton, John Dalziel, Brendan McKerchar, Steve Jones, Garry Law / Bryan Rennie

Ospreys: Lee Byrne; Nikki Walker, Sonny Parker, James Hook, Shane Williams; Shaun Connor, Jason Spice; Duncan Jones (capt), Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Brent Cockbain, Alun Wyn Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Richard Pugh, Filo Tiatia.
Replacements: Richard Hibbard, Paul James, Mike Powell, Lee Beach, Martin Roberts, Andrew Bishop, Jonathan Vaughton.

Referee: Alain Rolland (IRFU).

Ok, so this is it.
Depending on how Cardiff fare against Leinster this game could require Ospreys to do what they very rarely do in a season: get a 4 try bonus point.

Ospreys are fielding a first team with quality throughout and some good solid names on the replacement bench as well. Henson is still out (surprise, surprise!0 with his ligament injury and Ryan Jones is also missing from action.

Gregor Townsend, however, will be looking to rain on the Ospreys parade. It will be his last game, but it will also be the Borders last game as well before they are dibanded.
They are not going to take this lying down.
They want to leave the Magners League with a bang, with something for the fans.
This will not be an easy job.

sorry mate, but i seriously think Borders might just snatch this one!

i know ospreys are chasing the ***le, but i know most, if not all, of scotland will be shouting for the Borders (hopefully a fair amount will turn out at netherdale) and Townsend has spoken about how disapointing it is he will end his career in such a way - so he will want to win. I can see the Borders pulling off something special in this one. :D

hope this dosent come back to haunt me! :lol:

well Cardifff have done us a favour. Lets not screw it up. Shame that the Borders are being scrapped, nice little team they got. Gd luck hope we have a gd match, and an Ospreys win :lol2tn:

I can't rule out any result for tomorrow.
It could honestly go either way.

I'm a little on edge.
I just want the game to start now.

20 mins to kick off!
I finished work early today, just so i could get home to see the game.

Haha I think that the Winners of Each League, so Magner's, Guinness, Top 14 and Super 14, should all be placed against each other in a world club Tournament, to see who is the Best Team in the World...

Haha I think that the Winners of Each League, so Magner's, Guinness, Top 14 and Super 14, should all be placed against each other in a world club Tournament, to see who is the Best Team in the World...
[/b]

Actually....Crusaders vs St Helens one match with them playing League and the other with them playing Union and see what happens.

38 mins

Hook converts Parkers try.
Great break by hoks to create the opportunity.

42mins

Borders successful penalty conversion.

Borders 6 - 14 Ospreys

Full time

Borders 16 - 24 Ospreys

What an amateurish performance.
But we got the win.

...just.

Latest posts