Bourgoin v Gloucester

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Bourgoin.png
Bourgoin v Gloucester
Gloucester.png
</div>

Gloucester will be looking to consolidate their position at the top of Pool 2 with a win away to Bourgoin this evening.

With Vainikolo missing out due to a family bereavement Olly Morgan comes in at full back with Balshaw starting on the wing.

It will be interesting to see how Bourgoin play this evening, play to their potential and we have a cracker on our hands, otherwise it could be a mauling. Hopefully the former given their qualification chances are still alive.

Bourgoin: Anthony Forest; David Janin, Rudi Coetzee, Sebastien Laloo, Matthieu Nicolas; Benjamin Boyet Morgan Parra Karena Wihongi; Benoit Cabello, Pablo Cardinali, Julien Pierre (capt), Damien Fevre, Julien Frier, Mark Rennie, Wessel Jooste.
Replacements: Jean-Philippe Genevois, Olivier Sourgens, Chris Wyatt, Sylvian Nicolas, Mickaël Forest, Matias Viazzo, Jean-Francois Coux.

Gloucester: Olly Morgan; James Simpson-Daniel, Mike Tindall, Anthony Allen, Iain Balshaw; Ryan Lamb, Rory Lawson; Nick Wood, Olivier Azam, Carlos Nieto, Peter Buxton (capt), Alex Brown, Alasdair Strokosch, Akapusi Qera, Gareth Delve.
Replacements: Andy ***terrell, Christian Califano, Will James, Luke Narraway, Gareth Cooper, Chris Paterson, Leon Lloyd.

I think Gloucester will win, simple as that, their form will blow Bourgoin away.

Easy in the end, 31-7 plenty of momentum now for Gloucester who are in the driving seat for a home quarter final now.

Nice Gloucester performance under an apocalyptic weather.
Nothing to tell regarding a largely deserved victory. ;)

Simply a lot of injured for Gloucester squad during a physical match.

Good performance from Glos on the road again. We seem to play better away as there seems to be a little bit of complacency creeping in during home games. Lamb was superb and everything he tried came off. Injuries were a shame as Morgan and Patterson will not be ready for the home leg at least. Tindall will be ok( thank god without him our midfield looks a bit lightweight).
Think Ospreys will slip up before we play them?

Fat chance, they've already made their big seasonal f*** up against Glawster in Kingsholm, so I wouldn't expect them to lose to Ulster.

Fat chance, they've already made their big seasonal f*** up against Glawster in Kingsholm, so I wouldn't expect them to lose to Ulster.
[/b]

Im not having a go at the Ospreys for the sake of it, i just think Glos had a shocking 1st half in the Kingsholm game, the way they have done all season and it was only when they knuckled down and did the basics well that they blew them away. The fitness of some of the Osprey fowards was a disgrace in the second half. Ospreys aint all that

That last sentence is ridiculous, the quality in depth they have compared to Gloucester is shocking, especially when you consider that every position has a current international, international replacement or a has-been.
To think that this team can lose a match is embarressing, since a lot of the Welsh team makes up this squad. Believe me, the Ospreys are all that, but when you have a coach who can waste one of the most talented squads in Europe, it's easy for someone to say the Ospreys aren't all that.
Simple as, they should have won at Kingsholm (Gloucester have an extremely talented side, but the Ospreys should have ground out the win, especially with that lead). Now the likelihood is, they'll finish second in the group (although still qualifying) and end up getting shredded by a French team, away in the quarters.

Am I the only Bourgoin fan on the boards? Just wondering....

Yeah, this game was a bit dissapointing. Hey, at least there's always room for improvement.

That last sentence is ridiculous, the quality in depth they have compared to Gloucester is shocking, especially when you consider that every position has a current international, international replacement or a has-been.
To think that this team can lose a match is embarressing, since a lot of the Welsh team makes up this squad. Believe me, the Ospreys are all that, but when you have a coach who can waste one of the most talented squads in Europe, it's easy for someone to say the Ospreys aren't all that.
Simple as, they should have won at Kingsholm (Gloucester have an extremely talented side, but the Ospreys should have ground out the win, especially with that lead). Now the likelihood is, they'll finish second in the group (although still qualifying) and end up getting shredded by a French team, away in the quarters.
[/b]

you silly boy, you sound deluded through your bitterness towards the English. We just played away against a french side, did we get shredded? I dont think so.
Bring on the fat Ospreys.

Bitterness towards the English? You're probably the only Englishman I have ever debated with on this board. Surely you know the meaning of a debate? Then try and come up with a counter-arguement rather than calling me a silly boy, as if I don't deserve an opinion.

Bitterness towards the English? You're probably the only Englishman I have ever debated with on this board. Surely you know the meaning of a debate? Then try and come up with a counter-arguement rather than calling me a silly boy, as if I don't deserve an opinion.
[/b]

You questioned the fact that I thought the Ospreys forwards were unfit and a disgrace. I stand by that.
Obviously I do think the Ospreys are a good side , believe it or not im not stupid. But I was at the game at Kingsholm and have since watched a recording of it and the forwards were walking about in the second half and that is the first time I have seen that at the top level for years.I dont doubt the talent of the Ospreys but I do have serious reservations about their application and professionalism. I have no intention of falling out with you over this but your view does seem a little blinkered over the Ospreys shortcomings. I have noticed your prediction for the Ulster game is for Ospys to win 14-58, that says a lot.
If im brutally honest Gloucester will probably lose in Swansea but I know they will fight to the end and be the fitter side who has a better chance of progression to the latter stages of the HC.
I look foward to your reply

Like I said, their squad has so much strength in depth, that the only way they can be struggling like a bunch of unfit fatties is because of poor coaching. Surely you've heard people talk about Lyn Jones' coaching abilities before? He's not awful, but with a squad this talented, I think they should have beaten Gloucester away; because realistically this squad are capable of winning the Cup.
I don't believe they'll finish first in the pool, unless Gloucester seriously cock-up against Bourgoin in their fortress (so unlikely it's not worth mentioning, although the Ospreys did fail to get the 5 points against them in Swansea), Gloucester deserve to top it.
If you think I'm a supporter of the Ospreys, you're really wrong. I know this sounds pretty bad from a Welshman, but I don't support them at all. Ulster are in so much trouble now, the O's should be looking for a 40 - 50 point win. I don't expect you to say anything different about Gloucester, they can make the semi's (depending on their quarter final opposition and whether they're at home or not), and even the final (also depending on their opposition. No doubt, they are good enough to make it to the Millenium Stadium next May, but I think there are many better sides at the moment that may knock them out on the way (Toulouse or Munster anyone?)
I'm glad my writing excites you, and I hope I've exceeded your expectations this time.

Also, if you didn't know, I meant the Ospreys could get shredded by a French side (In a previous post), not Gloucester. Also, to add to that, Bourgoin are nothing special, Gloucester playing Toulouse away would be a much different result ;)

Like I said, their squad has so much strength in depth, that the only way they can be struggling like a bunch of unfit fatties is because of poor coaching. Surely you've heard people talk about Lyn Jones' coaching abilities before? He's not awful, but with a squad this talented, I think they should have beaten Gloucester away; because realistically this squad are capable of winning the Cup.
I don't believe they'll finish first in the pool, unless Gloucester seriously cock-up against Bourgoin in their fortress (so unlikely it's not worth mentioning, although the Ospreys did fail to get the 5 points against them in Swansea), Gloucester deserve to top it.
If you think I'm a supporter of the Ospreys, you're really wrong. I know this sounds pretty bad from a Welshman, but I don't support them at all. Ulster are in so much trouble now, the O's should be looking for a 40 - 50 point win. I don't expect you to say anything different about Gloucester, they can make the semi's (depending on their quarter final opposition and whether they're at home or not), and even the final (also depending on their opposition. No doubt, they are good enough to make it to the Millenium Stadium next May, but I think there are many better sides at the moment that may knock them out on the way (Toulouse or Munster anyone?)
I'm glad my writing excites you, and I hope I've exceeded your expectations this time.

Also, if you didn't know, I meant the Ospreys could get shredded by a French side (In a previous post), not Gloucester. Also, to add to that, Bourgoin are nothing special, Gloucester playing Toulouse away would be a much different result ;)
[/b]

The problem with the Ospreys is the problem with Welsh rugby in general, a lack of application and a culture of drinking to excess. No one doubts the talent but talent that is not backed up by a suitable lifestyle is nothing in professional sport. Until this cancer is rooted out the future of Welsh rugby is dire to say the least.
I mean even when Alfie was made Lions captain in 2005 he had to go out and get ****** up after a test match so badly it took him days to get over it.
This is a problem throughout the British Isles but more widespread within the Principality in my experience.
Going to Cardiff as i very often do for a night out the atmosphere of yob culture and violence are never far away, and certainly worse than in any other city i have encountered.
PROFESSIONAL means what it says. The time is now for this proud and talented nation to get with the 21st century and belong in a sport that needs them.

Latest posts