• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Box Art For RC2006/Release Date

Originally posted by robbinho+Aug 3 2005, 09:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (robbinho @ Aug 3 2005, 09:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Aug 3 2005, 01:22 PM
450 is rediculous
<

REDICULOUS
<

gotto be a typo
Not as ridiculous as typing the word ridiculous incorrectly, twice, and then accusing someone else of a typo.

Ridiculous. [/b]
Originally posted by robbinho @ Aug 3 2005@ 09:39 PM
thin kthey said it was noly due for European release

Rediculous.
<

Not Sure if you guys have seen this?

IGN Rugby Challenge 2006

Rugby Challenge 2006
Hip Games shows some new Rugby. Are you up to the challenge?
by Ivan Sulic
May 20, 2005 - Even though it's not yet confirmed for North American release, Hip Games and Swordfish Studios' Rugby Challenge 2006 was being shown at the 2005 E3. We had an opportunity to see the game and speak with one of the developers. And because of that we can offer up a few notable details regarding the ***le even though we didn't have an opportunity to actually lay our hands on the build shown.

Unlike last year, Rugby Challenge 2006 will feature all European licenses, save for France. It will also feature the Celtic Clubs and Euro Clubs as well as all Super 12 teams. Individual player likenesses are even being worked on. So this game is definitely official.
In terms of modes, Rugby Challenge 2006 boasts World Cup, Three Nations, Heineken / Guinness Cup, Tours (which are of course intercontinental), Leagues and Cups. According to Hip Games, the last two "fully take advantage of the licenses," though we unfortunately didn't have the time for Hip to detail how exactly they did that. In any event, each mode is said to be completely customizable.

In addition to those mainstays, the game will also feature a series of side challenges and extras. Expect to be able to relive classic matches from 15 years ago. Also anticipate playing around with the Survival and Hot Potato mini-games, among others. Challenge 2006 even boasts an Old Time Rugby mode that replicates the used and tattered black & white film reels of the eras its trying to portray. But, the deepest mode in the game will undoubtedly be Career, which lets players start their own Rugby franchise from the bottom up, eventually working into the big leagues and buying and trading players as they go.

Some other basic Rugby Challenge 2006 features include:

Six camera angles.
Seven stadiums (four of them licensed).
Extensive training and tutorial modes.
Variable weather conditions.
Hopefully a North American release will be announced shortly. Whether it is or not, expect additional information to start coming in before the game launches this September across applicable PAL territories.

Originally posted by Stuart_Little@Aug 6 2005, 03:55 AM
Even though it's not yet confirmed for North American release...
...Hopefully a North American release will be announced shortly.
Oh please god I'm horny for a new rugby game. Please come here. I'll rip your box off and stick you in my machine and I'll push all the right buttons you flat circle little tease.

Ian & Trev -- North America: Yea or Nay?

Good find, StuLil.

Originally posted by robbinho+Aug 3 2005, 08:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (robbinho @ Aug 3 2005, 08:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Aug 3 2005, 05:01 AM
Nice find Robbinho, You are smart & funny! (An unluckly combination for a big guy!
<
)
Kindly explain....[/b]
Normally all the big guys I know are thick as **** & are never funny.
<
<

....I was just being nice to a fellow TRF member!

Originally posted by Stuart_Little@Aug 6 2005, 03:55 AM
Unlike last year, Rugby Challenge 2006 will feature all European licenses, save for France. It will also feature the Celtic Clubs and Euro Clubs as well as all Super 12 teams. Individual player likenesses are even being worked on. So this game is definitely official.
YUSS!!!

Everythings looking great (apart from the graphics). Now all I can hope for is much improved gameplay and we have a winner.

Especially excited about the career mode.

hopefully super 12 is in that would be awesome. career mode could be good but i think rugby league 2's will be better. hopefully we found out soon if the game is still on track after hip went bust for a septembet- october release

I think we really need to see the game in action. Looks like it will have all the features we want (except online), and we know the graphics are average, so I want to see/hear about the actual gameplay.

It's actually sneaking up on us a bit, October isn't that far away really.

all im saying here that with the rugbyleague 2 threads and the wcr and rugby 06 threads..ive think ian and trev have heard our constant bickering about the pros and cons of lomu..and i for one beleive they have taken it on board and we will diffinetly have a rugby worth playing...and not a game that our imaginations try and takeover and make fun

this games gonna be the BEST..if not
i will be one sad mofo......

jonah lomu 2..renamed and reloaded!!!!
lets go september!!!

this game is looking good with Super 12, hope rugby challenge is another name for Pro Evolution Rugby
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Aug 6 2005, 12:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Aug 6 2005, 12:01 AM)</div>
Originally posted by robbinho@Aug 3 2005, 09:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Aug 3 2005, 01:22 PM
450 is rediculous
<

REDICULOUS
<

gotto be a typo

Not as ridiculous as typing the word ridiculous incorrectly, twice, and then accusing someone else of a typo.

Ridiculous.
Originally posted by robbinho @ Aug 3 2005@ 09:39 PM
thin kthey said it was noly due for European release

Rediculous.
<
[/b]
and say they i cant spell..

sameh on yous!!!

well CD WOW! (stupid name for a website) seem to think that Rugby Challenge 2006 is coming to australia, with the option to preorder what appears to be the european version. They have the price in oz at around $65 - which could be the price the final copy will sell for. i dunno though, heres the link:

http://www6.cd-wow.biz/detail_results_3.ph...ps2&affid=12945

Doubt it. Big games are usually around AUS$90 aren't they (eg. GTA) and between NZ$100-120 depending on where you get it.

I'm guessing NZ$75-90 which is good.

Originally posted by gjohn85+Aug 6 2005, 10:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Aug 6 2005, 10:19 AM)</div>
Originally posted by robbinho@Aug 3 2005, 08:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
Nice find Robbinho, You are smart & funny! (An unluckly combination for a big guy!
<
)

Kindly explain....
<
<

[/b]
That may be because you are a Welsh.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 7 2005, 06:58 PM
Doubt it. Big games are usually around AUS$90 aren't they (eg. GTA) and between NZ$100-120 depending on where you get it.

I'm guessing NZ$75-90 which is good.
normally pc is around $100 for new games sometimes bit less but mostly $100 in nz
console games are usally more expernisve between $110 -$120 in NZ.

so that $65 is proabbly good not to bad at all.

Yeah, but I got GTA:SA for $100 flat hence the depends bit.

Hopefully that does equate to around $80 though.

nz is just rip-off it was only till like 2years ago that jonah lomu rugby when down from $60?

and the game came out in 97...wcr didnt do well as its at platinum price

LOMU!!!!!!!

LOMU!!!!!!!!!!

LOMU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOMU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by robbinho+Aug 7 2005, 08:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (robbinho @ Aug 7 2005, 08:25 PM)</div>
Originally posted by gjohn85@Aug 6 2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by robbinho@Aug 3 2005, 08:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
<
)

Kindly explain....

<
<

That may be because you are a Welsh.[/b]
I have met a few English men too
<

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 3 2005, 01:06 AM
aye Los we need the super 14 but northamption will do me with spencer harding reihana carving up.
Just like real life then.

Hopefully.

<

On paper this game sounds like everything Rugby 2005 was lacking. But then again on paper Rugby 2005 sounded like close on the ultimate rugby game.

I just hope they get the balance between arcade and simulation better this time, otherwise it could end up falling just as flat as WCR.

Latest posts