• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Parker needs to go back down under and crush some cans and get his confidence back up.
Dominated for 9ish rounds by an out of shape fighter who even the English commentators can only really say his selling points are biting down on his gum shield and swinging.

Both fighters absolutely out on their feet at the end. I think Whyte's done just enough on points. Let's see what the judges say.

That's what boxing is all about. Gotta hand it to Parker he gave it everything he had left in that 12th.

Edit: Whyte is a far better boxer than that Olyy

Whytes a good boxer but I think Parker is far better technically - the Parker that fought AJ would have won tonight

He is a brawler, but he can box when he wants to and is a threat to any heavyweight out there. Parker is a very good fighter, a deserved WC, anyone who can do that to him can really fight.

It's crazy how three different heavyweight belts were fought for tonight, and Joshua has a bunch more
Boxing is wild

Excellent night of fighting. So chuffed for Dave Allen if you haven't seen the good luck message he got from Babestation it's worth seeing.

What now for Joe Parker? Ability is not in question but is he nasty enough to be a great fighter? I hope so. Think he should take a year out, go back to New Zealand and rebuild from there.

Dillian Whyte now must be offered a world ***le shot now and if AJ loses to Povetkin it will blow the whole division wide open.

The only dark cloud is chicken legs who seems to want to spend his life earning peanuts in the states fighting no bodies between his mandatories

Parker needs to go back down under and crush some cans and get his confidence back up.
Dominated for 9ish rounds by an out of shape fighter who even the English commentators can only really say his selling points are biting down on his gum shield and swinging.
Rubbish. Whyte may not be the best athlete in the division and looks off balance but he has a fighters instinct and has an excellent catch and return. Yes he's a brawler but a very savvy one too.

Good fight. Think there would plenty interest in a re-match assuming AJ v Wilder happens next Spring. Otherwise Whyte must be getting very close to being the WBC mandatory. Parker has to win his next fight otherwise he's really moving down the pecking order. Fury could also be in the mix to fight either of these two if he wins his next one.

Rubbish. Whyte may not be the best athlete in the division and looks off balance but he has a fighters instinct and has an excellent catch and return. Yes he's a brawler but a very savvy one too.

That's basically what I said, spread out over several posts.
Whytes a good boxer but isn't as fit as the top guys, and is a brawler.
A better technical boxer should be able to pick him apart from the outside, especially when he was blowing as hard as he was after 5 rounds.
I still believe that a top form Parker beats Whyte. I think the AJ loss has smashed his confidence, which I suppose is understandable as he was unbeaten before then and you never know how people will react to a loss. He then flies all the way around the world again to fight a home town guy in front of a hostile crowd.

Or maybe Parker wasn't that great and he's faced two tougher opponents in their own back yard compared to fighting the likes of Andy Ruiz in NZ to win the least recognised of the four heavyweight belts. Many observers of that fight had Ruiz winning that one on points.

That's fair,
I just don't see anything special in Whyte other than his ability to grit through exhaustion/the punches - though I suppose at heavyweight that's pretty handy, and he's only got the one loss so fair play to him.

KSI vs Logan Paul in a few minutes, can't wait to see how absolutely terrible this is.
They've got Shannon Briggs ringside, he could take them both out at the same time with his legs tied together and one arm tied behind his back.

Edit: Jimi Manuwa is in the front row with his kids. I want him to get in there like Brock Lesnar did, after the fight.
Let me tell you something! I walked into this building and watched the boxing disasters from the beginning. Jake Paul's a piece of ****. Logan Paul is a piece of ****. KSI, I'm coming for you motherfucker!

Last edited:
KSI vs Logan Paul in a few minutes, can't wait to see how absolutely terrible this is.
They've got Shannon Briggs ringside, he could take them both out at the same time with his legs tied together and one arm tied behind his back.
Haha I'm loving it. This is an awful guilty pleasure of mine. The two brothers had a really poor fight, but it was funny, and KSI's brother surprisingly didn't get broken in half. The next two should be a bit better in terms of ability I'd hope.
What's with the Bane masks?

Guessing they saw Wilder walk out in a mask and thought he looked super badass with it....

The commentary is the funniest part, they're so so bad.
"One of logans socks is longer than the other, what's the story with that?"

The commentary is the funniest part, they're so so bad.
"One of logans socks is longer than the other, what's the story with that?"
Haha True Geordie is an alright lad, but hasn't a notion, the other guy with the softer voice is also diabolical. Whole thing is pretty unprofessional for 'The Internet's greatest event'

Haha True Geordie is an alright lad, but hasn't a notion, the other guy with the softer voice is also diabolical. Whole thing is pretty unprofessional for 'The Internet's greatest event'
The lass who was interviewing Shannon Briggs was dreadful as well.

Really hope KSI wins this, solely because he's been training with some MMA fighters so that's endeared me to him (done some work with MVP in london, and at the UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas with Bisping)

Latest posts