Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by TRF_Cymro, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Tallshort

Tallshort Senior Member

Country Flag:

Poland

Club or Nation:

Leicester

Yeah its never good for a fighter to yo yo diet. Ricky Hatten was a prime example of a fighter you would binge between training camps and it took its tole in the end. Regards Bellew he just got beaten by a much superior fighter, who will become a very very good heavy weight.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. The Oggmonster

The Oggmonster Senior Member

Country Flag:

Sweden

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

Yeah Usyk is a class act for sure. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on against the heavyweights.

4. Tallshort

Tallshort Senior Member

Country Flag:

Poland

Club or Nation:

Leicester

Well he is bigger than Holyfield so I don't see him having too many problems up to the top 5 rankings. Would be interesting to see him and Dillian Whyte go for it.

5. The Oggmonster

Country Flag:

Sweden

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

Whyte v Chisora should be a good one. It'll be another all out slug fest without too much actual boxing. There are a few possible opponents for Usyk. Joseph Parker is about the same size but I would fancy Usyk to prevail. Would like to see Povetkin v Usyk - Russia v Ukraine (winner gets Crimea :) although maybe not such an appeal to UK fight fans. Having said that, I think Usyk's camp want to establish him more in the UK given that he's now signed with Hearn. They also know that this is the best path to AJ.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

Didn't Fury say he's donating his purse to charity?
    I'm not sure it's a cash grab, he doesn't seem that obsessed with cash like a lot of prize fighters.
    He's made a lot of cash during his career and spends half his time living in a caravan by choice

7. Tallshort

Tallshort Senior Member

Country Flag:

Poland

Club or Nation:

Leicester

Possibly Olyy it might be an ego trip as opposed to a cash grab but I am certain Frank Warren needs the cash very desperately.

8. TRF_Olyy

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

The way he spoke on JRE it definitely seems like an ego thing,
    Wilder called him out a few years ago and apparently he's been stewing ever since and Wilder was his target for a comeback, not Joshua.

Promoters are always hungry for cash so you're probably right on that one

9. The Oggmonster

Country Flag:

Sweden

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

There's a lot of talk about Warren being close to bankruptcy. It didn't help that Billy Joe Saunders failed a drugs test and was stripped of his title and Eddie Hearn putting Whyte v Chisora on the same night as Frampton v Warrington which will hit Warren's numbers. Fury v Wilder is £20 on BT Sports but I don't see it getting too many buys in the UK seeing as it's in LA and on very late.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tallshort

Tallshort Senior Member

Country Flag:

Poland

Club or Nation:

Leicester

Yeah that's a good assessment, Warren is old school and up until recently treated his fighters that way. Eddie might be a character but he does look after his fighters which is why so many are signing with him. Putting Whyte V Chisora on that night was very calculated and I think he is really pushing to get Warren out the picture which I don't think is a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Oggmonster

Country Flag:

Sweden

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

Not a surprising outcome to Wilder v Fury. After the Canelo v GGG fights one does have to question the judging process. Seems like some fighters have a head start and will only lose if they get knocked out. Most experts saying Fury won the fight but maybe there's a new secret rule that a knockdown gets five bonus points.

Will be interesting to see if Wilder gives him a re-match or if he takes the AJ fight in April. He ducked out of a re-match with the much avoided Ortiz after realising how dangerous he was.

12. TRF_Olyy

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

Seems pretty universal, even from American fans, that the judging was some serious home cooking and Fury was robbed

13. The Oggmonster

Country Flag:

Sweden

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

Haven't seen it myself yet but some saying that Fury won every round except the two he got knocked down. He was apparently motionless after the second knock down in the 12th but rose up like the Undertaker at the count of 9 and saw out the last two minutes.

14. Tigs Man

Tigs Man Senior Member

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Sunwolves

And who said it was a cash grab ego trip fight?

Fair play to Fury come back from a lot of **** to put on a show like that.

15. The_Blindside

The_Blindside Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

British Irish Lions

The fight’s on YouTube before they take it down. But yeah apart from the two knockdowns - 12th was brutal looked to me Fury outboxed Wilder. How Tyson got up from the 12th knock down I have no idea. Rematch has got to be on the cards. Hopefully, Wembley but most likely Vegas.

16. All Black

All Black Senior Member

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

I thought Tyson Fury was going to get knocked out before the fight but after watching the whole thing, I honestly think Tyson Fury won the fight. Wilder just got 2 knock downs, that was it. You take those knock downs away and Wilder loses.

Very disappointed in Wilder, especially in the last round where I thought that he should've finished Fury. I was jumping up and down when Fury was out on the canvas but then he got back up and carried on.

17. Tigs Man

Tigs Man Senior Member

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Sunwolves

So will we get to see a AJ v Wilder/Fury fight anytime soon?

Or will Hearn just keep milking his prize cow till they turn 38/40 and then go for the fight?

18. The Oggmonster

Country Flag:

Sweden

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

People accuse Wilder of ducking AJ and vice versa but I suspect that both would prefer to continue milking their cash cows for a bit longer as they both recognise that the other one is dangerous and could end it all with one KO punch. Delaying also builds hype and makes the fight bigger but there will come a point in time when fans are bored with them beating bums and mediocre opponents. Wilder made £10m from last night apparently and AJ can sell out big stadiums against less risky opponents like Parker and Povetkin. They may just continue doing the same while accusing the other one of ducking or not being realistic with negotiations.

19. Tigs Man

Tigs Man Senior Member

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Sunwolves

Fighting Fury was a big risk for Wilder.
    At least he took on someone decent.

20. munstermuffin

munstermuffin Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Fair play to Fury too. He really hides from noone. Is a very fair respectful fighter but at same time very entertaining in and out of the ring. He realy showed he is a real deal by going to LA and well performing as he did.

21. The Oggmonster

Country Flag:

Sweden

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

Fair play to both of them. I think Wilder saw it as a great opportunity to get the scalp of a big undefeated name and probably thought Fury would be too rusty and run out of steam. I'm not convinced he'll agree to a re-match as he knows Fury will be better prepared next time.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!