• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

I saw an article which said WBC 'approves' re-match between Wilder and Fury. Interesting that it didn't say 'orders'. I heard a rumour that Wilder v AJ is almost done - two fight deal with the first one at Wembley in April. Looks like they're both keen to avoid Fury for the time being and it allows the Hearns to put more pressure on Frank Warren as his man is left out in the cold for a year.

I don't think they can order it unless Fury is the mandatory challenger (which he might be). I see Wilder v AJ happening but while Fury is with Warren I don't ever see AJ V Fury.

I don't think they can order it unless Fury is the mandatory challenger (which he might be). I see Wilder v AJ happening but while Fury is with Warren I don't ever see AJ V Fury.

I believe that the mandatory WBC challenger before the Fury fight was Breazeale which in itself seems bizarre but I guess he worked the system to his advantage. Yeah I think Fury won't get any ***les shots in 2019 and may have to consider changing promoter - he'll probably have to sit tight and decide based on who the champ is after second AJ v Wilder fight.

I believe that the mandatory WBC challenger before the Fury fight was Breazeale which in itself seems bizarre but I guess he worked the system to his advantage. Yeah I think Fury won't get any ***les shots in 2019 and may have to consider changing promoter - he'll probably have to sit tight and decide based on who the champ is after second AJ v Wilder fight.

Yeah they have sanctioned the fight so that Fury can fight him as they have not enforced the mandatory which is Breazeale. All politics! Or as Lennox Lewis used to say: Politricks

Brutal KO,
Wasn't expecting it to go that long after the first 2rds, everything Whyte threw seemed to be hurting Chisora

Great fight, though. Chisoras body work was excellent.

Heavyweight is in a good place atm, though I still think there's Fury, then AJ, then everyone else.

So looks like it's Joshua vs White early next year

The Wilder/Fury draw is the best thing that could've happened for Hearn, keeps the Two most dangerous opponents out of action for a while and AJ can batter a lesser boxer and make headlines/highlights.

They can also keep crossing their fingers Fury retires again before he meets AJ (I reckon AJ handles Wilder, though i don't see wilder getting past Fury) as the Wilder/Fury rematch doesn't look like it'll be for a while, and then the negotiations start, so probably looking at 2020 for a unification.

So looks like it's Joshua vs White early next year

The Wilder/Fury draw is the best thing that could've happened for Hearn, keeps the Two most dangerous opponents out of action for a while and AJ can batter a lesser boxer and make headlines/highlights.

They can also keep crossing their fingers Fury retires again before he meets AJ (I reckon AJ handles Wilder, though i don't see wilder getting past Fury) as the Wilder/Fury rematch doesn't look like it'll be for a while, and then the negotiations start, so probably looking at 2020 for a unification.
Not sure you can class Whyte than a lesser fighter now. Wilder avoided him when he WBC mandatory which is why hes gone for AJ.

Wilder disappoints me. He has only 2 really good fighters on his CV and he should have lost to one of them. I dont see AJ or a fully fit Fury having much problem dealing with him.

Also i could see DB, baby miller and Whyte all beat him.

Fury is yet to convince me he has the staying power to stick with it. His come back was great but the proof will be in the pudding when hes got a couple more fights under his belt. Lets see where he is in a years time.

Not sure you can class Whyte than a lesser fighter now. Wilder avoided him when he WBC mandatory which is why hes gone for AJ.
I think AJ knocks him out again.
Fair play he put on a great performance against Parker but he still got saved by the bell at the end.
Decent enough vs Chisora but still ate a lot of shots and Chisora is a clear step down below the rest.
He's an English Wilder but doesn't have as scary power.

Mayweather vs Nasukawa just about to kick off.
I bloody love Rizin, they know how to put on a show - it's like a mixture of real combat sports with WWE production.

Daaaaayumn, first round TKO for Mayweather.
Looked like a Dad playing with his kid, Mayweather laughing and talking the whole time, pawing his hands around and then just quickly turning them into real power shots.

You can definitely tell Tenshin has never boxed, haha.

As an aside I really hate the "shell" defence. Boxing in 4oz gloves would be way more interesting.

Daaaaayumn, first round TKO for Mayweather.
Looked like a Dad playing with his kid, Mayweather laughing and talking the whole time, pawing his hands around and then just quickly turning them into real power shots.

You can definitely tell Tenshin has never boxed, haha.

As an aside I really hate the "shell" defence. Boxing in 4oz gloves would be way more interesting.

Felt bad for Tenshin, it was so predictable what would happen.

Laughable people thought Mayweather would get TKO.

I didn't realise there was such a big difference in weight too, what a stupid contest even as an exhibition fight.

Aye, Mayweather looked massive in there.

Whole thing was a farce from the start tbh,
Tenshin is lightning fast but it's how quick he can mix his kicks and knees in with punches that's impressive - take that away and he's just pitter pattering away on Floyd's gloves, and Floyd just punched directly through Tenshins guard like it was nothing

I think AJ knocks him out again.
Fair play he put on a great performance against Parker but he still got saved by the bell at the end.
Decent enough vs Chisora but still ate a lot of shots and Chisora is a clear step down below the rest.
He's an English Wilder but doesn't have as scary power.

Mayweather vs Nasukawa just about to kick off.
I bloody love Rizin, they know how to put on a show - it's like a mixture of real combat sports with WWE production.

Yeah I watched the Whyte v Parker fight again on YouTube and Whyte was another 30 seconds from being KO'd - he was very fortunate to come away with the win. I also watched the first AJ v Whyte fight and AJ was in trouble early on but recovered well to get the KO. I am still not convinced with AJ's chin and agree with Lennox when he says he should stop chasing the $ and start acting like a champion. Wilder is also guilty of the same and continues to fight bums as a way of clinging on to his belt and rake in the $.

TBH, the sport is kinda flawed when the fighters are left to promote their own fights. It's a bit like football agents deciding who Man City get to play in the next PL campaign. It would be better if there was one governing body who did the promotion and ensured that the highest ranked fighters had to fight each other but there are multiple governing bodies which makes it very difficult.

AJ v Miller in the states June 1st.

Best course of action for AJ given the other 3 all wanted 50/50 splits and were just being greedy.

Plus he's by far the easiest fight he could take

Bit of a **** take really. Champions should fight the best.

He can only fight them if they want to fight him.

Wilder and Fury have their rematch to fight although both were offered contracts (Wilder has been offered one at least twice)

Whyte was offered at least 5m for the fight but said it wasnt enough and didn't agree with the rematch clause

What else could he do?

The thing in boxing (and this isn't aimed at AJ) is a lot of guys know they are not as good as they hype themselves up and will talk it up all day but never want to fight as they knew it'd be all over.

The last English boxer who 100% was full on was Ricky Hatton. He took on Manny and Floyd in their prime and knew his chances were slim but hell he tested himself against the best in their prime. That is gone out of boxing these days.

Fury I genuinely believe is the only one who would fight any man without too much of a negotiation battle.

The thing in boxing (and this isn't aimed at AJ) is a lot of guys know they are not as good as they hype themselves up and will talk it up all day but never want to fight as they knew it'd be all over.

The last English boxer who 100% was full on was Ricky Hatton. He took on Manny and Floyd in their prime and knew his chances were slim but hell he tested himself against the best in their prime. That is gone out of boxing these days.

Fury I genuinely believe is the only one who would fight any man without too much of a negotiation battle.

He was offered the AJ fight, not surec how much but approaches were made after he fought wilder.

Amid Khan has never shied away from a fight, even taking on Canelo who was heavier than him. Same could be said for Froch, Groves, Whyte and Warrington.

AJs record is also very impressive and I don't remember him never taking a fight.

Latest posts