• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Apparently Tyson Fury v AJ has been agreed for 3 December. Will await for official announcement.

Absolutely, smart and for the money. He knows he'll beat him bar a wonder punch from AJ.
Yeah don't be so sure. Have a look at Fury's last 2 fights then watch AJs last 2 with Usyk. You will notice a massive difference in pace. If AJ can get his head right he does have a chance.

Yeah don't be so sure. Have a look at Fury's last 2 fights then watch AJs last 2 with Usyk. You will notice a massive difference in pace. If AJ can get his head right he does have a puncher's chance.
FIFY

I did watch and pay to watch Fury's last fight v Whyte (regretted it after) and Whyte got creamed by that upper cut. Not much happened before he did apart from Tyson controlling the fight. Then his other fights have been Wilder. Apart from first 1 when he did get decked on the floor a couple of times but got up both times. The other two Fury clearly won both.

AJ v Usyk I mainly watched the highlights. The only round that really stood out for me was round 11 in the last one. When he should have finished him off.

AJ I prefer as a person. But Fury is the better boxer and better chin, plus doesn't get gassed like AJ in the later rounds. Unless Tyson gets complacent and turns up bloated I just can't see how he does win unless AJ does catch him with a good shot. But even then we've seen Tyson's capacity to get up after getting knocked down by Wilder - a bigger hitter than AJ.

FIFY

I did watch and pay to watch Fury's last fight v Whyte (regretted it after) and Whyte got creamed by that upper cut. Not much happened before he did apart from Tyson controlling the fight. Then his other fights have been Wilder. Apart from first 1 when he did get decked on the floor a couple of times but got up both times. The other two Fury clearly won both.

AJ v Usyk I mainly watched the highlights. The only round that really stood out for me was round 11 in the last one. When he should have finished him off.

AJ I prefer as a person. But Fury is the better boxer and better chin, plus doesn't get gassed like AJ in the later rounds. Unless Tyson gets complacent and turns up bloated I just can't see how he does win unless AJ does catch him with a good shot. But even then we've seen Tyson's capacity to get up after getting knocked down by Wilder - a bigger hitter than AJ.
I would say Fury doesn't gas in the later rounds because he's never been pushed too much in the later rounds. Who's he really beaten? A dishevelled Klitschko in the slowest fight in history and a clueless Wilder. Who put him under any real pressure in the later rounds. Wilder got in one lucky shot in the first fight but otherwise....
I don't think Fury has faught anyone like AJ before. AJ doesn't just hit hard, at his best he will press and put his opponent under pressure. Fury is favourite but I might stick a sneaky tenner on AJ

Also think Fury with his longer reach and has a better jab than AJ, which will be key to this fight - can switch between stances. And moves surprisingly well for someone of 6 foot 9. Keep AJ at distance and control him with this jab and I only see one winner.

Also Fighting both Klitschko and Wilder and beating them both in their back Yard is no mean feat. AJ has fought three times on foreign soil and lost two out of the three.

This one will likely be at Wembley, I would have thought, and atmosphere will be electric. Had AJ won against Usyk it would have been more anticipated but still I think it will be a box office winner on pay per view.

Ah well knew it was too good to be true.

Ah well knew it was too good to be true.
That's good for AJ. No way was he mentally in the right place for that fight. Could see why Fury wanted it, fighting someone off the back of 2 losses.

That's good for AJ. No way was he mentally in the right place for that fight. Could see why Fury wanted it, fighting someone off the back of 2 losses.
Let's face it it really should be Usyk v TF to unify the heavyweight ***les.

AJ maybe should face Joyce. Joyce properly mashed up Parker's face with his jab and knocked him out. That would be a good fight.

Let's face it it really should be Usyk v TF to unify the heavyweight ***les.

AJ maybe should face Joyce. Joyce properly mashed up Parker's face with his jab and knocked him out. That would be a good fight.
Joyce? AJ would be better facing Fury!.

Think AJ needs to take some time off and rebuild like Fury did. Also talking of Fury did you see his interview after the Joyce fight? Eating an invisible sandwich.......

Joyce is impressing me more with each fight. The guy has a ridiculous engine on him which allows him to come forward relentlessly throwing punches all night knowing his granite chin can take it when he himself gets caught. He properly messed up Daniel Duboi's face too. Parker took AJ the distance and is a very good heavyweight and so Joyce's win on Saturday was some accomplishment. I would rank him as the third best heavyweight behind Fury and Usyk with AJ fourth.

Cracking fight but in the end Beterbiev's class told and accumulation of shots told.

Watch him box Francis Ngannou instead now,
Freak show fight where he can pretend he's in any modicum of danger > Building on and legitimising his legacy

Latest posts