• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brainwashed

S

Serge

Does anyone find that they really like some of the music their parents thrashed throughout their life?

Whenever I'm at a country pub and a song like Sexy Eyes comes on, I'm like, 'OH MY GODZ IT'S DR. HOOK, lets freak it'.

People like Dr. Hook, Neil Sedaka and Suzy Quattro are nothing near the styles of music I generally like, but I love them because of the excess of playtime my parents gave them.

Does anyone else have odd artists they enjoy because your parents abused your ears with their cds?

Haha yep, Queen (that's not odd) and Celine Dion, plus all the radio hits through the 80s growing up as a kid...

Mine listened to Led Zep, Pink Floyd, The Who etc during my childhood

ive been going through my mums old records for a year now, and there is some awesome stuff in there. the who, led zep, ac/dc, deep purple, split enz, the guess who etc... would have had stuff from the beatles and pink floyd but my dad took em. ********...

also been buying my own records too.

vinal > cd > mp3 > tape

lol, yeah I enjoy listening to solid gold radio station (all old songs).

Sambad what is better about vinyl? Is it the quality of sounds or just the retro cool factor? (genuine question)

Originally posted by Serge@Jun 2 2006, 12:19 PM
lol, yeah I enjoy listening to solid gold radio station (all old songs).

Sambad what is better about vinyl? Is it the quality of sounds or just the retro cool factor? (genuine question)
its a combonation of retroness and atmosphere. sound quallity isnt good, i have to admit because they are so easy to scratch, but that does get made up in atmosphere. its like, vinyls were made when music was cool. rock stars wernt rock stars, they were legends. so its like listening to the ultimate band the way they were ment to be listened to.

and its also a hobby for me. going down to the real groovy store, going through the 2nd hand records. its not often i, or anyone would buy a new vinal, because new artists ones go for about $40-60, and then old stuff from the beatles, pink floyd, led zeppelin and rolling stones go for $140+

Vinyls are expensive and stupid.

Woah, its what they listiened to in the 50's. I doubt I could go around wearing a white sheet and a pillowcase in the Nui or Otara and get away with it because it was all the rage in the 70's.

Back on topic, my parents have brainwashed me... I seem to like most of my dads stuff (Split Enz, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Cold Chisel etc) basically the same **** as Sambad.a

Although I go nearwhere my mums collection (Mainly Robbie Williams, UB40 and The Beat f***ing les)

I used to get annoyed because my Dad played nothing but 60's and 70's rock. I got introduced to things like Sergeant Pepper at quite a young age. I now listen to that stuff as part of my music intake anyway.

So yeah, it must be brainwashing...

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 2 2006, 05:20 PM

Woah, its what they listiened to in the 50's. I doubt I could go around wearing a white sheet and a pillowcase in the Nui or Otara and get away with it because it was all the rage in the 70's.

Back on topic, my parents have brainwashed me... I seem to like most of my dads stuff (Split Enz, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Cold Chisel etc) basically the same **** as Sambad.a

Although I go nearwhere my mums collection (Mainly Robbie Williams, UB40 and The Beat f***ing les)
the beatles are awesome. ive only just started to get into them, i got there best of album (the blue one, 1967-70?) and songs like revolution, hey jude, and while my guitar guently weeps are legendary.

question: who was the "5th beatle"? although eric clapton played guitar in while my guitar guently weeps (both in the studio and live cut) and was going to take over if harrison left, so who was the 5th beatle, then clapton being the 6th.

Originally posted by sambãd5+Jun 2 2006, 08:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 2 2006, 05:20 PM

Woah, its what they listiened to in the 50's.  I doubt I could go around wearing a white sheet and a pillowcase in the Nui or Otara and get away with it because it was all the rage in the 70's.

the beatles are awesome. ive only just started to get into them, i got there best of album (the blue one, 1967-70?) and songs like revolution, hey jude, and while my guitar guently weeps are legendary.

question: who was the "5th beatle"? although eric clapton played guitar in while my guitar guently weeps (both in the studio and live cut) and was going to take over if harrison left, so who was the 5th beatle, then clapton being the 6th. [/b]
Is this a test?

If So, i've cheated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fifth_Beatle

Led Zep, Pink FLoyd, The Who, Queen, Stones, Helicopter...

Your parents music does have s ahuge effect on what you listen to, my granpa played in traditional boer music bands since before I was born, I'm not a fan of it but I feel it has given me a huge appreciation of most kinds of music.

But then the older my dad gets the softer his music gets. Today he likes Bon Anchovie among others

...but that is also why this brainwashing technique works on todays radio, this gnarles barkley song, great as it is it has been played way too much on the radio !!

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jun 2 2006, 09:15 AM
Rolling Stones > Drugged up Scousers
I'm sure Mick 'Botox Face' Jagger was clean as a whistle.

Pity his band were so overated. Them and The Who are the two most disappointingly overated bands from that sort of era IMO.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 2 2006, 08:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Jun 2 2006, 09:15 AM

Pity his band were so overated. Them and The Who are the two most disappointingly overated bands from that sort of era IMO. [/b]
Don't rag on the Who.

Rolling Stones - Yes

Who - Hell No.

---

I love this new Forum.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 2 2006, 09:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

Pity his band were so overated. Them and The Who are the two most disappointingly overated bands from that sort of era IMO. [/b]
Oh, shut up you mod. :rolleyes:

the who are aweosme. one of the best live acts around. led zep, pink floyd, the who, 1,2,3.

ive got the kids are alright on vinyl and i recently bought the whos charity concery from 2001? and they truely are awesome live.

and yes, i too love this new forum. its so much cooler than off topic

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jun 2 2006, 09:23 AM-->
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jun 2 2006, 09:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

Pity his band were so overated. Them and The Who are the two most disappointingly overated bands from that sort of era IMO.
Oh, shut up you mod. :rolleyes: [/b]
Ironically enough I was trying to work out which I would have been the other day (more fun than trying to revise). I wasn't sure. I'd probably have been standing in the middle of the fight selling hot dogs.

Latest posts