• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brand and Ross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 29 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 29 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 29 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's times like these that i truly miss America...[/b]

A country where talk radio is prevalent and you simply can't escape from an opinion from a Radio or Television personality being stuffed down your throat? Hallelujah! The UK's turning American!
[/b][/quote]

What the hell are you on about?
Tune into an average radio station in america and then you'll hear how radio is so much more about the music...

Actually, i can't even be arsed to argue as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
[/b][/quote]

To be honest RC, I would agree some of these stations have gone stupid, I used to listen to Chris Moyles on the way to work, I have now switched to my Ipod, however I only listen to Radio 1 after 7pm when the decent shows kick in, Zane Lowe and also Colin Murray are the best shows on the station...

At work, I have switched to XFM and Planet Rock... Far better stations... oh and Chris Evans on the way home...

I've gone off of British radio as well. I used to listen to Radio 4 and Radio 6 but these days both are dumbed down trivialised mouth pieces of the trendy agenda. Why women need an hour dedicated to them in this day and age (especially when most of Radio 4 is dedicated to them anyway) is beyond me. Even Test Match Special has been shoved to some crappy part of Radio 5 Live and filled with idiot "presenters" rather than commentators whose job it is seems to be to wind up Johnathan Agnew and Geoffrey Boycott.

Nope, these days I make most of my time available to Soma.fm, a couple of other (mostly US based) online stations, an Japanese music station and podcasts courtesy of TWiT and a couple of other tech podcasts.

With the advent of online and satellite based alternatives, Radio is changing and sadly neither the American nor British radio industry has realised that this is happening, dinosaurs destined to be gradually phased out to the scrapheap.

Don't find Brand funny on TV. Never heard him on radio. But his booky-wook is rather good.

Strange thing is that for three weeks the UK media has been headlining this story and a non-event political scandal with a Russian oligarch, when the joke debt-economy is being flushed down the pan as Broon's popularity rises. WTF?!

Another good thing that may come out of this is Jonathan Ross may not host the Bafta's again, we may have a proper British Comedian with Brains and Wit, I say bring back Stephen Fry!!!

Whoa there, bucky! This isn't Bertie Ahern's daughter writing the daily rags!

Brown may well be becoming viewed in a more positive light by the British media, but polls have shown that Labour have clawed back little if any of their lead since the crisis started...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 29 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It was beyond the line of decency, but the granddaughter has no right to moan at all. She's a stripper for christ's sake. Andrew Sachs is being made out as this lovely old grandpa who's innocent sweet granddaughter is having her name sullied. Fact is, Brand probably did f*** her.

It's like that twat Muslim extremist cleric, whose daughter is a poledancer (and was only too happy to go in the Sun when daddy got in the news...)[/b]

Theres a difference between a Stripper and a Burlesque Dancer!

Im sorry but the fact that Sachs has done nothing wrong and his grandaughter to be attacked in the way she did is not fair! Brand has never been near here apparently so there was no need for it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Oct 29 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 29 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was beyond the line of decency, but the granddaughter has no right to moan at all. She's a stripper for christ's sake. Andrew Sachs is being made out as this lovely old grandpa who's innocent sweet granddaughter is having her name sullied. Fact is, Brand probably did f*** her.

It's like that twat Muslim extremist cleric, whose daughter is a poledancer (and was only too happy to go in the Sun when daddy got in the news...)[/b]

Im sorry but the fact that Sachs has done nothing wrong and his grandaughter to be attacked in the way she did is not fair! Brand has never been near here apparently so there was no need for it!
[/b][/quote]

I heard they were close friends. Given that 1) She is a dancer who is prepared to sell her story to the Sun, 2) She knew Brand well and 3) Brand's reputation for mashing different chicks, I'd say the liklihood is that she did get a porking from him.

Get in. That's one less way that unfunny prick can enter my ears. Funny as a coach crash.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 29 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Oct 29 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 29 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I heard they were close friends. Given that 1) She is a dancer who is prepared to sell her story to the Sun, 2) She knew Brand well and 3) Brand's reputation for mashing different chicks, I'd say the liklihood is that she did get a porking from him.

[/b][/quote]

So that gives the right for Brand to make rude and crude gestures on the phone right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Oct 30 2008, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 29 2008, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's left the BBC now. All you boring ******** have got your sodding way.[/b]

- In September when he presented the MTV Video Music Awards and described US president George Bush as a "that retarded cowboy fella". He added: "It was nice of you to let him have a go, because, in England, he wouldn't be trusted with a pair of scissors." Brand also criticised US pop group The Jonas Brothers for wearing purity rings symbolising their virginity

[/b][/quote]

I'm sorry but that paying out GWB is funny. :lol: Having a ring to say that you haven't had sex is a load of pardon the pun **** and stupid. :toss:

Boring humourless people will always win the day because they are the ones that will jump up and down the loudest and be the most offended. :toss:

Do you understand the difference between funny and crass?

Russel Brand isn't funny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Oct 30 2008, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 29 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

So that gives the right for Brand to make rude and crude gestures on the phone right?
[/b][/quote]

No, I think it removes her right to act all victimised. All the offence is about Andrew Sachs which is fair enough.

At the end of the day, this is a stupid incident that has been blown out of all proportion by the tabloids (as usual), led of course by the Daily Mail, which is run by the nastiest c***s in Britain.

It hasn't been helped by the BBC's protective and slow reaction.

Both Brand and Ross have apologised sincerely and personally, and Andrew Sachs has accepted them. As far as they're concerned, that should be the end of it. They're both paid to be off the wall and borderline rudeness, like Chris Moyles and many other radio DJs. This time they got carried away.

The real responsibility lies with the editors. For something recorded days in advance, it is amazing the BBC's editorial process did not manage to filter it out and they are the ones who the buck stops with.

When the show aired they had 2 complaints. Having mass complaints just because of post-airing publicity is pathetic. You know the sort of people who complain about these things; they're the same sort who complain about Harry Potter being witchcraft etc. Not worth consideration.

I still like how you believe just because of her chosen profession she now has no right to moan when someone makes fun of her in public.
Lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 29 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't give me that, I've heard my fair share of radio in the States and I've enjoyed hour long lectures by Americans East and West about how awful, backwards, trashy and over commercialized their radio system is. Working as staff for an American station tends to turn you off the entire system. One of the biggest reason why sites like Last.fm and the plethora of online radio stations are growing at such a rapid rate is precisely because they're sick and tired of how traditional radio neither represents what they as a listener is nor provides what they want in a day. And guess what? Ours isn't that amazing either. In fact, its awful. Just saying that the west tends to have some awful Radio stations and we're all guilty of either making it a reality or letting those who did get away with it.[/b]

What can I say, i feel i've got a better perspective on things considering i lived out there for half a year.
I spent 6 weeks driving across the width of the country listening to loads of different stations that you'd encounter on your way and guess what? Loads, and i mean loads, of stations were filled with "10 songs...no interruptions" etc. The DJ's hardly speak on any of these stations. Yes, they've got commercials, but that's because they have to!
The stations play the billboards most popular songs and DJ's don't sit there for ridiculous periods of time just talking about utter shite.
You can work for as many american stations as you like, you can enjoy as many lectures as you like, but i feel i got a really good idea of what it was all like after listening to the radio day in day out for 6 months.
And i enjoyed it compared to the shite from what i heard in Britain.

Now reading your later posts, you too claim that you've gone off british radio.
So i'm not sure where the arguement's going.
I hate British radio... i like American radio.
Hence my quote "It's times like these that I miss America."
Because you just don't hear them ***** on every station nationwide...you just don't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 29 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Listen, if you don't like Russell Brand or if you don't like BBC Radio 2,3,4,5,6 or even the archives on 7 guess then what? You don't have to listen to them, theres a thing called internet radio...[/b]

I presume you're not talking to me on this one, yeah? Coz the only time i listen to radio is at work...and i can't change it from radio 1 coz it goes thru all the speakers and heaven knows where the actual radio is.

I'd be pulling my hair out if I were forced to endure radio 1 all day, every day. *shudders*

In fact, I'm with RC on this one, there's not a single decent radio station in the UK.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 30 2008, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Oct 30 2008, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 29 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No, I think it removes her right to act all victimised. All the offence is about Andrew Sachs which is fair enough.

At the end of the day, this is a stupid incident that has been blown out of all proportion by the tabloids (as usual), led of course by the Daily Mail, which is run by the nastiest c***s in Britain.

It hasn't been helped by the BBC's protective and slow reaction.

Both Brand and Ross have apologised sincerely and personally, and Andrew Sachs has accepted them. As far as they're concerned, that should be the end of it. They're both paid to be off the wall and borderline rudeness, like Chris Moyles and many other radio DJs. This time they got carried away.

The real responsibility lies with the editors. For something recorded days in advance, it is amazing the BBC's editorial process did not manage to filter it out and they are the ones who the buck stops with.

When the show aired they had 2 complaints. Having mass complaints just because of post-airing publicity is pathetic. You know the sort of people who complain about these things; they're the same sort who complain about Harry Potter being witchcraft etc. Not worth consideration.
[/b][/quote]

If one of us did that then the Police would be quickly involved, its true because it does happen!

The truth is it would end up on Jeremey Kyle

Latest posts