• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brian Lara Cricket

J

-JJ-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("http://www.planetcricket.net/blc_index.php")</div>
Codemasters have announced that November 25th is the date that the world will finally get to know more about the highly anticipated Brian Lara International Cricket.

A press release and screenshots are due to be released on that day giving a better view of the game which is on course to be released to coincide with the first Ashes test in 2005.

Brian Lara Cricket Online will of course bring you the best coverage and news on the press release and screenshots on Thursday 25th November.[/b]

Thought this was quite interesting, I'm not a huge fan of cricket games (although I will probably get the new BLC), but it is interesting to see what Swordfish are up to.

JUST BRING IT

I LOVE CRICKET GAMES

EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN A BIT TIDDLY OF LATE, THEY ARE FUN

YES THE OLD BRIAN (OR WARNIES IN AUST), WAS THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 15 2004, 01:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 15 2004, 01:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Nov 15 2004, 12:16 PM
YES!

Brian Lara has always been the best cricket series.
Agree, should be good!, the game will be called Ricky Ponting's International Cricket in Aus, maybe NZ too.

Heres the BLC online site http://www.planetcricket.net/blc_index.php [/b]
Hey Umo - Is that 100% confirmed..............that it will be called Ricky Ponting??\

Not that i am sceptic, but i hate the bloke

i hope it isnt called pontings cricket...if it is u better be able to go to the bourbon and beefstake, and be hooked by someone for six, or hookered by somebloke for sex.

i'll photocopy the cover - white out his name, and put in "Clarkies Cricket Cracking Shots"

I dont want that little ricky runt on my cover, and his name in my room

I'll import Lara if i have too.

to put Ricky and Lara in the same catergory is a blatant sin

Bloody ponting - everyone loves him in australia...............dunno why when u go from Border, Taylor, Waugh to Ponting - the biggest downgrade in captaincy in years!!!

Screw Brian Lara Cricket - I want Andrew Flintoff Cricket!
<

Originally posted by ak47+Nov 15 2004, 01:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 15 2004, 01:46 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Nov 15 2004, 01:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Nov 15 2004, 12:16 PM
YES!

Brian Lara has always been the best cricket series.

Agree, should be good!, the game will be called Ricky Ponting's International Cricket in Aus, maybe NZ too.

Heres the BLC online site http://www.planetcricket.net/blc_index.php
Hey Umo - Is that 100% confirmed..............that it will be called Ricky Ponting??\

Not that i am sceptic, but i hate the bloke

i hope it isnt called pontings cricket...if it is u better be able to go to the bourbon and beefstake, and be hooked by someone for six, or hookered by somebloke for sex.

i'll photocopy the cover - white out his name, and put in "Clarkies Cricket Cracking Shots"

I dont want that little ricky runt on my cover, and his name in my room

I'll import Lara if i have too.

to put Ricky and Lara in the same catergory is a blatant sin

Bloody ponting - everyone loves him in australia...............dunno why when u go from Border, Taylor, Waugh to Ponting - the biggest downgrade in captaincy in years!!! [/b]
I don't have an exact quote, but Rubbergenius (Codemasters Community Liason) has said this "Because we announced BLIC so early perhaps EA have stepped in and are doing a 2005 version for next year - I wouldn't be surprised if they did. As long as BLIC (well, it won't be called that in Australia, it'll be called ***** *******'s International Cricket 2005 ) comes out a week before, that's cool.

And I doubt that they could give it justice if they are only going to give it nine months of development. We're giving BLIC just under two years."

Which is obviously Ricky Ponting's, as he has stated elsewhere on the forum when asked by another user.

Here the forum http://community.codemasters.com/forum/for...php?forumid=317

Never know, could get a different name for each region, rather ponting than Warne

Originally posted by umosay@Nov 15 2004, 08:33 PM
Never know, could get a different name for each region, rather ponting than Warne
So would I, how about Chris Cairns cricket
<

Warnie - the greatest leg spinner of all time...........agruable the greatest bowler of all time..........IMO is the greatest player i have ever seen, in any test match he turns it alive and its always 'happening' on any ground when warnies bowling.

I'll grab a cover of the old warnies for this new BL game.
anything better than ponting
Come to think of it..........a couple of Bradman portraits would go great on the cover.

Actually they should call it Bradmans Cricket in australia, but perhaps the name isnt gettable or too much $$$.

Can anyone at Swordsfish tell me if they tried for the bradman name.

Even worldwide a Bradman game would sell just for what its called.

Rubbergenius is releasing a fact a day at codemasters

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...?threadid=53111

first fact

1. There's eight different pitch types and even footmarks which change progressively; this can be used as a guide to put spin on the ball.

Follow-up answer:
I think they're based around environments - such as a pitch in Australia is different to one in England, which is different to one in the Windies etc.

We're photographing and recording pitches in each of the major countries to get pitch colours, bounce, grass etc all correct.

Latest fact was that "hawkeye" is in the game, and has the official backing/permission of the makers of the technology.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Nov 15 2004, 08:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan @ Nov 15 2004, 08:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Nov 15 2004, 08:33 PM
So would I, how about Chris Cairns cricket
<
[/b]
Shane Bond Cricket would be good but I doubt you'd ever get to play as you'd always be injured (bad joke, i know).

Originally posted by NZL fan@Nov 18 2004, 03:25 AM
Latest fact was that "hawkeye" is in the game, and has the official backing/permission of the makers of the technology.
<

BRILLIANT!

All of the fact of the days are now being updated at http://www.planetcricket.net/blc_index.php as they come.

The latest is that "Brian Lara International Cricket unlockables include a classic squad of 20 with the greatest names from cricket history - WG Grace included."

Edit - Press release has been pushed back to the 2nd of December

Bout time someone made some competition for those shitt ea sports Cricket ***les- god what a waste of money

I think the delay partly might be due to Brian Lara and the rest of the West Indies having trobles in their negotiations, but thats a stab in the dark

Originally posted by elliott77@Dec 4 2004, 09:01 PM
I think the delay partly might be due to Brian Lara and the rest of the West Indies having trobles in their negotiations, but thats a stab in the dark
I think it's because of licensing, so you may be right

Latest posts