Fact of the Day Thursday 16th

In BLIC2005 the commentators will be:

David Gower
Jonathan Agnew
Bill Lawry
Ian Bishop
Tony Greig
Jeff Thomson

And from the game's designer: "Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 will be the first cricket game to ensure that batting, bowling, and fielding all have fun gameplay (rather than just the batting like most cricket games)."

awesome

Good list of commentators. Especially Bill Lawry reckon hes awesome. Love it how he goes on about his favourite cricketer, Adam Gilchrist.

Originally posted by Serge@Dec 17 2004, 09:32 PM
Good list of commentators. Especially Bill Lawry reckon hes awesome. Love it how he goes on about his favourite cricketer, Adam Gilchrist.
"What a cricketer"
"If he's not the best in the world he's damn close"
"What a cricketer"
"He bats at number 7 in tests and comes up to open in One dayers with ease"
"What a cricketer"

etc etc
<

This is the latest from codemasters.......

Fact of the Day, Monday 10th

The pitch point marker works differently to previous cricket games in that it is active throughout the run-up rather than being set before the bowler starts his run. This allows for late adjustments to the line and length you are bowling right up to the point when the ball is being released from the bowler's hand

This would be much better and means the batsman has less time to prepare for a particular shot if the bowling cursor suddenly moves at the last moment. Hopefully the batsman is also able to move around freely at all times.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jan 11 2005, 09:15 AM
This is the latest from codemasters.......

Fact of the Day, Monday 10th

The pitch point marker works differently to previous cricket games in that it is active throughout the run-up rather than being set before the bowler starts his run. This allows for late adjustments to the line and length you are bowling right up to the point when the ball is being released from the bowler's hand

This would be much better and means the batsman has less time to prepare for a particular shot if the bowling cursor suddenly moves at the last moment. Hopefully the batsman is also able to move around freely at all times.
At least it will stop me ocassionaly bowling those wides
<

Update

"Just thought I'd give you a quick update you all on the game and a run-through I had with it this morning.

It's coming on leaps and bounds since the last time I had a full demo of it - I'm very impressed with the work Swordfish have put in over Christmas and New Year. Seems like they have very talented people there as the results are starting to appear in the game.

The front end is virtually done, nice 'cricket-ball red' interface, and the work now is on finishing the match engine and cut scenes, followed by the tweaking and testing to make sure it plays a good, well-balanced game.

In the front-end I was surprised by how much there is to unlock, do and play. Lots of game modes, competitions and tournaments to unlock and win – it'll take weeks and weeks to get through the single-playing mode if nothing else.

From our game designer's perspective, he's very confident about the game and you can see from the passion, and the fun he was having in showing the game off, that everything is starting to come together nicely.

For example - seeing something as simple as 'caught and bowled' was sweet. It ran fantastically and the animations were great, really well-timed and smooth. It looked like the real thing.

Also, I could see that the bowling and the fielding will NOT be a chore unlike some other games. Bowling is integral to the game and the gameplay on this aspect alone is top-drawer.

Being able to choose what ball to bowl up until the last second (rather than fixing the cursor before the run-up which means the opposition know pretty-much what you're going to do) is a great addition and adds so much to the gameplay.

The batsmen really have to react well to fend off the bowlers (as it should be). Some great 'special' deliveries in there as well … more detail to follow.

Again, with fielding throwing the ball is an art in itself and makes the game a lot more realistic, especially when it comes to the fielding aspect of the game. It's not the boring part of a Cricket game any longer.

From a graphical perspective, the crowds are in their seats, and the stadiums look remarkable - nigh-on perfect recreations (although I can't say which stadiums are in there just yet!).

Finally, sound: also heard some of the in-game commentary and Gower and Aggers sound really good, talking nonsense as usual More of the six commentators' lines are to be added soon so that'll be good to hear - along with the crowd shouts, the thwack of leather on wood, the 'Howzats' and more.

I'm not going to answer questions on it at the moment as there's obviously still more work to be done before everything is set in stone, but I'll certainly give you another update soon. The game is getting there and you'll be very happy with the end result. BLIC 2005 is shaping up to be a very realistic game you'll want to immerse yourself in this summer."

FORGET RUGBY 2005

this is the baby

awesome stuff by the sounds of things

wouldnt mind a few visuals soon

u know when the developer talks in that level of confidence, we are in for a special treat with BLIC 2005

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 17 2005, 11:21 AM
FORGET RUGBY 2005

this is the baby

awesome stuff by the sounds of things

wouldnt mind a few visuals soon

u know when the developer talks in that level of confidence, we are in for a special treat with BLIC 2005
We'll wait and see - Hopefully it's a bit more realistic than WCR, sounds like it is going to be

I think the cursor should be where you want the ball to go, not where it goes. EG is you were James Franklin, you'd aim the cursor at off stump, but if there was swing it might drift to leg and you'd get leg-glanced for 4. Same with say bowling an arm ball with Vettori, you aim it up but might accidentally drag it down.

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 20 2005, 06:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 20 2005, 06:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 20 2005, 06:12 PM
are there any pics going around for brian lara????
i havent seen any yet
coming out on feb 3rd [/b]
Brian Lara's coming out on Feb 3rd? Never would have guessed that would be... Ya know?

Latest posts