• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brian O'Driscoll's appearance

C

cruz

I am just wandering and please voice your opinion...have rugby 06 got Brian O'Driscoll's appearance completely wrong?

I see him as average height and quite bulky yet on the game he seems soo tall and lanky and impossible to tackle as he swearves like a bean

I mean correct me if I am wrong and please voice your opion!

I am just wandering and please voice your opinion...have rugby 06 got Brian O'Driscoll's appearance completely wrong?

I see him as average height and quite bulky yet on the game he seems soo tall and lanky and impossible to tackle as he swearves like a bean

I mean correct me if I am wrong and please voice your opion!

[/b]

i dont mind his appearance so much.. it just ****** me off how him and umaga cannot be tackled in the game.. GAYness..

rrrright

i just take umaga out of the all blacks because he doesn't play for them

i also apply constant head high tackles to players like johnny wilkinson and dan carter

You can change that in the editor.. just click off the tacklebreaker option.

I agree that Umaga and O"Driscoll are tough to tackle in '06 but they are hardly impossible. As tacklebreakers they should be tough to bring down.

Imagine how easy the game would be if you could stop some of the best players every single time.

I have a question for Gay-Guy in regards to this issue:

Do you believe that sometime, in certain situations, the game decides that no matter what you do one of the runners will break the tackle?

Or is it a case of it is always possible to tackle any player as long as you get your timing and position right?

its awesome wen ur fav playa is the hardest to stop in the game :D:D:D frustrates my friends a bit tho :p

I think the appearance of all the players are good when you zoom in on them but the further you zoom out the poorer the quality. For example players like Tana Umaga and Ma'a Nonu have normal hair until you zoom in then their dreads suddenly appear whats with that lol.

I agree that Umaga and O"Driscoll are tough to tackle in '06 but they are hardly impossible. As tacklebreakers they should be tough to bring down.

Imagine how easy the game would be if you could stop some of the best players every single time.

I have a question for Gay-Guy in regards to this issue:

Do you believe that sometime, in certain situations, the game decides that no matter what you do one of the runners will break the tackle?

Or is it a case of it is always possible to tackle any player as long as you get your timing and position right?

[/b]

Star player with team momentum bar up....versus a plyer with low tackling stats out in open space or close to the line....the best tackle technique and timing does not guarantee a tackle being made...so yes the game does decide in certain situations.

Yeah good call Gay-Guy - once again your words of wisdom rain down on us mere mortals to bask in.

So it is fair to say that in certain circumstances it is impossible to stop a player from breaking the tackle - I guess that is fair after all in "real" rugby sometimes it is impossible to stop someone.

Yep...thats the answer....a guy I used to play who was right into Madden where you try and get mismatches between attackers and defenders to exploit a weakness rather than use pure skill used to give me my beans by bringing in tackle breakers off the bench in the second half and running them deliberately into [;ayers he knew who were in my team who were NOT tackle ticks.....so after shutting him down with the perfect defensive pattern the whole day.....he would break a tackle and consequently the line......very much like how Mortlocks breal against the AB's was their undoing.