• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bringing back the old legends

jameshur

Academy Player
Hey fellas Ive been playing with the new update for awhile now and as much enjoyable it is, i was wondering if neone knew how to bring back the old players to the new patch? it hurts me deep to see odriscole getting dive tackled from the back. I would love to have players like lomu and umaga and other awesome players.

Just thinking the other day. I never played it, because it sucks with modern kits/rosters, but the challenge mode never got a mod made. Is there a reason why?

I know it uses the .rdf roster, so in theory, you could make 5 rosters for the 5 RWC years ('87, '91, '95 ,'99 ,'03) and 5 kit updates for the National teams who feature. So you could play scenarios in old-time style kits and rosters. You could use faces too, and maybe i can even make a few myself (i'm getting better with o-edit)

That'd be a fairly short mod.. i've probably made most of the retro kits anyway. I can't remember though if the kits use the RWC filenames, or the regular filenames. Would sure be good to play the '95 final again :D

(no poisoning excuses this time)

Just thinking the other day. I never played it, because it sucks with modern kits/rosters, but the challenge mode never got a mod made. Is there a reason why?

I know it uses the .rdf roster, so in theory, you could make 5 rosters for the 5 RWC years ('87, '91, '95 ,'99 ,'03) and 5 kit updates for the National teams who feature. So you could play scenarios in old-time style kits and rosters. You could use faces too, and maybe i can even make a few myself (i'm getting better with o-edit)

That'd be a fairly short mod.. i've probably made most of the retro kits anyway. I can't remember though if the kits use the RWC filenames, or the regular filenames. Would sure be good to play the '95 final again :D

(no poisoning excuses this time)

Sounds like a great idea, although in honesty, I add the player faces to my Play Now team as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts