Brumbies vs Raiders

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by ..::ERIC::.., Jan 20, 2005.

1. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

The Brumbies will play the Radiers.... in cricket. What the hell, a 20 a-side cricket match? That is f***ing whack! Rugby or league would bring in way more crowds.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ???......very exciting.....cricket...yes thats gonna rake in the millions in ticket sales... [​IMG] ...cricket???..whut da f***

4. Wally

Wally Guest

Actually a Twenty20 cricket match (I figure that's what Eric means) against the two clubs would be awesome! It would be cool if it were televised. Some of those players have represented us at state and national level in cricket. Can't wait to see how Greegs does!

5. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

I'd watch if it were soccer. Or touch rugby. Cricket doesn't seem to grab my imagination. No contact except for the bat and ball in cricket. Unless they did what Lance Cairns did in the 80's and throw it at an Aussie batsman's head when attempting a run out. The Aussie batsman looked totally unperturbed when the ball hit him on the back of his neck.

6. What a strange, but good idea! 20/Twenty is a great idea I can't wait for the internationals.

7. rugged

rugged Guest

There's nothing wrong with cricket but who wants to watch rugby players try to play cricket ie who wants to watch bad cricket?

8. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Many Rugby Players mightve gone preety far in Cricket if they chose it ahead of Rugby, just look at Jeff Wilson...

9. Wally

Wally Guest

That's what I more or less said in my previous post. There's alot of pretty good cricketers there. It's just for a bit of fun.

10. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Sorry, didnt read your post. I usually scroll down the page and miss half the posts

11. exactly...rather them play netball [​IMG] ...nah they should play gridiron without pads so harrison can get his a## kicked

12. Wally

Wally Guest

Harrison doesn't play for the Brumbies.

13. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

Nope, I mean 20 players per side.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    -tvnz.co.nz

14. Wally

Wally Guest

Well there you go. A two game series with one match of union and another of league would have been better.

15. well he should play any way and ill smash him [​IMG]

16. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

Let's dig in IRB archives and find the law of the game in the 1870's when there were still 40 players on the pitch, 20 per team, and no schism yet between League and Union.

17. thats a fine idea

18. ak47

ak47 Guest

the raiders could do whatever they want and sellout a stadium

its only coz of the lowlife opposition nobody turns up [​IMG]

19. BEEPS

BEEPS Guest

AK47

I see u are as out of date as your name implies.

It is common for the Brumbies to sell out BRUCE but the Raiders are struggling to sell out Marnica(sp?) oval in recent times. Go with the flow mate, go to Bruce and support the Brumbies or watch the Raiders at the small venue and embrace the loser game. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Wally

Wally Guest

If you think for a minute that if the Raiders had been even half as successful as the Brumbies in recent times that they wouldn't be more popular you are kidding yourself mate.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!