• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Calling All Catholics!

<div class='quotemain'>
What we must first accept is that Catholicism, Protestantism and Evengelicalism are not seperate Religions, but denominations of the same faith: Christianity. We share the same basic principal: Christ is the only means of Salvation and Reconciliation to God. That we can all agree upon. However since the beginning we've constantly had quarrells about all the sub-articles of faith. C'est la vie. I'm personally attending these classes not neccessarily to become Catholic, but to better understand my Catholic brothers so I personally can work towards unity. The bible says that we (the Christian Faith) are the body (one body). Therefore I belive we must be unified in our efforts of establishing the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
[/b]

Don't forget our Eastern Orthodox friends too...I was told once that Catholics can go to an orthodox church to meet their mass obligations but not a protestant one. The Romanists are in communion with the eastern churches but not the other fellows.

Personally I'd go to mass in an Anglican church if nothing else was available be apparently you aren't supposed to.

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, sorry I left those guys out...I think you'll find my list left quite a few people out...non-purposefully Eastern Orthodox...very-purposefully Mormons.
It's interesting how the more Orthodox Churchs (Catholics, Eastern and Episcoples) hold communion every time they have a service, whereas the Evangelicals and Baptists only do it on special occasion. It's been well over a year since I was in a service where we had communion.

Yeah, sorry I left those guys out...I think you'll find my list left quite a few people out...non-purposefully Eastern Orthodox...very-purposefully Mormons.
It's interesting how the more Orthodox Churchs (Catholics, Eastern and Episcoples) hold communion every time they have a service, whereas the Evangelicals and Baptists only do it on special occasion. It's been well over a year since I was in a service where we had communion.
[/b]

They manage to shoe-horn communion in all the time with us lot. Is communion not that big-a thing for protestants.

Over here a kid's first communion is still a big family party type event (even if most of the families don't go to church anymore anyway).

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

They manage to shoe-horn communion in all the time with us lot. Is communion not that big-a thing for protestants.

Over here a kid's first communion is still a big family party type event (even if most of the families don't go to church anymore anyway).
[/b][/quote]
No, it's a big thing...that's why they only do it every so often. You guys get a lot of critisism from our church leaders for making the very special act of communion seem ordinary.
I wish, though, that it actually were a more sacred event for us...I don't really feel like it is.
We also don't offer the education like you do...most churches don't have programs for people to really understand what the faith is all about.

No, it's a big thing...that's why they only do it every so often. You guys get a lot of critisism from our church leaders for making the very special act of communion seem ordinary.
I wish, though, that it actually were a more sacred event for us...I don't really feel like it is.
We also don't offer the education like you do...most churches don't have programs for people to really understand what the faith is all about.
[/b]

My mate Ron is a priest...he's currently up to his elbows in pictures and worksheets and stuff that the kids are doing before their first Holy communion.

With us it's kind of synonymous with going to church...Ie you can't have mass without it, I can see why people might want to reserve it for truly special occasions....I just think we say that every mass is a special occasion (we are obligated to go each & every week, if you miss mass you can't recieve communion 'til you've confessed).

Do you guys have to fast before receiving?

No, In my opinion, it's only made a special occassion because of the rarity. Eveangelical Churches lack in discipline and reverence for these sort of things. We could take a note from Lent and Communion from the Roman Catholics.
Tell your mate that I'm going through Catechism and plan on bringing down the Pope with my knowledge (just a joke).

No, In my opinion, it's only made a special occassion because of the rarity. Eveangelical Churches lack in discipline and reverence for these sort of things. We could take a note from Lent and Communion from the Roman Catholics.
Tell your mate that I'm going through Catechism and plan on bringing down the Pope with my knowledge (just a joke).
[/b]

and it's no, nay, never...GOD BLESS THE POPE!

<div class='quotemain'> F*** the Pope lol [/b]

Please try to keep your sick fantasies to yourself.
[/b][/quote]
Especially as the Pope is very anti-gay intercourse.

Latest posts