• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Northampton

http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/events/paul-***o-130808/thumbs/CDF_Paul_Tito03.jpg

Paul ***o!

Congrats to the Blues, they deserved the win, tis a shame there wasn't more tries in the game.

Northampton done really well in the second half. The way the first half went, I thought the flood gates would open. Credit to the saints 2nd half performance especially they're defence.

Awesome match, Blues are really showing the hard edge they need, and are learning how to close out tight games, which should put them in good stead for the HC.

As with the Ospreys (to a lesser extent though), the Blues do need to improve their finishing, they created numerous clean breaks but only converted one into a try, support needs to be quicker and cleverer with the ball they get.

I have to pay tribute to Northhampton, great effort there in the second half after the shocker they had in the first. Their scramble defence was insane at times, really making the Blues pay for getting isolated after making searing breaks. There's more to come from both teams I feel. Thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable second half that brightened the day after the messery of the first Semi.

To be honest I think Northampton deserved the victory second half! But the Blues closed the game down which was pleasing to see, Blues still need a decent tight head we really really do! To be fair Spice was not great and cannot wait for Cooper next year!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 28 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To be honest I think Northampton deserved the victory second half! But the Blues closed the game down which was pleasing to see, Blues still need a decent tight head we really really do! To be fair Spice was not great and cannot wait for Cooper next year![/b]
Spice must be shite if you are looking forward to Coopers arrival.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 28 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 28 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest I think Northampton deserved the victory second half! But the Blues closed the game down which was pleasing to see, Blues still need a decent tight head we really really do! To be fair Spice was not great and cannot wait for Cooper next year![/b]
Spice must be shite if you are looking forward to Coopers arrival.
[/b][/quote]

Anything is better than Spice .... wait ill say that again cause Richie Rees aint any better either!

Cooper played his best ever game today for the mighty Glaws. On the wing for a few minutes! GO NOW PLEASE!!

ah great game, glad the Blues pulled it off and nice to see them finally reach the final. Should be an interesting final, can see the Blues being confident about it considering they beat Gloucester in a cracking match in the the Millenium Stadium, and with only 14 men for most of the match in Kingsholm. I hope they're not over-conmfident though, Gloucester are a good team, and will most likely be out for revenge.
Hats of to the Saints though, they're defence was outstanding, and they scored a cracking try too! Blues did well to come out on top, and glad they showed a bit more of an edge and purpose to close tight games down. Can't wait for the Toulouse match now :D should be a cracker!

Who wouldnt be confident playing GLOUCESTER in a final. We are still an accident constantly happening!

That Dylan Hartley really ****** me off lol

Great Game, Really Enjoyed it, After the first half, i thought the Blues would come out and win by much more, but great try from their centre in the corner.

Nicky Robinson again blew hot and cold, how many touch kicks did he miss? but then he put some decent kicks in open play.

Gloucester again, Different Game though, Hope they aren't to overconfident

Saints monstered the scrum, Blues monstered the rest of the game.

Fair result.

Latest posts