• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Challenge Cup 2018] Final - Cardiff Blues vs Gloucester

Another yellow at the maul? Possibly.

If it is, Garces deserves dropping from all reffin.

He has had a really bad game. No doubting the yellow, but a second after he caused a 14 point swing in the game shouldn't be allowed.

I thought you had to let them up?

Edit: no doubting the Blue's heart, but Garces should get motm.

Blues fought back fantastically in the second half, but Gloucester were robbed there by the ref. Simple fact is Blues got a try that was clearly offside.

Mental ending to the game,

Great cup final though, there's always the risk the teams go in trying not to lose rather than trying to win

Blues fought back fantastically in the second half, but Gloucester were robbed there by the ref. Simple fact is Blues got a try that was clearly offside.
Also the try in the first half wrongly disallowed.

Also the try in the first half wrongly disallowed.

Yeah though that I can see as a honest mistake and just annoying he didn't check. However asking the TMO to check and then not seeing it's offside is just incompetence. It's times like this when I'd love to be in the post match analysis to see if they are actually called on it, because if they get that wrong they shouldn't be officiating at club level let alone european/international.

Come on now BT you can do better than that. Don't address them as European champions.

Great game of rugby. Fair play to both sides for putting on a great show.

Both sides looked very good in patches, with Gloucester possessing a few more physical beasts, and Blues a few more x-factor players behind.

I can understand the criticism of the ref from Gloucester supporters though. Definite try disallowed in the first half, why not let the try be scored then check with the tmo instead of making a split second decision? Tomos Williams didn't look offside to me? Still that first half decision was a big one, although shouldn't take away from Blues because Gloucester were still way in front at half time.

A hell of a lot of crowing from Welsh rugby fans on social media considering the 14pt swing caused by incompetent refereeing.
Bit embarrassing

*I should note that Gloucester are my least favourite club, and I wanted Cardiff to win, before I get called a bitter Englishman ;)

Double edit: I'm not on about Cardiff fans celebrating the win, but the hoards of troglodytes using the result to have a pop at the English. They should be having a pop at SANZAR from the make up of the Gloucester side! :p

Last edited:
Great game of rugby. Fair play to both sides for putting on a great show.

Both sides looked very good in patches, with Gloucester possessing a few more physical beasts, and Blues a few more x-factor players behind.

I can understand the criticism of the ref from Gloucester supporters though. Definite try disallowed in the first half, why not let the try be scored then check with the tmo instead of making a split second decision? Tomos Williams didn't look offside to me? Still that first half decision was a big one, although shouldn't take away from Blues because Gloucester were still way in front at half time.

Yeah, didn't look offside cause they didn't actually show a decent angle more than once. At this stage I would want clear proof it wasn't because based on what I saw during the TMO it wasn't even close.

Had a propper look at the Garyn Smith (Not Tomos Williams) try in post match, and all the pundits agreed he wasn't offside, flat but not offside. So not a 14 point swing.

Obviously there's still the matter of the disallowed try in the first half, which was poor; but a team can't pit it all on the ref when the decision was early in the second quarter and they still went in at half time 14 points up!

Last edited:
Dc8mePeX0AEKvIX.jpg

Latest posts