• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff v Llanelli

A

An Tarbh

Both sides will be looking to bounce back following their defeats against the Dragons and the Ospreys respectively, not as much a surprise at losing to the Ospreys for Llanelli more the manner of the defeat, while Cardiff should have been expecting to come away from Rodney Parade with more than just a losing bp given they've been playing at a higher level this season.

I'd probably fancy the Blues to shade this just in a close game similar to their clash with the Ospreys.

I think it will be a game were a single try or a few points will be difference.

I say a Blues win!

I think I'm gonna plump for a Blues win here too. The Scarlets looked really ragged against the Ospreys and unless our handling improves by Monday, I can't see us getting anything out of the game. A bit of aggression from the forwards would be pretty useful too.

I think I'm gonna plump for a Blues win here too. The Scarlets looked really ragged against the Ospreys and unless our handling improves by Monday, I can't see us getting anything out of the game. A bit of aggression from the forwards would be pretty useful too.
[/b]

I think Llanelli backs will deffo outclass the Blues backs but I think the Blues have a better pack.

Is Jones likely to be fit?
[/b]

bbc.co.uk

But Mike Phillips, Rhys Thomas and Gethin Jenkins should be fit after missing the Dragons defeat, while Mosese Luveitasau and Marc Stcherbina could return after knee surgery.

Scarlets coach Phil Davies has played down injury fears around Stephen Jones - who missed the Ospreys hammering with a back injury - plus Inoke Afeaki, Scott MacLeod and Barry Davies, who were injured at the Liberty Stadium.

Simon Easterby is missing after knee surgery.

[/b]

Accroding to the bbc they beleive he is fit, but I think he wont start

Apparently this game is under threat cause of the weather conditions, won't help the Scarlets given they've already had a game called off over the holiday period, would be some backlog of fixtures for them.

Apparently this game is under threat cause of the weather conditions, won't help the Scarlets given they've already had a game called off over the holiday period, would be some backlog of fixtures for them.
[/b]

I think its more down to the fact that Cardiff played Pontypridd at the Arms Park yesterday and that has destroyed the pitch, the ref decided not to call the game off, a really bad decision really!

Stephen Jones has also been declared unfit for the game!

Hey guys, this will be one of the first game to have the new scrum rules introduced. It will be interesting to see who the game will be with this new rule.

Been a very good holiday period for the Blues, just hope they can bring that form to Welford Rd in a couple of weeks time.