• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff vs Leinster

are you saying Halfpenny is more accurate from further out?

that reminds of François Steyn, as just a regular goal kicker he's not that good

do you remember he cost the Sharks the 2007 Super 14 by missing an easy conversion which would have put them out of range of the Bulls?
I am; yes, that is true; nearly erased it from my memory, but Habana should have been carded.
I think Halfpenny's all-around goal kicking has improved though.

I still think Halfpenny's all round goal kicking is up there with the best. One missed kick doesn't mean too much, considering even the best miss occasional easy kicks. Ultimately, Halpenny has never been given the kicking duties on a consisten basis (other than with the U20's a few season ago, where he was very good). He usually get a couple of 50m attempts per game, where there's little to no pressure on him to succeed. If the Blues (and possibly Wales) give Halfpenny the kicking duties on a permanent basis I think he'd quickly adjust. Hopefully one missed kick won't change Baber and Burnells minds, because having Halfpenny as the permanent goal kicker means that it's not necessary to have Parks on the field for his goal kicking.

Parks had a better game today than usual, but he still stands much to deep. Laulala is 10m behind the gainline when he recieves the ball, so none of his fancy footwork or offloading really case the opposition defense any trouble. The Blues attack functions bettwr when Lloyd Williams takes the ball accross from the ruck, drawing in a couple of defenders then firing the ball out to the centres by-passing Parks, and that's very worrying.

Very impressed with Harry Robinson when he came on. He deserves a propper shot now. He's just a bundle of energy and power. Popped up everywhere after coming on. Him, Mustoe and Halfpenny were the most dangerous Blues players tonight.

Edit. I thought Rhys Williams had a huge impact on the game. He sorted out the lineout, and really offered himself as a ball carying option in both the tight and open field. Blues should def start him next week against LI. I was also impressed with Cook. I know he gave away a couple of silly penalties, with the last one for tacking a Leinster player without the ball particularily un-necessary, but he still had a strong game in other areas. He jamp well in the lineout, tackled well and was a ball carying option. With ***o nowhere neer the player he used to be, the Blues should look to bring Cook through now imo.

Last edited:
he's scored 36 points from 5 matches off the boot this season, so Cardiff are attempting lots of long pens with him at the minute

Leinster struggled with discipline simply because the refs interpretation to the breakdown and scrum was different to theirs. Whether it was right or wrong Leinster should have adjusted. Other than that I thought we looked dangerous especially before the subs. Heaslip had a very good game in my opinion and I stand by my opinion that he should be captain for Ireland in the coming 6N. I thought our second was pretty good aswell and I was very impressed with Flanagan. Also really thought Murphy came on and added some grunt.

Heaslip was really good and Flanagan looks like a good prospect agree with snoop about blooding players.

Latest posts