Cardiff vs Leinster

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Cardiff (v Leinster): Gavin Henson; Leigh Halfpenny, Casey Laulala, Gavin Evans, Tom James; Dan Parks, Lloyd Williams; Gethin Jenkins, Marc Breeze, Scott Andrews; Bradley Davies, Michael Paterson; Maama Molitika, Sam Warburton (capt), Xavier Rush. Replacements: Rhys Williams, John Yapp, Sam Hobbs, Macauley Cook, Josh Navidi, Richie Rees, Ceri Sweeney, Richard Mustoe

Leinster (v Cardiff):
Rob Kearney; Dave Kearney, Fergus McFadden, Gordon D’Arcy, Andrew Conway; Jonathan Sexton, Eoin Reddan; Cian Healy, Sean Cronin, Mike Ross; Damian Browne, Devin Toner; Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O’Brien, Jamie Heaslip (capt). Replacements: Aaron Dundon, Heinke van der Merwe, Jamie Hagan, Rhys Ruddock, Leo Auva’a, Isaac Boss, Isa Nacewa, Fionn Carr.

Hopefully will be a good match which Leinster win. Will be tight in all honesty. The Leinster lineup should please the I.R.F.U. all starting players are Irish the centres point fortunately or unfortunately to I think the likely starting partnership for the 6n.

15 Halfpenny, 12 Henson, 11 Mustoe is much nicer looking. Not that it matters who is at 12 with Parks.

Gavin Evans again..... Can anyone make sense of it? Hopefully we'll see Henson move infield at some point with Mustoe coming on and Halfpenny moving to fullback, as Draggs suggests above. It's not that Henson hasn't played well at fullback, because he has, but the Blues would be much more balanced with Henson at centre considering Roberts is out.

Good to see Cook on the bench though. Blues really need to start giving him some genuine gametime.

Henson is playing at 15 apparently because Gatland has asked the Blues to try him there.

Henson is playing at 15 apparently because Gatland has asked the Blues to try him there.

Fair enough. Henson has always had the ability to be a great fullback. His huge boot certainly suits the position. I do find that he sometimes get's caught in a couple of minds when running from fullback though, and he ultimately lacks just a little bit of pace (although he's often moving faster than he looks). Henson's distribution and defensive organising is probably two of his biggest strengths, and they aren't utilized from fullback.

Have I missed something in Gavin Evans. Burnell describes him as the 'biggest unsung hero' in the Blues squad, yet I rarely see him do much. 22 tackles is a good haul, but not many are destructive tackles, they're all rather passive. When Evans plays, Laulala tends to have to do everything from 13, crash ball and all. Gavin Evans has never impressed me. he's not a terrible player, but he's just a bit meh. I'd say Hewitt is a bigger unsung hero, because he's genuinely had some very good games for the Blues.

Last edited:
Poor start from the ref. Missed a blatant forward pass in the lead up to Leinsters first try. Two Leinster players didn't release the tackled player when Gavin Evans was penalised for holding on.

Gotta say though, the Blues have been disapointing. Leinsters first try came from a free kick from a Blues scrum after the ref had just spoken to both teams about going early. Molitika has had a shocking start. Twice he's shot out of the defensive line, and as a result Leinster have scored two try's.

True the ref hasn't been great but neither have the Blues, Leinster could embarass them again if they don't take the finger out.

True the ref hasn't been great but neither have the Blues, Leinster could embarass them again if they don't take the finger out.

Certainly. The ref hasn't done anything to directly result in a try, it's simply been some shocking defense from the Blues.

leigh halfpenny unleashing the hammer twice in the first twenty minutes, leinster are now going to lose.

what happened to henson the woman

Not sure tbh, missed the build-up. Very mature of you btw.

Just to let you know, you can edit your previous post instead of double posting.

Blues defense has been much better after conceding the two tries, although Leinster broke the line too easily again there.

Edit. Drop goal from Parks. Nice to get 3, but couldn't he wait a little longer to see what developed from Lloyd Williams' excellent break before going for the drop goal!

Last edited:
you wouldn't see pierre spies getting a calf injury. even if a lion bit his leg off.