• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carlos Spencer

S

shiznit

hey guys...
saw Los' on MaoriTV last night. hes back home with the family at the moment and was on the CODE program on MaoriTV.

he sounded like he was really shattered about being relegated and was keen as to get northampton back into the top division. he also sounds like hes looking at staying at the club for another 4 years or so if they still want him. he said he was shattered for the fans and wanted to put things right.

good to see hes actually not just there for a pension. the place must be tops if he feels that strongly about it.

the place must be tops if he feels that strongly about it.
[/b]

One of the most solid fanbases in English rugby, and facilities to make other clubs drool. On paper, we shouldn't be in the mess we are.

It's fitting that Spencer leads the charge to get us back to the top though, as too many times last season he put in performances which were way below par. Not only him, the whole team let themselves down, but not having a 10 at the top of his game was costly.

Credit to the guy for toughing it out though. Shows he is a professional, with credibility to match, and nice that he respects the fans enough to want to put things right.

Not like his old mate Justin 'the weasel' Marshall.

Good news...I'm glad he still cares even after all the flak he's taken from the fans. Yes, he has cost us dearly at times but it's not just been his fault. I really hope he can teach Myler some nice tricks...I also hope he doesn't hinder his development too.

Maybe if you didn't play him in a position he's never played in his life just for the sake of playing him he might have not done as badly.

Maybe if you didn't play him in a position he's never played in his life just for the sake of playing him he might have not done as badly.
[/b]

He was at 10 more often than centre. And didn't perform.

Take it from people who actually watched the matches, he was far from vintage Spencer last season. I do enjoy your idea that Spencer is infallible though. I'd love him to never have a bad game or make mistakes, but he's human. It happens.

"Well Northampton must be **** coz he was always the best player on the pitch when he played for Auckland" :rolleyes:

;)

To be honest we didn't have much choice at the time. Considering that at that time we were down to a whopping 1 centre who had played Premiership rugby (Kydd). Also Myler needs Premiership experience because I think he's definitely starting material in a year or two plus at the time he was definitely on form so really, why not play your best performing player at FH?

i havent seen any northhampton games but i know from watching los' over the years that hes only good when his forward pack gives him a good platform. hes a deadet freak when the pack does its job. im not saying this as an excuse.. im just thinking maybe they could look at the forward pack.

Our forwards on paper weren't that great, but really bucked their ideas up as the season went on.

There are no excuses. Spencer didn't play as well as he can. Simple as that. Can't change anything now, so I fully hope to see him ripping apart National League 1 defenses next season.

Spencer's now an old hand, but a very talented old hand.
If the UK is going to base their 10's from the SH, then for my vote, I'd go with Spencer.

Another thing, if the UK is going to pay big bucks for Kiwi's, Saffas and Islanders and Aussies you dickheads.
you've just cut your own throat... getting these playera to play for your national squad is just not going to happen, in life you can earn the bucks but playing rugby for the the opposition.... seriously...

There are in fact English 10s coming through and playing at the top level: Wilkinson, Flood, Geraghty, Lamb, Barkley to name a few.

The main reason he's not been clynical this year is he's not had a propper 7 or 8 looking after him. Fox can't play 7, hever has and never will, Lewitt isn't anything more then a bench warmer, Harding was seven different shades of **** (so good riddence), Browne was worse then Harding, Easter is always broke, Rae and Hopley have a combined age of 12 and behind them in the pecking order is... errr...

My point exactly. Been saying it all season.

That's a pretty big shock that Carlos Spencer isn't playing well at the club level...normally he leaves his choking and poor play for the All Blacks.

Spencer's now an old hand, but a very talented old hand.
If the UK is going to base their 10's from the SH, then for my vote, I'd go with Spencer.

Another thing, if the UK is going to pay big bucks for Kiwi's, Saffas and Islanders and Aussies you dickheads.
you've just cut your own throat... getting these playera to play for your national squad is just not going to happen, in life you can earn the bucks but playing rugby for the the opposition.... seriously...
[/b]

But we're not really basing our no.10s off of SH players. Only two, maybe three clubs in the GP based their fly half on a SH on a regular basis, 'Quins, Northampton and Sarries to my mind.

Now, that is down to one: Saracens with Glen Jackson.

In fact, I'd wager there are more SH fly halves in the French and Magners Leagues, so, kindly direct your conservative whinging at them please!

Edit: And I saw Carlos the Jackal when he visited with Northampton to Worcester. Played at fly half, didn't do that well at all to be honest.

yeah whats up with Glen Jackson?? i heard he made himself available England now... Ex NZ Maori and NZ A 1st five makes himself available for England. if i was Ashton i would be keeping well clear of Jacko. theres a reason the guy didnt get picked for international rugby. he was decent for waikato but as soon as he stepped up to the Maori's or A's he wasnt the goods.

Really? Where did you hear that?

Jackson does get easily rattled though. Worcester in the last game really did take the battle to him and he missed allot of conversions.

i heard it on the radio i think... i will google it and see what i come up with.

from this link: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story....3250&pnum=2

the last couple of parragraphs:

The couple are expecting their first child soon - the would-be whistler's father-in-law, Stu Ellis, was a fly-half and referee too - and Jackson qualifies for England in October. "There'd be no question I would play if I got selected.

"It's pretty safe to say I'm too old with young guys like [Shane] Geraghty and [Toby] Flood around, but you never know."

i dont think england are that desperate...

Los was always a confidence man, if the bottom lip drops, he can take a while to bounce back. But if he's playing well, look out, as genius has terrible lows and exhilirating highs... a certain Campese for example.

To be honest Jackson would fit the bill well at england, i havent watched much of him this season but he seems to have got saracens where they are by kcing them to victories. With the likelyhood that Wilkinson will get injured sometime when england needs him i feel that it would be in englands best interest to use jackson rather than Hodgson as the first choice 10 because Hodgson simply hasn't perfomed at international level. From what i know Jackson is a reliable kicker, likes to release his backs and is at a good age to read the an international quality game.

p.s. never knew that there was a maori t.v. do you have like higlanders and blues t.v. in N.Z???

Latest posts